Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 60 in 1 question  (Read 1090 times)

solid187

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2021, 02:55:43 pm
60 in 1 question
« on: June 08, 2007, 11:58:38 am »
My 60 in 1 should arrive today.  My question is 'can I use an ATX power supply to power it' or does it have to be an AT powersupply?  Thanks ahead of time.

modessitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:02:28 pm
  • Technician
Re: 60 in 1 question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 01:21:10 pm »
The problem with using an ATX power supply is that it has a connector that registers the power-button through the motherboard, but the 60-in-1 doesn't support this.  You can short the two pins together that wait for the signal (or snip and tie the wires together) if you want.  It's easier to just get a power supply that turns on when the switch on the power supply itself is turned on.

It's cheaper (usually) to just use a switching power supply than an ATX or AT.  The only difference is you would have to tie the wires from the JAMMA connector to the lugs and tie 120 A/C into the switcher.  If that sounds too complicated for you, go with the PC-style power supply of your choice...
Working Games:Joust CT,Gyruss UR,Pong,Battlezone UR#1
Current Proj's:Battlezone UR#2
Cheap/Free Cabs Wanted: DK,KarateChamp,Shinobi,Ghosts&Goblins,CircusCharlie,10ydFight,PolePositnCP,RallyX,Frogger

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 06:36:29 pm »
I simply went on craigslist and posted a WANTED: AT PS ad...I bought 3 for $11.00...

Now,  that said,  you CAN HEAR the fan of the PS in a quiet room...I am going to swap out the AT PS for an arcade switcher soon.  Arcade switchers can be had for $20 or so.
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 11:43:41 pm »
The 60 in 1 is JAMMA so it is powered by the existing Jamma power supply that's already in your game cabinet.