Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Am I the only one amused by Michael Vick?  (Read 6452 times)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Am I the only one amused by Michael Vick?
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:07:02 pm »

I mean, all the penny ante crap he's always pulled didn't really mean much... but this time it's bad.  We're talking go directly to prison forfeit your millions no one will defend you this time bad. 

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Kaytrim

• I'm too nice a guy
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2015, 04:11:30 pm
Re: Am I the only one amused by Michael Vick?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:23 pm »
I think that this leads to a more underlying issue in the NFL.  The comishener is trying to deal with it by the recent suspensions handed down to players for inappropriate behavior, PacMan and Tank.  There might be something like this or worse waiting for Vic.  He has tried to cover his but, however he may not be able to get out of this.  I say he made his bed let him sleep in it.

horseboy

• Only Saint has those powers.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2021, 02:19:14 pm
  • With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:02:16 pm »
Really just plain stupid, huh? I don't get it either.  :dunno

You may be wondering why in the hell a guy like that would have anything to do with dog fighting. I think I can shed a little light on this one. My little brother went to play football at Virginia Tech the year after Vick left. He was a pretty big-time QB recruit, so they had Vick showing him around in his visit. Anyhow, I am not sure about the general population in Blacksburg, but for some reason the whole dog fighting thing runs rampant within the football team. Almost everyone of my brother's football buddies had a pitbull. Many of those people fought them as well. In my visits there we went over to several different players houses/apartments that were breeding fighting Pit Bulls. My brother even had to take care of someone's Pit for a few days once. The thing ended up giving birth to 8 puppies under his computer desk.

I am not really sure why that culture has developed there. Maybe it is because Blacksburg is a small town with not much at all to do. Who knows? I am however pretty positive that Vick picked up this nasty little hobby in college.

Quote from: saint
saint is all powerful.

Apparently he is.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:06:00 pm »

Still, you gotta figure, with the microscope these guys are under, why the hell would a sane person risk that?  I mean, even for someone as supremely arrogant and stupid as Vick, that much has to be obvious.

horseboy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 01:07:27 pm »
Stupid is the key word.

saint is all powerful.

Apparently he is.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 01:09:41 pm »

Could a pro athlete actually consider themselves that untouchable?  That they could be funding and involved in operating something as blatantly illegal and brutal as an animal fighting operation, literally thinking no one would say anything?

I love how, in all this mess, no one thinks anything amiss that they were in the property for a drug warrant.  What else was going on there?

CCM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2020, 10:08:27 am
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 01:45:39 pm »
Micheal Vick and his brother are both pieces of crap!  Michael is a good athlete, but an average QB at best.  They should thow him out of the league and sentence him to fight a pack of pitbulls.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 01:46:30 pm »

But I like watching Derrick Brooks pwn him every year.

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 03:51:29 pm »
Really just plain stupid, huh? I don't get it either.  :dunno

You may be wondering why in the hell a guy like that would have anything to do with dog fighting. I think I can shed a little light on this one. My little brother went to play football at Virginia Tech the year after Vick left. He was a pretty big-time QB recruit, so they had Vick showing him around in his visit. Anyhow, I am not sure about the general population in Blacksburg, but for some reason the whole dog fighting thing runs rampant within the football team. Almost everyone of my brother's football buddies had a pitbull. Many of those people fought them as well. In my visits there we went over to several different players houses/apartments that were breeding fighting Pit Bulls. My brother even had to take care of someone's Pit for a few days once. The thing ended up giving birth to 8 puppies under his computer desk.

I am not really sure why that culture has developed there. Maybe it is because Blacksburg is a small town with not much at all to do. Who knows? I am however pretty positive that Vick picked up this nasty little hobby in college.

Just curious, but how do a bunch of fottball players that live in dorm rooms have pet pitbulls? :dunno

CCM

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 03:54:35 pm »

Just curious, but how do a bunch of fottball players that live in dorm rooms have pet pitbulls? :dunno

Well, he did say house/apartments not dorms.  And if they were football palyers on scholarships they are handed everything, they don't live in dorms.

CCM

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 04:22:38 pm »
Well, he did say house/apartments not dorms.  And if they were football palyers on scholarships they are handed everything, they don't live in dorms.

Eh, yes, actually, they have to live in dorms.  NCAA has some fairly strict rules.

Now, of course, 'there are ways' around it.  Texas A&M suddenly decided it would be cheaper to put the athletes in apartments and use the athlete dorm for offices.  Not sure if they've continued to get away with that.

They also have to allow regular students into the athlete dorms.  Usually the 'way around' that is to require students to purchase a really expensive meal plan or something.

Eh, no, actually they can live off-campus.

From the Virginia Tech Student Athlete Handbook:

Off-Campus Housing
Student-athletes desiring to live off-campus must first obtain approval
from their coach and sport administrator. You should have a telephone
in your off-campus residence and provide your coach with your phone
number and address.
If you are living off-campus in a private residence (e.g., renting a room
in a private, leasing a house), as a condition of participation, a copy of
your lease/rental agreement must be in your athletic file. In addition,
you are encouraged to pay rent by check or money order to keep proper
records (i.e., receipts, canceled checks, miscellaneous charges).
If you have such a living arrangement, notify your coach.

link for reference:  www.hokiesports.com/studentlife/handbook06.pdf

horseboy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 04:24:13 pm »

Many of them all lived in the same townhouse complex. That is where my brother lived. Believe it or not, my brother's address was 420 Janie Lane. They lived up to address, too.

I was visiting for a game one time when my brother had to stay at a hotel with the team the night before a game. Some of his buddies and roommates weren't dressing out for the game, so they didn't have to stay in the hotel. So it's 4:00 am and the "party" is still kicking in the townhouse, but I look around and realize something isn't right. They had the music as loud as I have ever heard and every door and window open. I say, "Shouldn't we turn the music down? It's 4:00 am and the neighbors are probably sleeping." "No, no, no. It's cool. Everybody loves us." Well, obviously, 10 minutes later a cop comes to the front door, and since it is wide freakin' open he can obviously see everything that is going on. He had probable cause to enter when he saw the two foot bong on the table. The cop is trying to gather everybody together in the living room, and when he turns his back my brother's best friend (craziest bastard I know) chucks the bags behind the fridge and grabs the bong and runs outside. He stuck it in a trash can 2 houses down. After like an hour, the cop finally finds it, confiscated it, and leaves, but he forgot about the bags.  :laugh2: The next day the newspaper said that drug paraphernalia was confiscated on the 400 block of Janie Lane. My mom asked me if we knew which neighbor it was.  :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Wow, that was way off-topic. Nothing to see here.

saint is all powerful.

Apparently he is.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 03:02:19 pm »

Vick is going to jail - he's going to plead guilty.  News just out.

:tool:

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 03:21:49 pm »
Yeah and he better hope that he catches the judge on a good day during sentencing, because the judge is in no way bound to the terms of the plea deal. He can still slap the maximum penalty if he chooses to.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 03:23:38 pm »

My best guess is he's going near the max terms of the original indictment and that the deal was all about not bringing additional charges.  He's looking at like 5 years now... if they superseded this indictment with another, or if the state brought racketeering charges, he was going in for the rest of his life (a 40 year bid).

RTSDaddy2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 08:15:26 pm »
The football pundits are already saying "Mike Vick will be back."  As a Falcon fan (god help me), I'm just glad the little punk is gone....

hypernova

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2016, 12:52:48 pm
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:30:58 pm »
I was reading something earlier mentioning a range of 12-18 months...

edit:  of prison time.
I'll exercise patience when you stop exercising stupidity.
My zazzle page.  I've created T-shirts!

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 09:36:31 pm »

If the NFL has a sack they'll give him the Pete Rose treatment for running a gambling ring.

If the CFL has a sack they'll give him the Ricky Williams treatment and say "no more NFL suspension players".

If the AFL has a sack they'll sign him.

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 12:59:39 am »
I think it's a shame we all prejudged him like Tommy said ::)
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

Jouster

• <replace with your own witty comment>
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2023, 10:55:01 pm
  • Flap, Flap...Crash
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 11:52:51 am »
Yeah...we were WAAAAYYYY off.

Jouster
There are 10 types of people out there...those that understand binary, and those that don't.

arcadefever

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2009, 09:45:05 pm
  • Miami Beach Florida
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 08:13:32 pm »
i don't get it ... is contract with the Falcons is around 13 millions , and the bet on dog fighting only a few thousand  :dunno

why risking everything  for  that ????

13 millions  ::) how many more cab could i have with that  :angel:

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 08:46:39 pm »

Erm... not 13 million... 130 million.

arcadefever

• Offline Offline
  • Miami Beach Florida
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 11:15:30 pm »

;) i know, i just realise that a few minutes later  ...

so, 130 million...that a very nice game room...and enough money left over to invite all BYOAC members for a mega party :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:17:53 pm by arcadefever »

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 12:19:46 am »

;) i know, i just realise that a few minutes later  ...

so, 130 million...that a very nice game room...and enough money left over to invite all BYOAC members for a mega party :cheers:

Don't forget your dogs!

arcadefever

• Offline Offline
  • Miami Beach Florida
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 12:56:21 am »
 ;D

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 09:31:37 am »

Hell, with 130 million I would hire hot strippers instead and put your nametags on them.

tommy

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 01:10:52 pm »
I think it's a shame we all prejudged him like Tommy said ::)

It was in his best interest to plead guilty no matter if he did it or not, with 4 guys and the government all out to see him burn for this, he had no choice. Now, that is not to say he did or did not do any of this, it's just the odds against him were so bad and having no faith in the system he took the easy way out. I would have too.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 01:13:30 pm »

So you still don't think he is guilty?  Even when he admits it and goes to jail for it?

tommy

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 01:15:52 pm »
He has to admit guilt (a small degree of guilt) to take the deal and get this behind him as quick and painless as possible.

Even if he was innocent, with three so called friends and so called people who know him well testifying against him it would be hard no matter what.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 01:22:26 pm »

So what does it take for you to believe he did it?  There are witnesses, evidence, his actual admission... do you need to see it yourself?  The entire burden of proof is satisfied and you still won't admit it.

tommy

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 01:27:09 pm »
I'm not here to judge him one way or the other, I'm just giving my opinions on how things could have played out and maybe why things are going the way they are.

Just because I'm putting up an argument does not mean i think he is innocent.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 01:28:01 pm »

Fair enough.  I think at this point even the most ardent of his supporters have to admit he did these things.  He admits it himself.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 01:47:46 pm »
As usual, the Vick thing was being talked about on the radio this morning. Vick was so sure that he'd get off scott free because of being "Michael Vick" that he didn't even hire a good lawyer until it was too late. Guilty or innocent, if you can afford it you get the absolute best defense in a case like this, more so if you are innocent. Now he's got to pay a guy a million dollars to watch him sign a plea deal so cut and dry that even a public defender could represent him well at this point. I'd say that Mike Vick is well aware now how serious the situation is.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 01:59:31 pm »

That's some irony for you.  Half of Atlanta is convinced he's going to jail because he's black - and Vick himself thought he could get off because he's Vick.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 06:38:45 pm »
If the CFL has a sack they'll give him the Ricky Williams treatment and say "no more NFL suspension players".

Football fans won't see disgraced NFL quarterback Michael Vick in the uniform of a CFL team anytime soon, if ever.

While CFL commissioner Mark Cohon declined to comment on the Vick situation, a league spokesman pointed out yesterday that a league rule, instituted last spring, does not allow a team to sign a player under suspension in another league.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/248678
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 06:56:26 pm »
NAACP: Michael Vick Should Return to the NFL

As a society, we should aid in his rehabilitation and welcome a new Michael Vick back into the community without a permanent loss of his career in football

I agree,

What's the big deal anyway?  In some countries people use dogs for food.

We shouldn't hold this aganst him.  We aren't just punishing him we're punishing all the people who would benifit from him playing.

Think of the other team members, the fans, and his family.

If not for them, think of me!!!

I have him on my keeper league fantasy football team.

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2007, 09:03:59 pm »

I have him on my keeper league fantasy football team.

How is your scoring set up so that asshammer could POSSIBLY be considered a keeper?  Who's your backup, Todd Marinovich?  ;)
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

Sir Auros

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2012, 12:13:00 pm
    • The Transformers Archive
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2007, 10:40:55 pm »
I'll be frank. If you support Michael Vick and think he's innocent, then you're a dumbass. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200, go straight to Tardville.

The guy is a waste of human biological material. I went to Tech while he (and then his brother) was there, I worked for the VT police department, and I know that the SOB got away with rape, drug-dealing, and pit-bull bodies were found frequently in an area near his apartment.

:soapbox:

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 09:36:46 am »

He was raping pit bulls?  That's hardcore.

Jouster

• <replace with your own witty comment>
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2023, 10:55:01 pm
  • Flap, Flap...Crash
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 11:39:10 am »
Maybe that part was left out of the Fed's case because he's Vick??

Jouster
There are 10 types of people out there...those that understand binary, and those that don't.