Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone order from SlikStik recently? Man they are slow Been over 3 months now.  (Read 5793 times)

deadsoulz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2023, 02:24:28 pm
I ordered from them back in February, and still no cabinet deleivered.  Granted they did send the control panel, but 3 months for something like a cabinet is rediculous.  Also they keep saying they will send me replacement trackball parts for my other cabinet I got from them over a year ago now, that has a faulty part.  And Still nothing.  Do not order from these guys if you want your product within a 3 month time frame.  1 month is reasonable to me, but 3 months is rediculous.

--DS

Justin Z

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:53:05 am
I was pleasantly surprised, I had ordered lighted balltop handles from them and got them in about a week and a half.  I had also ordered a replacement spinner interface cable and they sent me a whole spinner, so I really got a good deal out of it.  ;D

Now, when I ordered a CO2 from them about three years ago it did take a good 8-10 weeks to get it here.

destructor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2019, 03:10:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I was pleasantly surprised, I had ordered lighted balltop handles from them and got them in about a week and a half.  I had also ordered a replacement spinner interface cable and they sent me a whole spinner, so I really got a good deal out of it.  ;D

Now, when I ordered a CO2 from them about three years ago it did take a good 8-10 weeks to get it here.
You was born under lucky star.

Joystick Jerk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 08:18:08 pm
  • Slave to the stick.
They could be just behind schedule. They are one of the most visible cab vendors out there, so they could be swamped with orders. Have you tried to contact them about your order?

deadsoulz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2023, 02:24:28 pm
Yeah I have emailed them once a month, been over a month now, with the typical we are backordered, should be two weeks. Now they don't respond.

:(

Joystick Jerk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 08:18:08 pm
  • Slave to the stick.
Well now, that does sound like some poor service right there. Had you heard about all their poor service and turnaround times before you ordered from them?

tryp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2008, 03:30:01 am

I just recently ordered a cab kit from Slikstik on April 30.  Got a confirmation for my order that day but didn't recieve any tracking info so I emailed them on May 2.  That same day I recieved email from Eileen and Christian saying they had the cab kits in stock but no monitor brackets.  They could either send the kit and the brackets later or just wait and send all at once.  I asked them to send the cab first and the brackets when they became available.  I had a tracking number by May 4th and the cab was delivered the next week.  It came packed extremely well and in perfect condition.  It basically took me one night to put the whole thing together.
     I helped a friend put together a cab kit that he purchased from another company and I can honestly say in comparison, this cab kit is top notch from the quality of the parts, the inclusiveness of the kit, and their attention to detail.  I must say that I was hesitant about ordering from slikstik from reading all the negative comments on here but really wanted a kit covered in laminate rather than melamine plus I wanted an all in one solution rather than having to make several runs to home depot to get plexi cut for marquees and other parts that just don't come with other kits.  I can only speak with my experience with this company but so far, I have nothing but positive things to say about their customer service and their product.
    After having the cab setup, I emailed them again on May 16 to enquire about the monitor brackets.  Again, I recieved an email from Eileen the next day saying they expect to have the brackets in about a week and they will ship them as soon as they arrive.
     Most people aren't going to post to the message boards when they have an uneventful ordering experience from a company.  I just wanted to tell people on this board about my experience with Slikstik so they can decide for themselves whether they want to order from them.  I don't think anybody who has their product would argue with the quality.

Ciao,

SC

Skadar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2017, 02:20:01 pm
  • I love my new Corsair keyboard: RRRrrrrrr!!!!
    • Ooine.com
I ordered a SlikStik Classic from them a few years ago and it took a while to receive.  However, it was worth it.  The control panel is fantastic and has worked very well ever since I bought it.

However, recently my integrated HAPP trackball stopped moving veritcally.  I emailed SlikStik and they sent a replacement optical board free of charge.  It took about 5 minutes to install and now my trackball works perfectly!

I am very happy with SlikStik.

Moose13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2020, 10:07:11 pm
I ordered a Classic unit earlier this year with Donkey Kong/Pacman overlay. It did take a while, about 5 weeks total. But it was not totally his fault.
1st Scott (from Mamemarquee) told me that the overlay print was offcenter and teh unit went back an forth between them. Then the red trackball was on back order. Once I gave them the go ahead to put a blue ball in, they shipped it the next day. It arrived at my house the day after (NY).
I'm very pleased with their product and they answered my e-mails promptly. If you look at their site, custom orders (just about all of them) is a 5 week lead-time.

BTW, I ordered other things from Mamemarquees, a marquee and bezel, both were fantastic.

destructor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2019, 03:10:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I received Tornado Spinner after half year, next order I (joysticks, buttons) I received after about 3-4 months. No reply for my e-mails or posts on SlikStik forum. Good luck, I never more will buy from SlikStik. In whole world are better sellers than SS.