Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Yippie!!! My cabs coming together!!!!  (Read 3667 times)

MrBond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2012, 03:50:37 pm
  • ...The name's Do......Mr. Do!...
Yippie!!! My cabs coming together!!!!
« on: April 16, 2003, 11:38:29 pm »
Just got my marquee art (and control panel art) in the mail from mameroom.com, sandwiched it in between two plexi sheets, and put a light behind it.  WOW!  It's finally starting to look like my dream machine!  
The control panel is taking shape as well.  Plexi is cut to fit/all holes are drilled/routed.  All holes are drilled in the wood, 2 joysticks, 1 4-way/q-bert joystick (will be an e-stick) spinner, trackball, 6 butttons per player, 1/2 start, 1/2 coin, and 2 mouse buttons on the side.  Gotta love it.  

For my cab I traded a gutted Frogger (with monitor) for a 4-player WWF Wrestlefest, sans monitor (originally Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.)  My uncle is in the arcade business and he made the trade with me.  It came with the glass, 2 perfect coin mechs, bezel, marquee retainers, and the whole control panel with 3 ultimates, 1 super, 12 multicolored microswitch buttons, complete with Cherry switches, and he through in an Arkanoid spinner to boot!   The new cab is much better for Maming!  Bigger, better, and I don't have to kill a perfectly good classic cab.  Plus the Frogger actually was converted to Time Piolet '84, and had no Frogger PCB.  Original cost was like $75 a long time ago, but my dad actually bought it...I found 6 quarters in the WWF, so I made $1.50 getting my cab.

Also got an order from Ultimarc recently.  Ipac4 (for future endevers, I may build a 4P CP), Optipac, and t-stik.  However, I actually ordered an e-stik, so Andy's shipping out one for me!  What a great guy!  He is the best in the business, for qualitiy and kindness.

Still looking into cheapest place to buy light-blue T-molding.
Also, anyone willing to part with a trigger joystick?

Oh, just a note, about x-gaming buttons.  Anyone making a control panel with x-gaming buttons, you can use 3/4" wood with plexi, just flip the nut around.  I will be using my Cherry switches on the x-gaming buttons, as I prefer the feel/click sound (I know, kind of lame, but when you actually compare them side by side, Cherry switches sound better!)

Hum, guess that's about it for now.  Wish I had a digital camera and a webpage.  Oh well.

~Mrbond
...they only live twice!...
(>")>----MAME----<("<)

Dak-ak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2008, 05:14:50 pm
  • RSD: Redefining Slacking Daily
Re:Yippie!!! My cabs coming together!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 02:12:18 am »
sounds awesome... im converting a previously bastardized TMNT cab... cool stuff... (i found $6.65 in mine!)

kspiff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2016, 09:15:36 pm
  • Love of the game, baby.. love of the game..
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 04:37:26 am »
I found $0.02 wedged in places coins shouldn't go in my Pac-Land.. damn kids >:(
k-spiff

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 04:43:59 am »
Plus the Frogger actually was converted to Time Piolet '84, and had no Frogger PCB.  

Time Pilot '84 totally rocks out. I played that thing every day for 6 weeks in my Time Pilot cabinet (while I was waiting for a Time Pilot boardset to show up on RGVAC with the right price). a Frogger boardset should still plug right back into that cabinet, but you would have to change the joystick back to a 4-way.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

anthony691

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2016, 03:10:23 pm
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 04:20:04 pm »
Well, if we are going to brag about how much change we found in our cabs... when I got my Run and Gun 2 it came straight out of being in a hotel, the guy lost his coinbox; so he picked what he could off of the bottom. I got just over 10$
Visit my MAME lightgun site:
http://www.lightgun.tk

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 10:17:14 pm »
How do you like the maquee print? Does it look good between the glass?  wish we had pictures....  ;)

MrBond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2012, 03:50:37 pm
  • ...The name's Do......Mr. Do!...
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 11:35:45 pm »
How do you like the maquee print? Does it look good between the glass?  wish we had pictures....  ;)

Man I need a digital camera...know any good deals??!!

The mameroom.com printing is great for my purposes.  It is 300DPI, and they gave me a good price, $30 for my control panel and marquee and shipping.  Friendly service.  The paper is kind of run of the mill stock, but it is fine for me.  It looks AWESOME in the "plexi sandwich" with backlighting.  Oh, by the way, my plexiglass was FREE!  I went to home depot, asked them "how much is this Lexan..." "Oh that's $60"..."and how much for this large piece sitting against the wall?"..."That's scrap, have as much as you like"..."?!!??!"...<thinking in mind: sweeeeeet>
Not exactly Lexan, but it works at a nice price.

paigeoliver, I agree,, Time Piolet '84 was so COOL!!  Possibly my favorite game...I was hooked when my dad brought home that cab.  We moved and it broke  :'( :'(
I took it apart and found out it was a FROGGER!!!  Marquee, control panel, were there, just not side art or PCB.  My uncle sells arcade machines, pinballs, jukeboxes for a living, so I traded him for the TMNT...here's his page....http://retrogameroom.com/  wouldn't be surprised if he sells the Frogger there or Ebay

$10 bucks!  Nice find anthony691!

Cab News:
Got a 27" monitor off Ebay for $75 and skipped the $120 shipping fee by picking it up in Baltimore, MD (Italian guy with HUGE warehouse of A/V stuff).  Props go out to SNAAAKE for giving me the link to the Ebay auction.
...they only live twice!...
(>")>----MAME----<("<)