Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: XBOX 360 ARCADE STICK! (Thanks HarumaN!)  (Read 10144 times)

MameMaster!

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2020, 11:01:15 pm
  • Engage number one!
    • Mame Invaders!
XBOX 360 ARCADE STICK! (Thanks HarumaN!)
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:43:21 am »
Behold....my Xbox 360 100% arcade stick using an XArcade Solo shell and all Happ parts.

HarumaN did the EXPERT hack for me using an original new 360 USB controller. This was SUPER EASY as HarumaN really did all of the hard work as the soldering is the hardest part of hacking the 360 controller.

It works perfectly...and my only regret is that I forgot to close up the two extra holes on the face of the XArcade Solo shell....so I just put in two dummy black buttons.

I've assigned the Pinball "flipper" buttons on the Solo as back (the left button) and Xbox live dashboard for the right button.....I used those so I dont' accidently hit them during active play.

....my next project is going to focus back on my arcade with module 11......Tron Spinner !!!!!!

Enjoy the pics!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:51:28 am by MameMaster! »
Seriously. Will it fit in my basement or what?

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
Re: XBOX 360 ARCADE STICK! (Thanks HarumaN!)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 11:09:58 am »
Sweet! But I would put a better strain relief on that cord coming out - one hard accidental yank on that cable, and you'll be  :'(

MameMaster!

• Offline Offline
  • Engage number one!
    • Mame Invaders!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 11:26:52 am »
Sweet! But I would put a better strain relief on that cord coming out - one hard accidental yank on that cable, and you'll be  :'(

I put a screw down cord tie down inside.... ;D

NiteWalker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2022, 07:33:24 pm
  • Routers can do anything.
    • SimpleCase Custom Arcade Stick Enclosures
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 01:07:18 pm »
That's an awesome pad hack. My only criticism comes from the crappy x-arcade design. I would have closed the two bottom buttons like you mentioned and I also would have relocated the start button. Too close to the others.

How did you eliminate the gigantic "X" that they put on their sticks? Or do they sell the cases separately now?

It's 9am. I'm calling it a nite.

MameMaster!

• Offline Offline
  • Engage number one!
    • Mame Invaders!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 02:46:50 pm »
That's an awesome pad hack. My only criticism comes from the crappy x-arcade design. I would have closed the two bottom buttons like you mentioned and I also would have relocated the start button. Too close to the others.

How did you eliminate the gigantic "X" that they put on their sticks? Or do they sell the cases separately now?

I bought some black overlay........after I cut the holes I realized my error....but this stuff ain't cheap....so I just left 'em with the dummy buttons. Really no biggie.......but I didn't want to take it apart, fill the holes/sand then waste more of the overlay....it just isn't worth it.

I don't find the start button an issue at all........but everyone does play differently....

Donkey_Kong

• heh. I dont know what it stands for but I'm immature and thats hilarious.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:39:54 am
    • CNC Machines
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:35:11 am »
and now I don't see how you could own an X360 and not do this.

Nice work guys!
Carved Signs, Custom Gameroom Signs, and Arcade Game Decor and now CNC MACHINES by Melissa Jones