Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anybody here been to the [i]Startup[/i] Computer Museum in Albuquerque?  (Read 783 times)

bfauska

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
I am working this week updating some of the exhibits and fixing some erroneous info in the museum and it's my first trip down here.  It's a really neat part of the Museum of Natural History & Science here in Albuquerque.  I have never been to New Mexico before and apparently I brought some seattle weather, but it's not too bad.  The museum has some cool artifacts and information about how the personal computer was revolutionized back in the 70's and the events leading up to the current widespread use of PCs.  Paul Allen funded nearly all of it and it turned out very nice.  If you ever get a chance to see it you should.  I may try and take some pics before I leave so that I can share some of the most interesting stuff with anybody interested on here.

Also if anybody is in the Albuquerque area this week and wants to meet up for dinner or something that would be cool, we could chat about arcades or something.

Later,