Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards

<< < (484/485) > >>

iscariot:
I've come into possession of an arcade cabinet kit with a large VGA CRT.  The computer that drive it was ancient so I replaced it with a Windows 10 machine.  The problem is that the monitor will display for a few seconds before cutting off, as Windows 10 won't save the resolution settings for it.  Is can I use this or something else to switch the resolution back to my settings that with with the monitor?  Iirc there's something that can do it.  Windows just doesn't seem to want to keep the settings I put in.

retrometro:
What resolution are you trying to save too?  what kind of display are you using?

iscariot:
Not sure.  It just has a vha connector and a jamma connector for video

Zebidee:
This old thread isn't the place to sort out your issues, unless they specifically relate to Soft15khz - which is essentially "obsolete". You said you have a VGA monitor? If so you don't need 15khz anyway.

Suggest you make a new thread and provide more info like exactly what your monitor is, what adapters are being used, what GPU and desktop resolution you are using and what software (like video drivers and version of MAME etc). Also good to put up some pics.

retrometro:

--- Quote from: Zebidee on March 19, 2022, 11:53:10 pm ---This old thread isn't the place to sort out your issues, unless they specifically relate to Soft15khz - which is essentially "obsolete".

--- End quote ---

I've realized that in 2022 that I love my soft15khz running on my Windows XP x64 core2duo PC as a retro thing as much as the games runs in an old version of MAME.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version