Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards

<< < (3/485) > >>

SailorSat:
321 size resolutions have 320 active pixels, same goes for 401 size resolutions.

Hm...
NVidia Cards are limited to 31 resolutions, because of a ForceWare Bug, but others should not.
There should be no practical limit, however I did never add more than ~40 resolutions.

Anubis_au:
I just had a nice adventure with quickres and my work PC... ran it, it went to 320x200 fine, but when I went back to my normal res it was upside down... has this occured to anyone else?

Anyway, after a fun fifteen minutes fixing windows, I am back to normal and able to ask the question that has come to mind.

Namely, what is the advantage of using this software, or PowerStrip? What I mean is, say you install this software, and your PC has heaps of new video modes that it can run. My question is, can a MAME front-end switch video modes / reses as it launches a game, so that the menu is whatever res you set it, but games play at the proper resolution, or do you need to manually set the res for the screen via control panel BEFORE launching MAME / your front end (in which case, whats the point?)

SailorSat:
Any emulator (and Windows game) can switch the resolution itself.

I'm using ZSNES, ZiNC, WinUAE, Project64 and "Kega Fusion" on my Cab.
Also I'm running "Guilty Gear XX #Reload", and "World of Warcraft", although 800x600 is quite hard to read on 15KHz :)

*edit*
And off course I'm running MAME on it :)

*edit again*
I've attached a screenshot of WinUAEs options showing all available resolutions

wpcmame:
A request:

Can you add an option to exclude some of the "standard" resolutions?
(or allow me to edit the entries before sending them to the registry)

I use the following setup:
- My monitor is configured to display ~288/576 lines which means that 240/480 line modes will not fill the entire height. In mame I fill the borders on left/right with artwork so therefore I want the 240 modes to be "letterboxed" (e.g. 288x240 instead of 240x240) and also tweak the start slightly so they are centered on the monitor.
- I prefer double-sized interlace resolutions since I don't like visible scanlines (specially not in the artwork).

This means that I don't want to use many of the "standard" resolutions but still want to use your excellent tool.

Also, how can you do 800x600x50Hz in 15KHz? On my Hantarex POLO I have not been able to go higher than 47Hz.

SailorSat:

--- Quote from: wpcmame on May 09, 2007, 08:12:50 am ---Can you add an option to exclude some of the "standard" resolutions?
(or allow me to edit the entries before sending them to the registry)

<cut>

This means that I don't want to use many of the "standard" resolutions but still want to use your excellent tool.

--- End quote ---
Hm...
I'll see if I can add something like this.
Thinking about a "remove 321x240" line for custom15khz.txt.
Or shall I rather add an "Install Custom" Button so it only installs your custom resolutions?

--- Quote from: wpcmame on May 09, 2007, 08:12:50 am ---Also, how can you do 800x600x50Hz in 15KHz? On my Hantarex POLO I have not been able to go higher than 47Hz.

--- End quote ---
Hm...
Don't know, just did it and it worked :)

--- Code: ---modeline '800x600@50,546' 16,48 800 840 920 1040 600 602 605 627 interlace -hsync -vsync
--- End code ---

*EDIT*
Okay, Build 31 will have a "remove X,Y" feature for the customXXkhz.txt files.
A "Install custom" button may follow sometime later :)
I also updated QuickRes (again) to ask if the new resolution is good. If it is NOT just hit ESC and it switches back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version