Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards

(1/485) > >>

SailorSat:
Hi.
I just want to say that I'm releasing "Soft-15KHz" to the public.

It's a simple tool programming videocard drivers to support 15KHz AND arcade resolutions.

As on post, I support ATI Catalyst, NVidia ForceWare, Matrox PowerDesk and various 3Dfx Voodoo3/4/5 drivers.

If you're intrested in details take a look at
http://www.arcadeinfo.de/showthread.php?t=8170

ahofle:
Thanks for coming out with this!  Although I wish you had started working on this a bit earlier.
Has any tried it out yet?

SailorSat:
Well my cab runs with two radeon 9200se without problems, and I've tried about 20 different video cards, and only a hand full made any problems.

ahofle:
What about all the POST/bootup screens?  Aren't those in VGA (31khz) resolution?  Could that damage an arcade monitor?

SailorSat:
Yeah they are 31KHz, but to be honest, neither my Hantarex nor any of the TVs I had hooked up (those SCART RGB stuff rocks!) did blow up or take any damage.
They simply cannot sync to it.
You could either use a J-PAC to filter out the BIOS screens, or you could enjoy a doubled bios output (like that "feature" on the J-PAC).
A third, yet not that nice way would be to use a second (S3 Virge PCI or such) VGA Card for BIOS and OS loading screens, and then disable the S3 in Windows so your main Video Card takes over (in 15KHz).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version