Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My Second Jukebox Software: MultiJuke (1.11.4 Released: Touchscreen)  (Read 24133 times)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Hi anyone.

Here is the third generation of Arcade Music Box, now with a new name: MultiJuke.

What is MultiJuke?
MultiJuke is a simple, but effective fullscreen virtual Jukebox player for both your albums and singles collection(s) for your game room. It can been used with a touch screen (much better than Arcade Music Box) or with all form of arcade controls (later also with MSI remotes as well).

Why another Jukebox software?
This is a multiply database support, which can carry both albums, singles or just a simple folder list based (like Arcade Music Box). If you want to switch to a another collection, you can just go back to the frontpage and select an another one.

I'm was simply wanted to have one software for all my music, which was various around my Harddrive (like my own music in a separate folder with a another folder structure). Some was not even tagged.

Release Date?
In some few weeks ago (I'm sure somewere in may). Few features still missing and need work (even its homepage). I have to say the video and dualscreen support is gone, since blitzmax diddent support them very well. But I added many other cool things instead.

Price?
I may want to sell this as a cheap shareware product, and I may release the very first version as a freeware to test out without I have crippled it (maybe a little nagscreen at the bottom, but you would still control MultiJuke while it show, so no need to wait).

Features?
Since I do sent want to list the feature list, as some features is removed (videos and duascreen) from Arcade Music Box, and other features is added instead. Stay tuned, what I have added and changed.

A last, screenshots:

(yes, you can change colors in each libray, includning frontpage to show of that feature)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:56:04 am by Space Fractal »
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: Another new Jukebox software: MultiJuke (few days from a release)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:32:51 pm »
MultiJuke is on the final stage in the development, but since I'm still missing few features I have dedicated to release it as version 0.99.1, which would been the first version.

This version would have some features missing, because I'm not have added them all, but MultiJuke is still fullable Jukebox software, that work with all major planned features.

I have dedicated to release this version it with a beta nagscreen at the bottom of the screen, that stay in a while, but the navigation is not locked (so NO need to wait, either using touchscreen or controllers)

More info when I release it.

Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 08:35:06 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Arcade Music Box source back
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 08:49:03 pm »
I have for a week ago very surpricly got all my source for Arcade Music Box back, after I copied the garbaged file to a another harddrive. Not it only have garbage at the end after the source.

So after the work if MultiJuke release, I release the final version of Arcade Music Box with 2 reported bugs:
- Volume diddent change value using keys shortcut.
- Resoulution didden't change back when exit (A least to Mala).

Lucky day I got the source back for AMB :-)

NB. I wont add any new features to Arcade Music Box anymore, only bugs if they still exists. My primary work is MultiJuke.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
MultiJuke (Just Released !!)
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 02:01:12 pm »
MultiJuke version 0.99.1 is just released.

More Info:
http://www.mulijuke.com

ArcadeControls Wiki:
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/MultiJuke

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: Another new jukebox software: MultiJuke (Just Released !!)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 07:50:36 pm »
Installed it on XP Multi Media Edition.   The Icon on the desktop is just your standard pointer to multijuke.exe and does not show any special iicon for multijuke.   It does not start the program when clicked on.  Tried startmultijuke in the multijuke program list and it does not start the program.

Tried the program dir and clicked on startmultijuke and multijuke.exe.  No program luanch.

BobA

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 08:58:00 pm »
Oops, Fixed, and reuploaded.

The bug should only remain on desktop icon (which have pointed to a wrong icon file) and not in the start or groupmenu.

Just redownload and try again.

If it still crash, do clicking on multijuke.exe from Explorer does the same?
Does the windows shown and crash?
Do the window not shown and crash?

If the dosent show the windows and crash, it may been due to problem with init your soundcard and so, since it init that very start of the app. I create a another version exe which logging info.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:06:36 pm by Space Fractal »

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 10:04:30 pm »
Oops, Fixed, and reuploaded.

The bug should only remain on desktop icon (which have pointed to a wrong icon file) and not in the start or groupmenu.

Just redownload and try again.

Downloaded and reinsatlled

If it still crash, do clicking on multijuke.exe from Explorer does the same?

It does not crash it just does nothing.   Clicking on multijuke from explorer does the same.  An hourglass for a second and then
nothing.

Does the windows shown and crash? No windows shown.  Nothing runs

Do the window not shown and crash?  Yup no window  no program runs/

If the dosent show the windows and crash, it may been due to problem with init your soundcard and so, since it init that very start of the app. I create a another version exe which logging info.

Thanks

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 02:47:36 am »
Did it work now, since you just say thanks?

Otherwice The next version would create log files on the startup to check what it does and why it stop. By now there is no error things at the startup. Im looking on this later today.

Version 0.99.2 is released which use multijuke.log to log some things:
- What happens around sound init
- What happens around graphics init
- When a sound file could not been loaded.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:58:52 am by Space Fractal »

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 08:38:13 am »
No it did not run yet.  The thanks were for your effort in troubleshooting.

Will download later when logging version is available.

BobA

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 08:42:30 am »
It ready (I edited the above post).

It have few bug fixes.

So please add your multijuke.log

I have also changeed it  to use DirectX as default rather than OpenGL when using fullscreen (but it open in windowed mode as startup).

BobA

• Offline Offline
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 08:49:36 am »
Here is the multijuke.log

MultiJuke Sound Engine Starting...
Read Bass plugins
bassflac.dll loaded succesful (.flac.ogg)
bassmidi.dll loaded succesful (.midi.mid.rmi.kar)
bass_aac.dll loaded succesful (.aac.m4a.mp4)
bass_aach.dll loaded succesful (.aac)
bass_alac.dll loaded succesful (.m4a)
bass_ape.dll loaded succesful (.m4a)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 09:17:40 am »
This is a bug, which I have nothing to due with. It a bug in BASS.DLL while reading plugins (I have allready reported this bug to Un4seen forum). It only crash when bass.dll try to read about 6 or 7 plugin, so I limit it to 4 (but I did not have any check for that in the rutine, it just only contain 4 plugins).

To avoid this crash (fixed):
You can dig into data/plugins and simple remove plugins you dosen't use, so it only contain 4 plugins. It regaardless which one you chooise to remove.

To others (fixed):
I have uploaded a new setup 0.99.2 which do only contain 4 plugins, which now should avoid that crash. Because of that, do not install on a exists version.

[EDIT]
I guess auto garbage collector may have caused the problem with the bass.dll crash. I which to have you test this exe with all plugins installed: Link removed

[EDIT]
Yes it seen it works, so 0.99.3 is on my homepage now with an addition fix, since I forgot to add "How to move" help in the configscreen.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 01:21:00 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 07:53:03 pm »
I have released version 0.99.4 now with many fixes and some new features:
http://www.multijuke.com/forum/index.php/topic,52.0.html

I have dedicated to remove the nag screen in the next version, because I want to give away all versions until 1.00.X (freeware). You would able to use MultiJuke without paid anything.

The only feature missing is the updates, which I may giving to paid costumers only.

If I found any last minuttes bugs in 1.00.0, I may quick release one or 2 versions without need to paid (but I happy with donations of course). None of them would contain new features.

I have now opened forum again, and I would still support AMB now again (but Im still dosent have time to look on these 2 bugs in AMB remain).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 09:14:03 am by Space Fractal »

quarterback

• King Of The Night Time World!
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2023, 10:51:41 pm
Re: Another new jukebox software: MultiJuke (0.99.4 Released, no nag)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 11:02:20 pm »
I'm confused on how to use this.  I downloaded 0.99.4, went through the config screen using the arrow buttons, control key etc but I can't get out of the config screen.

The "how to move" page says that the tab key will show or hide config menu, but all it did was to cause a cycling-color square at the top left (what is that?) and then nothing, I'm still in the config menu.

Also, did it add my library?   I went to "music library" and hit 'ctrl', then down to "directory/folder path" and hit 'ctrl' and then selected my directory, but nothing seemed to happen.  Is there a 'save settings' or something like that that I'm missing?   Or a 'load library now' or something?  Or a basic setup faq?

Thanks
No crap, don't put your kids in a real fridge.
-- Chad Tower

quarterback

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 11:42:13 pm »
Okay, I think I've figured out the problem from my last post... so the colored square is multijuke working on the library, is that correct?    The whole thing locked up, but I restarted it, selected my directory of mp3s and tried again, this time when I hit 'tab', the colored square started going and after a while, I was good to go.

It takes a long time for me to see my album list.  The screen is blank for just long enough to make me think that the program is locked up... and then the eight albums appear. 

How can I select fewer albums per page?   Is there a way to only show 4 at a time.

So, what else... Well, it would really be nice to be able to use the mouse and the keyboard at the same time.  Right now I have it set to "touchscreen" so I can use my mouse to set things up, but the control is clumsy.   Alright, I just tried "trackball" and I guess that's a little easier.  Even though I can't click on anything, I can use both the keyboard and the mouse to do stuff.

Also, you have letters ("A Select" "B Parent" "D Show Queue" etc) and numbers next to the albums and songs.  These lead me to believe that I can type those letters and numbers to choose each of those.  You know press "A" for "Select", Press "D" to "Show Queue" etc  Is that an option?   I think I saw a keyboard mapping option in the menu, so maybe I can do that.   Having those letters there just lead me to believe that pressing that letter will do something.

Same thing with the numbers beside each song.  Is there a way that pressing "3" would select the song that has the "3" next to it?

Also, after selecting an album and then a song, how do I get back out to the album list?  I'm stuck looking at just that album when I'm in trackball mode.  I don't know how to get out of it.  Right now my solution is to hit the "tab" button, bringing up the config and then closing the config to get back to the main playlist option.   

I'm given the option of "C More" and "D Show Queue" at the top of the menu, but when I'm using just the keyboard as a controller, I don't know how to get to those options.   Using the arrows never takes me up there.  I can select "A Select" by hitting "ctrl" and I can select "B Parent" by hitting "Alt" but I don't know how to get to "C" or "D".   Same thing with "trackball" mode.  With "touchscreen" I can use my mouse to select any of those...
hey, plus there seems to be a "find" option with the touchscreen, but not when using the keyboard? 

Finally, how do I quit the program?  When I'm in fullscreen mode, there doesn't seem to be any way to get out of it.

Whew, I guess all/most of my issues have to do with the controls.  I'm clearly not used to them and don't quite understand how to control the program.

EDIT: Sometimes when I hit "tab" to get out of the config menu, the whole program immediately closes.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:49:40 pm by quarterback »
-- Chad Tower

quarterback

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 12:14:23 am »
Okay, the "remap" page in the configuration menu answers some of my questions.  It makes it clear there are a lot of keystroke options that aren't even necessarily shown on screen.  It also answers my questions about getting to use all four buttons at the top of the screen and how to exit the program.

Beyond that, I'm still occasionally having problems with it crashing/closing when it shouldn't be.   Most recently, I was adding my entire library of songs.  The colored block changed colors for a while, eventually stopped on one color and then, after a couple minutes, multijuke just closed itself.

Besides those things, the only 'request' I would make would be to change "B Parent" to say something else.  Like "albums" or "artists" or "playlists" depending on which screen you're in.  I find "Parent" to be non-descriptive as to where it's taking me and found myself looking for the "back" button or one that would take me bac to the "albums" listing again.

Despite all of my confusion and the closing/crashing issues, it looks like a cool program.
-- Chad Tower

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 05:30:35 am »
- The cycle square just tell, it workring on the library (your right). It does not change while sorting.

- Library does autosave when you have added a library, when you hide the config or quit. This because you may need to change library settings as well.

- By now there are only no options to select a even fewer albums. But I look on that (discarded, see next post).

- Controls in config with Touchscreen can ben a bit clumsy, so yes it better with keyboard and buttons here. But it work very well when done, since you dosent see this config screens in normal use.

- About the letters, I look on that. Sooner or later I may change these letters into icons.

- C and D is SHIFT and SPACE (and these can been remapped). These are button 3 and 4 in standard default in MAME. As you found, you find about that in remap screen.

- As you found parent is back. But I should use "home", when you are on the frontscreen on a library (done in next release).

- Quit is done as mame: Escape. Later I add some Quit thing to the toolbar.

- Show Albums/Show Artists instead of "Parent" look like a very good idea (in Albums, Singles). You are completly right here (done in next release).

Crash Issue:
- How many albums did you use?

I need to create more Log info, before I can teel what happens. I guess it about sorting, where the top-left square dosen't change while doing that (if I change the colered square here, it would just hang).

I get back to you later today, when I create a beta exe with log info (multijuke.log)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 07:39:05 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 05:55:46 am »
http://www.multijuke.com/Temp/multijuke.zip

All I added is log info while creating albums and singles (but not Explorer yet). You can pm me the log file.

Note, I just found a important bug:
- Library Name in config didden't work, unless you restart MultiJuke and try again. This bug is fixed in the next release.

[EDIT]
Forgot another request of your:

- 4 albums view would not have a sence in MultiJuke, since I dosen't use a songlist. If a add a songlist in album screen, the text would been to small and wont been usable on a tv or touchscreens.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 07:34:39 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: Another new jukebox software: MultiJuke (0.99.5 Released, genre)
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 09:06:27 pm »
Hi Anyone.

I hope this release crashes less, since these type of bugs is most important to get them fixed (hince it not even reach version 1.0 yet).

At least I got Genre filter work on albums (but not in singles), you should can now use a very large album Library, without fiffling with genre in each library manually (or use Explorer View).

You may need refreshing to get it to work (just change ID3 in library settings from off to on or the otherway to invoke that, since it still missing manual refresh.

Here is the link for the other news:
http://www.multijuke.com/forum/index.php/topic,55.msg132.html#msg132

_____

[EDIT]
I have released a quick fixs, where sorting could been wrong in singles, and genre filter now work on that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:01:44 am by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Im still working in my own software, and it still under version 1.00 and is freeware until then.

I have now added queue random and history (newer added in arcade music box) feature.

I do not have any plans to do online things yet, but adding some other features instead. I still want feedback on any problems and bugs, since there are 2 versions left in 0.99.* serie.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
2 new releases since 0.99.7 (still all features can been accessed without any restrictions), so I piped op my thread about MultiJuke:

news in version 0.99.8 - The major feature was password protect admin controls (it does got some quick fixes release as well).

news in version 0.99.9 - The major feature is multiply server/client support (still in beta).

EDIT:
Realeased a quick fix (0.99.9u2) release which fix some speed issues. Should now have a very stable and quick 30fps framerate on Vista (but may accour on other Windows system as well). Controls respons even better now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:10:56 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: Another new jukebox software: MultiJuke (1.00 Released, LINUX)
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 12:19:42 pm »
I have now finally ported MultiJuke to Linux and is now in Beta (few features removed by now and can been added later).

news in version 0.99.10 (last 0.XX version)
news in version 1.00 (Linux)

More info at this thread (please feedback about Linux version into that tread, not here):
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=70484.0

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 03:35:51 pm »
V1.2 released with named "Sk-Jukebox", due to the similar keypad controls of the new "Jukebox" GUI (but "Arcade" GUI is still remained).

More info and work in progess screenshots at:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=71886.0

and Release Notes:
http://www.multijuke.com/forum/index.php?topic=77.0

pmc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 07:43:02 am
    • website
Re: My Another jukebox software: MultiJuke (1.02 Released, "SkJukebox" ctrl)
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 01:23:38 am »
I just tried it. It's got the look I'm interested in -- similar to SKJukebox.  I can't use SKJukebox because it chokes on my ID3 tags. I've never been able to figure out why or been able to fix it.

But I can't get MJ to load my 13,000+ MP3 files. The library directory gets scanned (very rapidly), but nothing shows up in the software. Here's what the log says:

Album.Create(nowplaying)
Clear List
Directory Scan Started: H:\mp3\nowplaying
Codebase used: Latin
Directory Scan Ended
Find All Files
Directory Scan Started: H:\mp3\nowplaying
Codebase used: Latin

If I press F5, a scan starts, but then the software exits.

The directories are organized by artist with sub-folders for each album. I normally browse and play by folder (album).

I created a library for a single artist. The library appears to scan properly but does not display.

I created a library for a single album. It appears to both scan and display properly.

I'd love to get this working. I really like the look of the software.

-pmc

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 02:50:03 pm
  • I'll always be a kid...
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 09:07:01 am »
V1.2 released with named "Sk-Jukebox", due to the similar keypad controls of the new "Jukebox" GUI (but "Arcade" GUI is still remained).

Hello Space Fractal,
is your software available for download on your website www.multijuke.com in the download section?

Is version with skjukebox alike controls is MultiJuke 1.02.3 Setup (Windows) (1.70 MB)?

Thanks
Jay  :cheers:

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 06:43:42 pm »
pmc:
I known there are some bugs lefts I need to look on about ID3 tagging (another user reported it as well). I look on it soon and I might need to recode it. So it might take some time to fix that one. Sorry.

In meantime, I recommered this:
http://id3-tagit.pluemper.name/

and rename your files based on your id3 tags, and use File Mask in MultiJuke. This is a MUCH faster to scan your files as well, since it dosent need to read id3 tags which can been slow. You might even need to split it into few librarys as well.

superbigjay:
Yep, I have just set GUI in config to "Arcade GUI" as default, which is of course changeable to "Jukebox GUI". Version 1.02.3 have fixed various bugs in that gui since 1.02 (and added full RANDOM mode like Sk Jukebox, playlists is still missing).

Please note: reading ID3 tags might crash too and you might need to use samme work around as above. I need to look into this issue. This can also fix the Sk-Jukebox problem as well (since the software can rename files based on id3 tags). So I might remove this feature until it got fixed.

[EDIT]
I have by now disabled ID3 tag (reuploaded 1.2.3) support completly due to some crash problems by various users, until I got it fixed. Sorry about it. I hopefully get it back soon.

File Mask should work 100% and is much faster too, so use a app to make a file mask structor by a id3 tagger software like above.

[/EDIT]

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:57:41 pm by Space Fractal »

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 01:44:42 am »
Hello Spacefractal.

I've downloaded your multijuke and it seems terrific.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble to set it up...

Is there some howto available explaining how to set it up...

I'm able to navigate in the different options/screen of the software,
but I'm having trouble to setup the librairies...

Sorry, if this a really "basic" question  :dizzy:

Jay :cheers:

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 03:19:22 am »
Since I need to disable id3 tagging by now, you need some sort of file structor, before it works, like this:

for albums like this: D:\music\mp3\ARTISTS\ALBUMS\TRACKNR - TITLE.mp3

For singles like this: D:\music\mp3\ARTISTS\TRACKNR - TITLE.mp3

If you use a another file mask, you can define it on library setup, so the above is not 100% required to use. If you dosent have the setup like above, you need to use a id3 tag application to rename your files to get a file mask like above (until I finally got id3 tags to work).

Here I asume you use D:\music\mp3 as path.

If you cant change the dir, is because you have use that function, so you might need to delete the library and restart MultiJuke.

When you have above structor, you can use FILE MASK (below disabled id3 tags) and tell MultiJuke how you have setup your library (using arrow keys and select as it tell about it on help screen). When you hide config (TAB), it should now automatic scan the library and use it.

Otherwice it best to add a support thread on my forum (www.multijuke.com/forum), if you have any trouble.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:20:56 am by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 08:07:22 am »
I guess id3 crashes was due when MultiJuke was found a mp3 file with no valid tags. Now it write a warning about it in the log file when it detect such a file and now just remove it. I reenable id3 tags again in the next version....

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 11:38:19 am »
for albums like this: D:\music\mp3\ARTISTS\ALBUMS\TRACKNR - TITLE.mp3
For singles like this: D:\music\mp3\ARTISTS\TRACKNR - TITLE.mp3
Otherwice it best to add a support thread on my forum (www.multijuke.com/forum), if you have any trouble.
Thanks SF,
I'll give it a try tonight if I have time.
The file structure is already set (album).

Maybe, I just needed to exit/restart the program...

Anyhow, as you suggested, I'll switch to the support forum if I have further questions.

Jay  :cheers:

pmc

• Offline Offline
    • website
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 11:47:19 am »
File Mask should work 100% and is much faster too, so use a app to make a file mask structor by a id3 tagger software like above.

OK. I disabled id3 tags am using the default filename mask. I still exit right after the scan starts. Do all of my files have to conform to the same filename format standard? I don't want to rename all of my files (it would screw up PAR, MD5, and M3U files). I'd rather the software just loaded any MP3 it found regardless of filename.

OK, I'll take this issue there.

-pmc

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 12:05:44 pm »
Im are curretly looking on the id3 issue(s) and seen it much better (and faster) now. I guess I update the version afternoon or tommorow where I enable it again and hopefully not crashes anymore (yes it even did it with some files here).

And yes, you are correct at filename format should been the same, but many jukebox software (even Itunes) works that way.

[EDIT]
Id3 crashes should been fixed now and is back in 1.02.4 (released).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:45:19 pm by Space Fractal »

pmc

• Offline Offline
    • website
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 11:25:42 am »
FWIW, disabled ID3 + "album" formated masks got me the same result (program exits at beginning of scan). I'll take the issue to your forum.

-pmc

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 01:34:28 pm »
look like it might be a unicode or a coverart problem (blitzmax dosent support them at file level), if it crash  directly from the start? Fixed so they does not crash, if it stop over a unicode or no arts is found. I send it to you, when you create your support thread.

Please send my your multijuke.log on my forum, I can see you just registred....
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:46:38 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: My Another jukebox software: MultiJuke (1.05 Released, "Radio")
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 04:30:14 pm »
Released 1.05 with radio support. Might work pretty much DWJukebox, even I diddent really looked into that feature, but I hope it ok, Chris?

Otherwice Linux and Windows versions do now share same feature except very few things and got these missing Linux features to work in 1.05:
- ID3, Ogg tags with unicode
- Shutdown (need little bit of terminal work first).

Few known unicode issues:
- [liNUX] FileMask with unicode does NOT work, but it should scan and play files from them file, but just show them wrong. Use Unicode tags instead.
- [WINDOWS 98]: Unicode at filelevel is not supported.
- [BOTH]: ID3 Big Endian unicode is not supported, but is normally not used. When I have such a file to test, I look into this issue.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 04:35:48 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
My Another jukebox software: MultiJuke (1.07 Released, "JPS")
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 11:41:48 am »
MultiJuke with JukePlugSys.com support is released  :D.

Couple of others features and bugs is fixed since version 1.05. Look for Releases under MultiJuke forum.

Please Note:
MultiJuke define its PLUGIN_EVENT keys and features in both in its INIT and just before CONFIG. Make sure it only defined once in your plugin.

There is also no linux builds since 1.6.3 (which is the lastest Linux build) is the same as 1.7 except the plugin support.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:43:26 am by Space Fractal »

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
Re: My Another jukebox software: MultiJuke (1.07 Released, "JPS")
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 04:26:14 pm »
MultiJuke with JukePlugSys.com support is released  :D.

:applaud:

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2020, 12:00:21 pm
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 08:51:12 am »
I cannot use this for some reason.

It crashes a lot. Sometimes when turing the radio option to "on" in the album setup, and ALWAYS when hitting tab to remove the setup console. I spent about 20 minutes pixel hunting the screen for some kind of "Save" or "Start Jukebox" option. Nothing. Just "Press Tab to Remove Console" or whatever. And every damn time, after going through all that setup, the thing crashes without warning.

All setup lost.

Very frustrating as this looks like the only setup capable of being run on arcade controls w/o trackball or touchscreen.

Is this something I'm doing or is the program just very buggy right now?

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 10:35:59 am »
I got why it crashed, so I fix that in next version:
Do NOT turn the radio setting on, before you have created your librarys. The library is created when you hide the config console by TAB. Once the songs is created, you can turn the radio on without problem.

That crash bug is now fixed in v1.08: http://www.multijuke.com/forum/index.php?topic=93.0

Thanks for your report.

There is no Save or Start Jukebox options.

You can just put a Multijuke shortcut in yur startup folder if you want to start up automatic. Otherwice if you use a Frontend to start MultiJuke, you can do that too. That why I diddent have that option.

In v1.08 MultiJuke also now save config when you hide the config. So you should now no longer miss your setup again. Otherwice let me know.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:22:12 am by Space Fractal »

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2020, 12:00:21 pm
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2008, 02:27:34 pm »
Wow, thank you for the prompt response.

It still crashes, however. After setting up a library, any library (directory, description, title, etc.), nothing happens. I press tab and get a quick glimpse of a "Please Wait" screen then a crash.