Arcade Collecting > Restorations & repair

Street Fighter 2 Resto!

(1/11) > >>

MK3FAN:
He all, this is my first restoration attempt.

I went out to Kansas City a couple weeks ago to pick up my new Star Wars Trilogy arcade machine and the guy had a whole warehouse of stuff he got from a Dave & Busters that went out of business. I saw this cab and he gave it to me for only $100. As you can see from the pics, it's in pretty bad shape, but how could I say no? Anyway, just got it all apart and there is no pcb, monitor chassis, or side art and the controls are abhorred. I will spend most of my free time working on it and I'll try to keep the thread updated. Thanks for looking!

bfauska:
I just picked up an empty Dynamo HS-5 a while back, mine didn't have the monitor or bezel and I can't quite tell how they would have been mounted originally, could you take a pic of how the bezel is held in?  I think I can tell how I would do it, but I don't know how they did it originally.  Good luck with your project, some parts of that cabinet look like they will need a lot of work, but mostly it shouldn't be too bad.

Also I am trying to get some good measurements of my cabinet to do a drawing to share with the community, I would like to have some measurements from another cab to compare to.  If you get a chance or are taking measurements anyway could you share some info so I can compare and make a more complete drawing?  I am not planning on removing as many panels as you see to have removed so you may be able to get some dimensions that would be difficult for me to get. 

MK3FAN:

--- Quote from: bfauska on April 21, 2007, 03:04:28 pm ---I just picked up an empty Dynamo HS-5 a while back, mine didn't have the monitor or bezel and I can't quite tell how they would have been mounted originally, could you take a pic of how the bezel is held in?  I think I can tell how I would do it, but I don't know how they did it originally.  Good luck with your project, some parts of that cabinet look like they will need a lot of work, but mostly it shouldn't be too bad.

Also I am trying to get some good measurements of my cabinet to do a drawing to share with the community, I would like to have some measurements from another cab to compare to.  If you get a chance or are taking measurements anyway could you share some info so I can compare and make a more complete drawing?  I am not planning on removing as many panels as you see to have removed so you may be able to get some dimensions that would be difficult for me to get. 

--- End quote ---

No problem. May be tomorrow before I can get to it because I am pretty busy today. I actually got lucky because the monitor is in pretty good shape, just needs a chassis. No visible screen burn. I'll take some measurements for you as soon as I can. (I noticed your avatar..."Donny, you are out of you element!)

bfauska:
Thanks, no rush on the measurements, I am kind of dragging my feet on the project any way. 

"Shut the  :censored: up Donny"

MaximRecoil:

--- Quote from: bfauska on April 21, 2007, 03:04:28 pm ---I just picked up an empty Dynamo HS-5 a while back, mine didn't have the monitor or bezel and I can't quite tell how they would have been mounted originally, could you take a pic of how the bezel is held in?  I think I can tell how I would do it, but I don't know how they did it originally.  Good luck with your project, some parts of that cabinet look like they will need a lot of work, but mostly it shouldn't be too bad.

--- End quote ---

There is a piece of 1/2" thick MDF with a rectangle cut out of the center. When you slide it up in, there is a channel in the cabinet that supports it up top, and it rests on a small ledge on the bottom. This is what supports the bezel, and then the plexi goes over that, and when you close and latch the CP down, it locks everything in place. The rest of the measurements from the pieces on my machines wouldn't be of much use to you though, because my Dynamo's are HS-1's (19" monitor). The piece from an HS-5 will be larger and have a larger rectangular cut-out in the center.

Here is a crappy webcam picture just to give you an idea in the meantime:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version