Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: anyone tried this?  (Read 5927 times)

Trebeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 11:01:21 am
  • "The Arcade" - Build #4
anyone tried this?
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:46:19 pm »
Hi all

Just a note before my question, I'd like to thank the Salmon King for a fantastic app.  This is going to make my parties less annoying for me!  I love winamp but other non geeks can't deal with it.  ::)

Of course when using SK you need a number pad which is in keeping with the jukebox theme.  I have a slide out try with a keyboard but it's well hidden and it can be hard to see they keys when it's dark.  So I was wondering if anyone has placed a "gamer" style keypad in their control top?  Are there real jukebox control panels you can buy somewhere that you can splice into the PC or anything like this?

Anyone taken this on?

Beck

www.trebeck.ca

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: anyone tried this?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 11:46:51 am »
Here is a combination of products that might work for you.   The keypad is USB and has 2 USB ports so you can plug the lamp right into the keypad.  You can also get smaller klip on USB lights or fabricate one yourself with a usb cable, Super Brite LED and resistor

Trebeck

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 11:01:21 am
  • "The Arcade" - Build #4
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:13:57 pm »
BobA - Sorry for the late reply but thanks for the post!  You have just changed my control top plans.  ;)
Gonna see if I can make this work.

Thanks
Beck

www.trebeck.ca

Marky_1979

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2017, 11:07:07 am
    • Personal Webspace
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 07:14:14 pm »
Not sure if this is possible but saw this at Happs check out the link