Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wiring to I-Pac Queston  (Read 909 times)

austinrfnd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2004, 06:13:42 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
Wiring to I-Pac Queston
« on: April 13, 2003, 05:46:53 pm »
Again newbie Austin has come to request of the wisdom of the wise and noble elders of this realm....

I was wondering if I should wire my buttons and joysticks on my controlpanel to the I-Pac a certain way?  Is there a preferred way to wire them?  What I am trying to get to is that if I wire my buttons to certain keys in the I-Pac do will it be supported by Mame?  

The reason i ask was i was messing with mame the other
night, and it had key configurations something like Normal, hotrod, slik stick, and x-arcade.  But I really didn't see a custom configuration in there, so i deducted that I had to wire a certain way to meet one of these 5 configurations in mame ???

I am so confused, and I don't want to continue with, I think to be the most important part of the project.  

-Austin

OSCAR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
Re:Wiring to I-Pac Queston
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 05:54:50 pm »
The I-PAC is preprogrammed to the default MAME key assignments.  Wherever your Player 1/Button 1 is, just connect that NO terminal on the microswitch to the I-PAC's  "1 BTN 1" screw terminal.

The custom configurations you mentioned you saw in MAME are to reassign certain keys for certain games, in some cases.  That should have no bearing on how you wire your buttons.

Scott84

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 08:24:59 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 06:17:38 pm »
The best way to configure it is

You would want to do that so the games that only need the first 3 buttons would be the bottom ones..... Makes it easier to play IMO
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man
affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in
darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to
repetitive music." -- Marcus Brigstocke

DinoRoger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2005, 02:00:37 am
  • Hey, can I borrow a quarter?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 12:53:40 am »
Hey austinfnd, off topic but are you in Austin, TX?  I am, and am looking from other MAME fans nearby to share ideas/projects with.