Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dealing with the word "the" before an artist name?  (Read 2668 times)

buzzojoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2011, 08:52:59 am
Dealing with the word "the" before an artist name?
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:53:15 am »
This has probably already been addressed, but I couldn't find it doing a search.
Is there any way for WinCab to ignore the word "the" in an artist's name?
I have a BUNCH of bands that have "the" in front of their name, and I really want them to come up alphabetically without all being listed in the "T" section because of the "the" in their name.
Any way to do this?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Dealing with the word "the" before an artist name?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 11:55:08 am »
It should already do this.  "The Beatles" sorts as B, not T.  Is it not working for you?
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

buzzojoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2011, 08:52:59 am
Re: Dealing with the word "the" before an artist name?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:12:48 pm »
Hi Chris!
After review some of them do and some of them don't.
I'm going to look more closely at how my files are named. Like most people, I got my files in chunks from various sources and some of them might be named like "Beatles, The".
I'll let you know.
Great Program!
The only problem is that I have about 100,000 songs (literally), and it's hard to get it down to a realistic amount to use with WinCab. I think that I'm going to group them into various folders depending on who will be using the juke at different times and then just drag the different folders in and out as desired. I don't think that I'll need 40's Big Band stuff for my 10 year old daughter's parties.
I'm running WinCab on a "hidden" laptop hooked to a wall mounted 20 inch touchscreen.
I own about 20 "real" jukeboxes, but it's hard to beat programs like Wincab from an entertaining standpoint, no matter how much I love the old vinyl...