Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Escape button?  (Read 2803 times)

Huskerfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2021, 11:40:38 pm
Escape button?
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:33:14 pm »
I'm using Wincab on a stand up homemade arcade machine and I have 3 "mouse" buttons across the top.  One is the left click and one is the right click.  I would like to program the middle button to be "escape" so when I hit the middle button it closes out the program.  There's got to be an .ini file or something that would enable me to do this???  Is there a way I can accomplish this?

Edit:  This mouse button is labeled "mouse 1" on my IPAC configuration.  I believe the "mouse 0" is the left click and "mouse 2" is the right click.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:10:49 pm by Huskerfan »

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: Escape button?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:36 pm »
Look at Wincab's "control.ini" .... remap your "mouse 1" to any keyboard key you want on your IPAC and then map the escape funtion in the control.ini to that button.

Also make sure that the "system shutdown on exit" (or something like that) is not enabled (FALSE) in the jukebox.ini otherwise you will shutdown the entire pc when you escape.

Hope that helps...been awhile since I've played with it.
Chris may offer some better advice as well.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Huskerfan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 08:55:25 pm »
Thanks!  I'll give it a whirl.

Huskerfan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 10:29:16 pm »
Look at Wincab's "control.ini" .... remap your "mouse 1" to any keyboard key you want on your IPAC and then map the escape funtion in the control.ini to that button.

Also make sure that the "system shutdown on exit" (or something like that) is not enabled (FALSE) in the jukebox.ini otherwise you will shutdown the entire pc when you escape.

Hope that helps...been awhile since I've played with it.
Chris may offer some better advice as well.

I think I'm missing something.  Your theory sounded good but when I go into control.ini the ESC button is mapped to Shutdown so I first tried adding another line that said ESC = mouse1 but that didn't work.  So I took that out and tried changing the ESC = shutdown to ESC = mouse1 and that didn't work.  Gosh there's got to be some real easy answer that I'm not thinking about???

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:00:01 am »
Try this then......

Leave the jukebox control.ini as ESC=Shutdown

Then remap your mouse1 button on the IPAC to the ESC button on the keyboard by using the IPAC software.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Chris

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:30:59 am »
Mouse buttons cannot be remapped; they always act as UI_SELECT.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com