Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS: New button vinyl now available.  (Read 114409 times)

Pongo

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2015, 10:19:54 am
FS: New button vinyl now available.
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:46:04 pm »
Update 1-27-13 End of the road. I knew this would probably happen eventually, and today appears to be the day. My vinyl cutter has been struggling lately, and I think I finally need to throw in the towel. The last few sets have been very troublesome to complete, so there will be no further orders.

I do have a number of set #5 that are already cut,... I will go through those and sell those through another post, but when they are gone, that's it.

I would like to thank everyone for the support through the years. You guys have been great. I wish I could keep going, but the equipment just can't keep up anymore. I'll gladly post up the vector files if someone else has access to a cutter.

Thanks all!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 3-22-12: Yes, I'm still going here, but I need to make a few changes. Set #5 will remain unchanged, and the price will stay at $12 for a set. Custom orders are where things are going to change. As of April 1st, I'm going to take a break from doing any custom orders.  Unfortunately, they have been just eating up way too much time.

If you REALLY need a custom order, I'll still make custom sets, but I want to be clear upfront that it may take a while. Feel free to send me messages, reminders,... anything. to keep yourself bumped to the top. (It's ok,I don't mind... If I'm not responding it's because I'm overwhelmed at the moment, and when that happens I tend to grab the most recent ones first when I do get a chance.) Custom orders have a minimum price now of $15 to reflect the extra time required. I will make exceptions for very simple sets, like multiple p1-p4 icons.

Finally, If anyone has another source for this type of thing, please feel free to post it in this thread. Since I'm not keeping up properly, I'd like to know if there is another way for you guys to get these.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new set is here! Sorry it has taken so long, and I hope you guys enjoy the new options. The new main set is now set #5. The older sets are going to be retired since they have been integrated into the new set, or can be done with a custom order.

Set #5 will be priced at $12. Two sets will sell for $20.

If set #5 doesn't have what you need, take a look at the "price" image, and you will see a menu that you can choose parts from. The number is a dollar amount, and the letter identifies each group. The only thing I ask is that custom orders meet a minimum of $15. That simply helps cover costs and time to make these.

See the pics to see the sets.

These are done in white, but other colors are available on request. See the color sample image to see what I have available. Other colors are possible, but will cost more since I will need to purchase them. Keep in mind these color chips are approximate colors only, since they will vary from screen to screen. The fluorescent colors in particular are very different from the samples, since monitors cannot display those colors.

I can also do custom work either based on vector art or type, or completely custom artwork. PM me for details and a quote. I'm also willing to trade if you've got something that interests me.

Please send me a PM to place an order,... Paypal is preferred, but I can work something else out if needed.

I try to follow up with everyone within 24 hours, so if you do not get a response please resend.

Thanks.

IMPORTANT INFO FOR ORDERING:
A few things will GREATLY help me out.

1. Please put your user name or something unique in the subject along with vinyl. When I have about 50 emails all with the subject "RE: vinyl" it is very difficult to follow.

2. Don't assume I know anything about previous emails, so please quote previous messages as much as possible. That way I don't have to go back and forth finding the old message to figure things out.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:29:53 am by HaRuMaN »

Pongo

• Offline Offline
And here are the colors available. Keep in mind that these are not exact matches,... especially number 5 and 13-15. (see image)

Here is a quick tutorial on how you can apply the joystick decals without removing the joystick, and also ensure that everything is lined up properly.

1. shows the decal next to a joystick
2. cut the decal into 2 parts (without cutting through any of the vinyl) Cut out the center circle and discard.
3. now align the 2 parts together. When things are straight, place a piece of tape to lock down the position.
4. now the tape can be used as a hinge,... you can lift the decal, remove the backing, and allow the decal to rest into the final position.
5. make sure you rub the decal down good and get rid of any air bubbles
6. finally, remove the transfer tape and tape hinges,... done!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:13:38 pm by Pongo »

BLah247

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2014, 08:01:53 am
Neon green is more the Galaxia green and not so much the Happs green correct?

Pongo

• Offline Offline
The neon green is really bright and probably not what you are looking for. It is very bright green.

I do have a few colors that I did not list, since I only have very small pieces of them. I wil go through them tonight to see if there is a green that might work for you.

I will be processing the first batch of requests late tonight, so if you have sent me an email you should hear from me then. Usually I don't get much free time until after the kids go to bed around 9:00. (Minnesota, central time zone)

EDIT: I have 2 additional colors of green. I only have enough of each to do one set, so I did not list them in my available colors. One is a basic medium green, and the other is a dark green. I don't know what color green the Happs buttons are, but one of these should provide a closer match.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:51:15 am by Pongo »

BLah247

• Offline Offline

Does that help any?

I'll shoot you a pm.

Faerl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2007, 05:14:14 pm
FYI. Received mine today and they look great. Highly recommended. Haven't put them on the cabinet yet (waiting on some controls to come in) but soon. :)
-Faerl

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Glad to hear you like them.

Hopefully everyone else should get their orders soon. Everything that has been ordered has been sent out now.

Thanks for the business, and if you like them please let others know. I will also do custom work to your own specifications, so if anyone is interested they can send me a PM for a price quote.

Thanks again.

PileDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2022, 05:42:31 pm
  • I want to built my own arcade!
Received mine this week also. They look great.
Can't wait to give them a try.
Thanks! :cheers:

BLah247

• Offline Offline
I got mine about 2 weeks ago.  Put them on in about 5 mins and they look fantastic.  I need to take some pictures and post them but I've been lazy.

This post should be stickied.

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the comments... I'm glad everyone seems to be happy with their decals.

I'm looking into expanding into a few more sets depending on interest. First up will be Joystick arrows 4/8 way and some button rings. These will be donut shaped vinyl that will go over the button holes and leave a nice outline around the outside of your buttons.

Thanks.

jasonbar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2023, 02:52:55 am
  • Dr. Inferno
    • The Infernolab
Howdy-

When you say the joystick 4-way/8-way arrows, are you referring to the arrows themselves or the "instructions" for the joysticks that you can switch from 8-way to 4-way by pulling & twisting?

If the former, then in the near future I'll either be ordering some or asking for you whip up some for my switchable sticks.  :]

Thanks,
-Jason

BLah247

• Offline Offline
Here's a picture of mine.  Pictures not so great but the decals are...

You can view a bigger picture going off my page in the sig.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:06:32 pm
Hmmm... this is tempting.  I had an order in to MikeDeuce about 2 months ago but he hasn't been around.  If he doesn't respond by the time I'm done with my cabinet (which should be within the next 4-6 weeks) I'll definitely place an order here.  Between colors 12 and 15 which do you think would match the buttons/balltop on my joystick the closest - I will be applying them to the black buttons shown in the pic:

Thanks!!

Pongo

• Offline Offline
I think #12 would be the closest choice based on the picture. #15 is quite a bit more red.

All current orders should be finished up tonight and sent out tomorrow morning. I got behind a bit yesterday and didn't get a chance to cut.

Thanks

mountain

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 11:42:28 am
    • Mountain Jukeboxes
PM sent

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Here are some different arrow styles. I will make up a few more over the weekend, and custom requests are always welcome.

These are approximately 4 inches, but since every order is custom they can be sized to fit your CP.

squirrellydw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2021, 11:30:22 am
Just sent you a PM, hope you can do it.
I b**ch. People listen!!

Timoe

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2009, 09:50:12 am
  • Team-Oh-tAy-Oh
    • Rattlin' Trash
How much for the arrows?  I'll take em in blue and black

Pongo

• Offline Offline
http://www.andimages.com/proofs/pongo/gfx/arrows1.pdf
http://www.andimages.com/proofs/pongo/gfx/arrows2.pdf

Here are 2 .pdf files showing some arrow designs. If you print these, they will print to actual size so you can check that things fit. I can cut them smaller or larger if you need, so this is only a starting point.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 06:04:50 pm by Pongo »

Anubis_au

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2023, 10:12:32 pm
  • Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
Pongo, awesome work!!!!

Love these arrows... might have to rethink about putting them on my CP.

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Just posting here to say I will be away from emails all this weekend. If you send me something After Thursday night, I may not be able to respond until Monday. All current orders have been sent out, but I may not be able to process any new ones until next week.

Thanks.

bulge2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2019, 08:29:55 am
hi pongo

have you recieved my emails?

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Just a quick note here to apologize for the delays lately.

I've been able to send out regular orders, but some of the custom stuff has been delayed longer than I would like. I have a couple of young kids, so my time to work on this stuff is pretty limited. I don't usually get to work on these or anything else until they are all in bed, and some nights that can take a while. Once they are in bed I then have to get my wife off the computer so I can work, so it's not uncommon for me to sit down at the computer for the first time at about 11:30pm, and if it's been a stressful night (seems to be happening a lot lately) I just want to play a few games to vent for a bit. As you can imagine it doesn't take long to use up my available time. (Kids will be up bright and early, so I need to be up as well)

Anyways, I'm only stating this so that you guys might understand why I've been a bit slow to respond lately, and for that I am sorry. Unfortunately, I can't do much about it though, so all I ask is that you be a little patient, and also to bug me a bit more. Yes, I said bug me MORE. Right now I think I need a shove every now and then to keep me on pace. Otherwise things keep getting pushed back by other items.

Thanks for listening, and for those of you waiting I promise I'll try to clear things out this weekend.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:06:32 pm
Hey Pongo - are you still making these?  I've got an order I'd like to place...

Thanks! 

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
I need some custom work done..... nothing complex but still needs to be done
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the continued support guys.

I'm nearly caught up now, and expect to get everything current finished up this weekend. I just went through a bunch of emails and PM's, and hopefully responded to everyone, but if I have not responded to you, then send me a new message. I try to respond to everyone, but I wanted to make sure someone didn't get skipped while I was going through things.

Thanks.

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Re: FS: Vinyl decal sheets for button labels and other custom vinyl stickers.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 11:51:50 pm »
Once again, thanks for the continued support. I have been getting a bit swamped lately, but I'm trying to get to everyone as soon as I can. If you do not get a response within a day or two please email me again.

A few things will GREATLY help me out.

1. Please put your user name or something unique in the subject line along with vinyl. I have about 50 emails all with the subject "RE: vinyl" and it is very difficult to follow.

2. Don't assume I know anything about previous emails, so please quote previous messages as much as possible. That way I don't have to go back and forth finding the old message to figure things out.

Thanks

Hawk Daddy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2020, 10:01:27 pm
  • Only True Pimps Have Arcade Machines!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 12:01:21 am »
Can you print up a mortal kombat set like this?

http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=17232&c=383928&i=11008374

Just the part around the joy sticks and the buttons.

Hawk
Galaga Restored
Millipede Multicade
Donkey Kong JR.
Mortal Komba
Touchmaster
Steel Talons 2 player helicopter game

Pongo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 03:17:05 pm »
Sorry,... nope.

The method I use is not a print process, but a cutting process. The solid color vinyl is cut and picked out piece by piece leaving just the parts needed for the sticker.

There are vinyl cutters that also print on the vinyl, but it's beyond what I can do.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 08:17:56 pm »
I couldnt be more satisfied , I might end up ordering the same thing again since my MAME cab is gonna have an MK theme.

see attachment.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Pongo

• Offline Offline
Re: FS: Button decal sheets and other custom vinyl stickers.
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 06:28:41 pm »
Just posting this to announce the official release of set#3.

These new decals are all "on-button" unlike the original set #1

Same pricing still applies. See top post for info.

Thanks to everyone for the business, and remember that I can do custom work as well. Email details for a quote.

Encryptor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2023, 08:01:18 pm
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 07:38:15 pm »
Paypal sent for 2 sheets as we discussed. Thanks

Encryptor

gatordad

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 07:11:02 pm
  • This is your brain on games.
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 10:36:03 pm »
Revieved mine the other day.
Look great.
Thanks much

vertygo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2015, 03:19:59 pm
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 11:36:28 pm »
the link to the pdf files is broken, I'd like to see the arrow designs :)

Pongo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2007, 12:48:28 am »
Oops, I must have moved those files when I cleaned up some older stuff.

Send me a PM with your email address, and I will send you a current arrow .PDF

vertygo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 06:35:59 am »
PM'd you, but didn't get any email.

btp2k2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2011, 01:02:36 pm
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 09:15:24 pm »
I couldnt be more satisfied , I might end up ordering the same thing again since my MAME cab is gonna have an MK theme.

see attachment.

Holy crap....those are sweet

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:31 pm »
PM sent!

My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods

Pongo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 11:14:45 pm »
Sorry Vertygo,... I'm on it, but a little slow due to my main job getting in the way, and also a bunch of requests over the last few days.

All paid orders are caught up again as of now, so I will be going back and following up the best I can with some of the custom stuff.

As always, if you don't hear from me, feel free to bug me a bit. I don't mind.

Thanks

vertygo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2007, 12:57:20 am »
Heh no problem.. I'd rather hear that your busy than to not hear from you at all!