Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Before buying a Wells-Gardner monitor, read about their problems  (Read 146588 times)

pmowry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2016, 11:57:00 am
Re: Before buying a Wells-Gardner monitor, read about their problems
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2009, 10:18:28 am »
hehe, yeah.  I was able to set the res. down to 320x240, with no problem, but I could not see my menus or get to the icon to start the screentest app  ;D  It looked nice and clean, but I did not bother with pictures without the screentest up.  I should have taken a few when playing packman.

ssndk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2010, 05:59:03 pm
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2009, 09:19:11 am »
hehe, yeah.  I was able to set the res. down to 320x240, with no problem, but I could not see my menus or get to the icon to start the screentest app  ;D  It looked nice and clean, but I did not bother with pictures without the screentest up.  I should have taken a few when playing packman.

Got mine! .. turns out I got screwed by xgaming.. what I received was a D9400 WGM2794-U0FS05S .. not a D9800 as described.. since I live in Denmark it would be uneconomical to ship it back..  oh well, the chassis should be exactly the same.. but the tube might be different.

Generally I think it looks good (I'll post pictures as soon as I get it home to my cab), geometry is nice..  I find the tube to be a bit odd.. maybe it's normal for these kind of monitors, but its like the dpi is lower at the edges of the screen.. you can clearly see it when the monitor is off... Is it the same on your monitor? I can see on your picture with the readability test that the center text is very clear, but the edges is a bit harder to read.. is the picture out of focus, or is that what you see? .. I actually see that on mine.. .. it causes things to be more blurry at the edges than in the center. I've only tried it at 800x600.. I suspect its not a big problem at lower resolutions..

EDIT: After talking with Craig at xgaming it seems I did get the correct D9800 .. It is basically a D9400 with a new tube... and the D9400 they have on Wells Gardner now uses the new tube.. seems kinda strange to me to dump the new name and keep the old.. but it does make sense if the D9800 on wells gardners home page (WGZ2798-U0FS10S) is a different monitor.. it says RCD, while the "old" D9800 (WGZ2798-U0FS08S) is an RCA .. and so is the D9400 ..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:29:56 pm by ssndk »

pmowry

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2016, 11:57:00 am
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2009, 12:25:41 pm »
It does get blurred towards the corners.  But I have not tried to adjust anything yet.  My original picture was 4274x2848, I can email you a few if you like.  I hesitate to post 4 to 5 Mb pictures to the forum.  In that version you can see it blur near the corners and a convergence problem in the top right corner.  But other than  the tests screens when I'm looking for it.  I have not noticed anything otherwise.  So I'm actually looking for a faq or monitor guide that would say if you see problem x, adjust setting y.  I actually like they way it looks now, and dont want to make it worse not knowing what I'm doing.  but knowing there is a few minor things will drive me crazy in the long run.

BTW, I purchased mine from xgaming too.  They had a better price when including shipping then WG did when shipping to louisiana.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:28:58 pm by pmowry »

ssndk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2009, 12:48:01 pm »
It does get blurred towards the corners.  But I have not tried to adjust anything yet.  My original picture was 4274x2848, I can email you a few if you like.  I hesitate to post 4 to 5 Mb pictures to the forum.  In that version you can see it blur near the corners and a convergence problem in the top right corner.  But other than  the tests screens when I'm looking for it.  I have not noticed anything otherwise.  So I'm actually looking for a faq or monitor guide that would say if you see problem x, adjust setting y.  I actually like they way it looks now, and dont want to make it worse not knowing what I'm doing.  but knowing there is a few minor things will drive me crazy in the long run.

BTW, I purchased mine from xgaming too.  They had a better price when including shipping then WG did when shipping to louisiana.

Mine had good convergence too.. only a very slight problem in the to right corner too.. not noticable unless you use the test screens and look for it (I'm pretty sure no monitor is perfect).. .. when the monitor is turned off, go in close and see the brighter vertical lines on the screen... doesn't it have larger spacing between the lines at the left and right ends than in the middle? .. I'm pretty sure that's what gives the blur near the corners.. there would be no way to fix that in the settings.. since its how the tube is made. I'm a perfectionist too.. I notice it when I'm in windows.. like text in the corners are more blurry than in the center, but when I punch up a game I don't really notice it.. it does bother me a little though. Again I've only tested it at 800x600.

When I think about it, it could be due to the screen being flat... and not curved..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:50:26 pm by ssndk »

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2009, 01:43:16 am »
Look up CRTs and you'll see that the dot pitch varies from center to outside.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

ssndk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2009, 02:22:20 pm »
Look up CRTs and you'll see that the dot pitch varies from center to outside.

Yep, didn't know that. I had a look at my old 28" too.. and yep dot pitch is larger in the corners.. but I think its noticeable larger on my D9800/D9400 (whatever). Anyway after hooking it up to MAME with a ArcadeVGA2, the only time I notice it, is at 800x600 in windows. As far as gaming goes, this monitor is really nice! great colors! I thought my old Hantarex 25" was nice..  This thing is so crisp and vivid.  I highly recommend!

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2009, 03:13:54 pm »
Good. Now to see its longevity.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

BlazzingFlippers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2015, 04:34:09 pm
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2009, 11:33:32 am »
Thanks for all the info guys.  I just ordered my D9800 from Xgaming so probably will get it in a week or so.  One question are you all using a sheet of glass or plexiglass or whatever on top of your bezel?  If so, where did you guy it at?  I know someone mentioned they had a tinted one.  Is this something I need to make on my own?  I didn't see anything at Happs website as I'm order the bezel from them.  Also will I need 2 people to get this installed properly?  And finally, will I need to discharge the monitor before really handling it?  This is my first CRT so this is all new territory for me.  Thanks!

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2009, 05:03:30 pm »
People have used all sorts of materials. Do a search. Places of supply should be found within that, too.

You could make it yourself.

It will likely be easiest if you have help installing it.

You will not need to discharge it.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

ssndk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2009, 05:57:19 am »
Thanks for all the info guys.  I just ordered my D9800 from Xgaming so probably will get it in a week or so.  One question are you all using a sheet of glass or plexiglass or whatever on top of your bezel?  If so, where did you guy it at?  I know someone mentioned they had a tinted one.  Is this something I need to make on my own?  I didn't see anything at Happs website as I'm order the bezel from them.  Also will I need 2 people to get this installed properly?  And finally, will I need to discharge the monitor before really handling it?  This is my first CRT so this is all new territory for me.  Thanks!

If you using the holes in the frame to mount it to the cabinet using brackets you definitely need help.. the thing is heavy! I guess if you're making a stand of some sort , you could put it there yourself. Don't be too afraid of the high voltage thing.. just dont fumble around the back of the screen with your bare hands, just use the frame to lift and move it around.  I think the only way you could get that high voltage through you is by sticking your hands under the thing that looks like a suction cup, I really don't see why anyone would want to do that.. Maybe the same people that stick their hands into dark holes they find in the forest.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:59:45 am by ssndk »

BlazzingFlippers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2015, 04:34:09 pm
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2009, 01:09:46 pm »

If you using the holes in the frame to mount it to the cabinet using brackets you definitely need help.. the thing is heavy! I guess if you're making a stand of some sort , you could put it there yourself. Don't be too afraid of the high voltage thing.. just dont fumble around the back of the screen with your bare hands, just use the frame to lift and move it around.  I think the only way you could get that high voltage through you is by sticking your hands under the thing that looks like a suction cup, I really don't see why anyone would want to do that.. Maybe the same people that stick their hands into dark holes they find in the forest.

Thanks all for the info.  I saw someone mention on another forum that the WD9800 has a self-discharging feature when it turns off?  Is this true?  I'll still be really careful but wondered about that statement.  I should be getting it anyday now so we'll see how this thing turns out.

ssndk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2009, 06:24:30 am »

Thanks all for the info.  I saw someone mention on another forum that the WD9800 has a self-discharging feature when it turns off?  Is this true?  I'll still be really careful but wondered about that statement.  I should be getting it anyday now so we'll see how this thing turns out.

I've read the same post somewhere.. don't know if it's true.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »
Yes, all the digital multisyncs do. So do PC monitors, I think, as well as tube TVs in the last ten years.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

hughmcl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2009, 12:03:35 am
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2009, 10:26:56 pm »
Just thought I'd share my experience with my WG D9200.  Bought it in 2004, didn't install it until 2007.  After less than a month of use, the screen went green on me - images still visible, but no red or blue components to the image.  The OSD was displaying colors fine.  Tried it with a different computer with the same problem.  Tried the existing computer with a different monitor and colors were fine.  Went into the service menu (holding down sel and down) and adjusted the color bias to no effect.  I called WG and left a message for a tech.  He called back and I walked him through what I already tried.  Without hesitation he said that I needed a new IC103.  Called one of their distributors from the WG website that happened to be around the corner from me and ordered 2 (they were < $4).  Found and desoldered IC103, soldered in a socket (suspecting that this might happen again), popped in the new IC103 and everything is back to working (colors are fine).  I'm disappointed that this happened and I'm no monitor tech,  so I'm glad I was able to fix it.  It definitely sounded like the tech had seen this problem enough times to be confident in his statement regarding needing a new IC103.

Do you need to re-program the IC103 or does a blank one work?   I de-soldered and read the chip in my programmer and then filled it with ff's.  It read/wrote ok, so i'm wondering if it's not the chip that's gone bad, so much as there's bad data in the chip causing it to only show green?

I guess I'll find out in the next day or so.

Hugh

mvsfan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2016, 08:05:26 pm
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:07 pm »
:applaud:

The third world country appears to be Malaysia, according to the label on the latest POS to come to my shop.

a 13" D7700 arrives new in box from Happ and blows as soon as it's powered up.  Found the Horizontal output transistor blown.  Replaced it.  Still doesn't work.  Call WG tech support.  They tell me that they're having a problem with the oscillating frequency being improperly set at the factory, causing monitors to go down.

Just another example of poor quality control.

ive heard about this for a long time and it does make me wonder. But i currently own 2 U2000 monitors built in 1996 and 1997 respectively, and it seems to me that WG did build their reputation on providing a good product. one is still working as intended and the other the only problem it has wich i just posted a question about is that im installing a cap kit. but ever since they sold to chinese factories the quality isnt their judging by all the complaints i see about the new monitors coming out.

but anyways, my project has a makvision 25" hybrid i bought from quarterarcade on ebay.

ITs been running without a hiccup for 7 years now and counting, and best of all it doesnt have a stupid osd. its got a board with a nice long cable i mounted behind my monitor bezel for adjustments.

Btw, whats the opinions on the quality of makvision? ive never seen anything bad written about them. my opinion is their excellent.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2009, 05:31:41 pm »
I'm guessing that american companies know about the potential quality issues in other countries, but are so worried about cash, and are just praying the products at least make it a few months or so. Which of course is ---smurfy---, and you'd think they'd know by now. Or, maybe they're duped by those companies abroad, who show they can produce a passable product, then skimp on the contract units.

Though I didn't have it very long, the D9400 I had was I'd say 95%, compared to other monitors I've seen.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Larry

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2014, 07:14:01 pm
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2009, 11:24:51 pm »
For those of you wanting a Nieman Video Display, I distribute them from Phoenix, AZ.  Good prices.  Good Service.  Good monitor.

Larry

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2009, 10:57:15 am »
What was the generic chip number type of IC103 for other people's reference so they can buy it too?

For the D9200 series monitor, IC103 is Wells-Gardner part # 086X0394-001 Serial EEPROM, 256x8, 8 pin Dip.

Generic numbers are 24C02, KS24C02, and AT24C02.

Jameco Electronics part # 108839 for the 24C02P and it's only 29 cents!

I believe you can sub a 24C04 which is larger memory capacity chip with same pinout, physical size, and current/voltage ratings.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:00:56 am by Ken Layton »

botez

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2023, 11:53:06 pm
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 06:58:39 pm »
Just wanted to add that Larry, who sells the Neiman Displays noted a few posts above, does indeed sell them at a good price and with accurate and fair shipping costs.  It was a pleasure doing business with him.

Troy

dekar24k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2019, 03:50:11 pm
    • ArcadeForum.com
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2009, 11:44:01 am »

Got mine! .. turns out I got screwed by xgaming.. what I received was a D9400 WGM2794-U0FS05S .. not a D9800 as described.. since I live in Denmark it would be uneconomical to ship it back..  oh well, the chassis should be exactly the same.. but the tube might be different.

Generally I think it looks good (I'll post pictures as soon as I get it home to my cab), geometry is nice..  I find the tube to be a bit odd.. maybe it's normal for these kind of monitors, but its like the dpi is lower at the edges of the screen.. you can clearly see it when the monitor is off... Is it the same on your monitor? I can see on your picture with the readability test that the center text is very clear, but the edges is a bit harder to read.. is the picture out of focus, or is that what you see? .. I actually see that on mine.. .. it causes things to be more blurry at the edges than in the center. I've only tried it at 800x600.. I suspect its not a big problem at lower resolutions..

EDIT: After talking with Craig at xgaming it seems I did get the correct D9800 .. It is basically a D9400 with a new tube... and the D9400 they have on Wells Gardner now uses the new tube.. seems kinda strange to me to dump the new name and keep the old.. but it does make sense if the D9800 on wells gardners home page (WGZ2798-U0FS10S) is a different monitor.. it says RCD, while the "old" D9800 (WGZ2798-U0FS08S) is an RCA .. and so is the D9400 ..

I know this is a little off-topic but, I just ordered a D9800 from xgaming myself and I live in Norway. Do you happen to know if these monitors are dual-voltage or do you need an adapter/converter for it to work with 220V? I.e. did you just get a US->Euro plug and plug it directly into the socket or do you need a voltage converter as well? Thanks! :)
Finished project: "The Saloon Arcade" - 2 player upright cabinet

Joystick.net - Retro gaming news and reviews

ssndk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2010, 08:17:11 am »
I know this is a little off-topic but, I just ordered a D9800 from xgaming myself and I live in Norway. Do you happen to know if these monitors are dual-voltage or do you need an adapter/converter for it to work with 220V? I.e. did you just get a US->Euro plug and plug it directly into the socket or do you need a voltage converter as well? Thanks! :)

They are dual voltage, I just used a US->EU plug converter.

dekar24k

• Offline Offline
    • ArcadeForum.com
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2010, 02:27:50 pm »

Thanks for the info! :) I've been sick so the project has been a little delayed, but I am feeling good again today so I will continue working on the cab tomorrow.

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2013, 07:04:31 pm
    • The Ultimate 80's Tribute Band
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2010, 03:09:52 pm »

Thanks for the info! :) I've been sick so the project has been a little delayed, but I am feeling good again today so I will continue working on the cab tomorrow.

Mine came with the US and EU voltage AC plug.

dekar24k

• Offline Offline
    • ArcadeForum.com
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2010, 05:06:03 pm »
BTW I cut off the US plug on the D9800 and mounted a euro plug there instead. Works great and I don't need to use an adapter.

secret80sman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2013, 07:04:31 pm
    • The Ultimate 80's Tribute Band
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2010, 11:03:44 am »
BTW I cut off the US plug on the D9800 and mounted a euro plug there instead. Works great and I don't need to use an adapter.

Excellent idea!  ;D

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Technician
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2010, 09:28:43 pm »
The D9400, another trouble-prone model from Wells-Gardner:

http://www.vendoramusements.com/bbs/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1272521185

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2010, 11:09:40 pm »
@Ken,

I always respect your opinions. Just curious...you provided a link to an isolated example of one person's D9400...what else do you have that points to this being a trouble prone monitor in general? Just curious as I have two WG D9800 (which are based on this model) and have had no issues to date, also a lot of others here with D9800s with no issues.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:12:04 pm by Epyx »
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Technician
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2010, 11:26:49 pm »
Those are game route operators on that forum. They have dozens of those monitors on their routes. They are seeing problems with the digital Wells-Gardner monitors.

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2010, 12:04:13 am »
Ah that makes sense...just looking at the link makes it look like one person only. Thanks!
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2010, 10:21:52 pm »
Those are game route operators on that forum. They have dozens of those monitors on their routes. They are seeing problems with the digital Wells-Gardner monitors.

I can't get to their site - Ken do you know if they're vendoramusements.com is still in business?
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Technician
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2010, 12:41:03 pm »
Yup, they are still around. I was just on their site a few minutes ago:

http://www.vendoramusements.com/bbs/YaBB.pl

I know their site has been experiencing sporadic outages the past couple of weeks. Also, some people in foreign countries have been unable to access the site at all. The owner became fed up with all the spam registrations and blocked many countries.

DirtyDachshunds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2014, 01:14:25 pm
    • First Project: MillerCade
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2010, 01:11:05 pm »
Yup, they are still around. I was just on their site a few minutes ago:

http://www.vendoramusements.com/bbs/YaBB.pl

I know their site has been experiencing sporadic outages the past couple of weeks. Also, some people in foreign countries have been unable to access the site at all. The owner became fed up with all the spam registrations and blocked many countries.

Thanks Ken, this might lead me away from buying the 9400.  Now if can only find a 27" TV with power return...

Gaston77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2011, 06:53:44 am
  • MDF nearly killed me!
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2011, 06:19:32 am »
I bought a D9200 3 years back (I imported from the US, I live in europe!!!). Read this thread a tad too late...
It was fried after 2 months. Had it fixed and up until now, I haven't had any major problems, but I'm not all that happy with the quality.
I am looking for alternatives as well (and dare I say it, yes that includes LCD alternatives), because of alle the bad stories I'm hearing.
CRT monitors are dying off, a shame for our hobby...
this is my........BOOMstick!

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:36 pm »
ken
i chatted w/g the other day over the ks24c02 --pic problem
and the conculson is yes u put in a socket and a blank 24c02
the info will be written to it fresh
as to the tieing the wp line with a switch
is just about the right idea >after< the value's have been written to it

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »
hi ppl
there is another piece of info i want to add to this thread to watch for in the w/g's
simple fact's
they drive the yoke's so hard that they tend to over heat and the plastic that hold's the yoke in place
will become brittle and break..>right at the neck<,this is a very bad
reason is because if they slip., and yes they will..u run the risk of shorting out and or binding the winding's
of the yoke..
your olny recourse here
is to "re-bond" the yoke,this is a multi step process
and u must inspect before u even move the monitor...most important
also a wise man would do it anyway's
if u ppl are interested
i will write a  read-me to do this

ed

Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2014, 02:30:59 pm »
well its been awhile
but here it is
ken to answer your question about the 24c02
u can use a 24lc04/08 in lue of
did it have the tie shirt
u just can not go under >2<

here is the scope of what will happen
once u replace the chip
u will hear the monitior click a few times more then normal,
this is normal as the main chip is pushing data back to the eeprom
once it's done,u will then have menu control back
set it up once >1< time...let it run
about 30 min's later u will see the menu again.>normal<
hit the mode button..walk away and let it burn in with a singal
if u want to tweak it then after the 30 min run do so

ed

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2014, 03:55:44 pm »
1 more tim bit for ya
as will a 24lc032

ed

schleppie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 09:25:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2014, 11:39:03 am »
Ok...so here's my dilemma:  A friend of mine gave me a 2 year old WG D-9200 to replace the PC monitor I have in my cabinet.   My PC monitor is about to die and so I have been anxious to get it running, but in reading this thread have obvious concerns.  Couple of questions from a complete noob in the monitor department:

- Does adding the Arcade VGA help to alleviate the risk associated with switching resolutions? 
- If "no" to the above, should I just keeping my switching to a minimum, or this there another way to lessen the risk?
- The monitor did not come with any video cables, power chord, or instructions...any idea on what is needed to get it to run?  WG's website seems to only cater to accessories associated with LCD's.  Couldn't seem to easily find the correct cable / powe chords on happs.

I'd hate to ruin the monitor, but at the same time it does not do me any good just sitting on my work bench unused. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:58:07 am by schleppie »

far327

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2016, 08:55:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2015, 02:07:07 am »
Hi all

I'm new to the forums and to arcade monitors in general. I have a D9200 that started getting a dim picture. I had to turn up contrast and brightness all the way to 255 in order to get a semi decent picture. I had a tech help me install a cap kit last week, and the issue still remains. We ended up turning up the brightness on the flyback after removing the factory glue and that helped a little bit more, but the picture seems to have a reddish tint and too deep of gamma/contrast where black levels are crushing too much. I read here that it might be an eeprom issue?

I found this eeprom on jameco and was wondering if its the right part? - http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_697864_-1
If its not, can someone please guide me to the proper part? Also, do I need to be concerned about retaining any backing up any data from the original eeprom (if that's even possible?) Or would I just need to install a blank one?

Thanks so much everyone!

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Technician
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2015, 01:32:03 am »
Updating this thread.

The Vendors Amusements website and forum has shut down. All my previous links to that site are now dead. :(

No word on if it will ever come back.