Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Before buying a Wells-Gardner monitor, read about their problems

<< < (2/25) > >>

Ken Layton:

--- Quote from: SavannahLion on March 20, 2007, 03:46:06 pm ---I'm probably going to sound like a dumbass for asking this.

What is 279200 referring to? A WG9200 monitor?

--- End quote ---

Yes, a Wells-Gardner D9200 series.

modessitt:

--- Quote from: OrganicJerk on March 20, 2007, 04:55:30 pm ---And I was under the impression that Wells-Gardner was an arcade standard..

--- End quote ---

The older WG's are very reliable and that's how WG got to be a "Standard" in the first place, but the newer stuff being outsourced to Malaysia (and maybe other places) has had a lot of quality issues, while increasing the degree of difficulty of repair and minimizing the amount of paperwork available to help the common tech.

Can't remember the last time I got a WG monitor new in box that actually included any paperwork....

Zebidee:
Sony CRT monitors made in Malaysia have a bad habit of being plagued with problems too.

Maybe it is the same factory   :dunno

CSprunger:
I was also under the impression that WG were the best...  Since you guys are clearly more knowledgeable than I, can you recommend a good arcade monitor to use in a MAME cab, possibly hooked up through ArcadeVGA?  I'm trying to plan my project, and since this is the most expensive component, I really want to get it right.  Thanks for any help!

Stobe:

--- Quote from: modessitt on March 21, 2007, 03:00:18 pm ---
--- Quote from: OrganicJerk on March 20, 2007, 04:55:30 pm ---And I was under the impression that Wells-Gardner was an arcade standard..

--- End quote ---

The older WG's are very reliable and that's how WG got to be a "Standard" in the first place,

--- End quote ---

How old are we talking about?  Did they just recently change, or has it been a couple years?

-Stobe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version