Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RAM Controls - Star Wars Flight Yoke  (Read 29707 times)

Chunce DeLeone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2012, 02:58:11 pm
Re: RAM Controls - Star Wars Flight Yoke
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 08:54:48 am »
I'm in the dirty dozen and we should stick this out and stick together.  I think this is going to work out and our reward besides saving some cash, we are going to be he first ones ever on the block to have a repro-yoke,  everyone is going to want one after its done, The Force Will Be With You, Always

Bender

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 11:48:11 pm »
I have been watching David's yoke project for some time and believe that he has always been up front and honest about what he is doing and the delays etc.
I'd rather have it later and right than sooner and half ass-ed
and considering that one alternative is over $600 I think it worth the wait
If you were still accepting pre-orders I'd be in!!

Best to you David and Thanks for doing what you do! :cheers:

ratzz

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 09:23:29 pm »
Any news on this guys?

I'm a SERIOUS SW freak, and would love to be able to add one (in one way or another) to my build -- I don't think my U360 is going to cut it.

Ratzz  :cheers: :cheers:

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 08:33:31 am »
I was hoping to see this by Christmas, but looks like that isn't going to happen. Oh well... Sent an email out to David for a status update - hopefully he has at least hooked up his machine and has started the powder coating process?

(Where's the finger's crossed smiley?)

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
Don't worry. There will be a Christmas again next year. And I hear they are planning for one in 2009 as well.

Havok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 07:52:10 pm »
Don't worry. There will be a Christmas again next year. And I hear they are planning for one in 2009 as well.

Haha - I didn't mean "a" I meant "this" !

BrentRadio

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2021, 06:26:04 am
  • Stop by for a game and a beer!
    • Jack Daniel's Barcade!
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2007, 12:57:51 am »
Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:10:06 am by BrentRadio »

ratzz

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2007, 04:38:59 am »
There were no updates on the blog when I last looked...

Chunce DeLeone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2012, 02:58:11 pm
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2007, 08:06:06 am »
I emailed David about 2 weeks ago, he said that there was allot of progress and that he might be ready for Christmas,  we shall see, would be great

jlfreund

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 06:26:07 pm
    • My project's blog
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 03:37:38 am »
Does anyone know what the interface will be?  Will it just plugin to USB, or do we need to free up keys and hook into the optical interface on our minipac?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone is planning to mod their existing CP or cabinet to accomodate the yoke rather than build a dedicated machine?  I have a UA II cab with a pretty standard 2P CP that has a trackball in the center and no room for the yoke. 

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone can come up with creative (ie elegant) ways to add a yoke as a temporary or permanent fixture.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 05:51:11 pm »
I emailed David about 2 weeks ago, he said that there was allot of progress and that he might be ready for Christmas,  we shall see, would be great
He still has a couple of hours....

Havok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2007, 01:24:40 am »
 :'(

Times up... Oh well, at least I get my main Christmas present - a Zune 80! ! !

MameMaster!

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2020, 11:01:15 pm
  • Engage number one!
    • Mame Invaders!
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 04:11:44 pm »
...and the latest on this is ?  :-\
Seriously. Will it fit in my basement or what?

ratzz

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 07:47:08 pm »
Blog has not been updated for some time.

I think I will look into alternative means of piloting my x-wing!

Havok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 09:43:20 pm »
I'm not optimistic - I sent David an email 3 weeks ago, and no response. Also, he hasn't been on here since December 7th, at least logged in that is...

:banghead:

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2008, 03:45:13 am »
Com'on people give the guy a break. I mean, he only has your money for what, almost a year now, and you all still got nothing ? That's not unusual now is it ? Without any recent update ? Sounds like great customer service and reliability to me !

I'm sure he will surface and put another update here soon. I guess within a month or so ?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 03:48:56 am by Level42 »

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2008, 05:51:27 am »
Com'on people give the guy a break. I mean, he only has your money for what, almost a year now, and you all still got nothing ? That's not unusual now is it ? Without any recent update ? Sounds like great customer service and reliability to me !

Exactly why I didn't jump on the pre-order........ I'm happy to pay the few extra dollars they will be when they go on sale from stock.

I don't believe that David is disshonest or unreliable. I just think he's hit brick walls that he wasn't expecting during development. Things have not gone to plan. Probably more things than even he has said in his blog. I guess he wishes that he hadn't done the pre-order thing now, he does sound a bit stressed out by it.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

TPB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 09:12:52 pm
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2008, 06:25:21 am »
People,

It's time to take David up on his offer, for a full refund.

He's previously offered those who are "sick of waiting" a refund - well, what are you waiting for ??  Ask for it now !!

A year is long enough to wait with your money tied up with someone else, and nothing to show for it.

And hell, you'll be doing David a favour ... once you've got your money back, you'll no longer have any "moral right" to demand constant progress updates from him.  He can duly take his own sweet time, he can take as many years as he wants to complete the project, or if he likes, he can just walk away from it.

If things turn out rosy, and David actually does finish the project, you'll still get your Star Wars yoke.  Simply place an order, down the track, from the production stock, like anyone else.  Who cares if you pay a little more for an order placed down the track ??  Better than trying to "scrimp and save" right now with a pre-order, when in reality, you're just risking your hard earned dosh disappearing into thin air.

The sooner you ask for (and then receive) your money back, the sooner you'll relieve David's stress.

And in the process, you'll also help cement his reputation as an honest broker.

The way things stand at the moment, with it being a year that he's been sitting on people's money, and with him being uncontactable for the past month, well, does the phrase SlikStik come to mind ??

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2008, 08:56:04 pm »
I don't believe that David is disshonest or unreliable.

The evidence is dramatically in support of at least unreliable.  Even the rebuild parts bundles had to be chased down in order to get them to ship after they were paid.  A year after preorder and money is still out there?  He keeps disappearing?  I want to keep believing that it's not dishonesty but I'm having trouble keeping that faith at this point.

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 05:04:22 am »
David's actions are probably not the result of dishonesty, but rather slackness, indifference, or incompetence.

He may have just succumbed to the stress, sank into a state of depression, and walked away from this altogether.

But whatever his intentions, after a year's wait, it's no longer acceptable.

They should be taking David up on his offer for a refund.  And they should be doing that today - the sooner the better.

That's IF they can get back in touch with him (he's been uncontactable for the past month), and IF he honours his prior commitment to provide refunds.

If they have difficulties with either of those two IF's, then it may turn out to be dishonesty after all.

SlikStik on a smaller scale ?? ... let's hope not.

After they (hopefully) get their refunds, let's hope David eventually DOES finish the project - but that'll be entirely his choice - there'll be no pressure on him, once he's provided the refunds.

And if he DOES finish the project, then we can ALL look forward, down the track, to ordering one of these impressive looking yokes from the production stock.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 05:14:38 am by txtworld »

Havok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2008, 11:27:47 pm »
I'd be satisfied if he offered to just deliver what he's got currently. His alleged brick wall was the powder coating process. Give me what you've got, and I'll get it powder coated myself...

MameMaster!

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2020, 11:01:15 pm
  • Engage number one!
    • Mame Invaders!
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 12:33:57 pm »
Havok...did you get your $$ back? He gave me a refund months ago when I complained about this here at BYOAC.

I too am bummed by this. I really wanted one and even wrote up an interview with him that was supposed to hit the March 2007 (last year) GameRoom magazine.

:P
Seriously. Will it fit in my basement or what?

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2008, 10:46:12 pm »
Havok...did you get your $$ back? He gave me a refund months ago when I complained about this here at BYOAC.

I too am bummed by this. I really wanted one and even wrote up an interview with him that was supposed to hit the March 2007 (last year) GameRoom magazine.

Havok ??

Havok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2008, 10:50:07 pm »
Sorry guys - new job, I actually have to do some work now...

;D

But to answer the question: no, I didn't. However, I did not ask for a refund. I'm in a tough position now; if I can even contact David, do I ask for a refund or not? I really would like a new yoke instead of buying a beat up one on ebay someday, so I'm stuck. I want to believe that David didn't screw us, but when the guy doesn't answer emails or post anymore, it's not looking too good...

Daviea

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2010, 06:51:56 pm
    • RAM Controls
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 02:13:09 pm »
Hey Everyone.  I just got back from a short (~1month) trip to Sydney.  LOVE it there!  Anyhow, straight to business.  As I just got back, I'm not 100% in the loop with the details of the SW Yoke or the other projects.  However, I just talked to the guy running the show at my plant and he mentioned the SW Yoke.  Apparently, they've (my staff) made "great progress" with the powdercoating while I was away.  If I understood correctly, we're at or near assembly time.  If this is the case, that means for all intents and purposes we're practically done.  I'm making a run to the plant this evening and I'll check out the progress first hand.  Well guys, I think the long wait might finally be over with.

In other news, the LL Thruster is nearly complete as well.  All we need to do is assemble them and they're done!

Also, as I stated in the past, if you want a full refund for your "pre-order", all you have to do is ask and I'll make it happen.  I feel really awful for making everyone wait for so long.  As someone else mentioned, I did hit a few brick walls, that fricken' powdercoating being the mother of all walls! 

As txtworld mentioned, the wait is unacceptable.  I agree wholeheartedly which is why I have stood by my refund policy from the beginning.  Aside from that, I don't appreciate the remainder of his conjecture which is somewhat inflammatory.  However, I suppose I can understand it IF he was on the pre-order list himself.  :-)

So, any of the few pre-orders that find themselves wanting a refund, let me know and it's done.  Like I said before, I feel bad for making you wait and, looking back, I think the whole pre-order idea was a mistake given the unforeseen delays.

Havok,  I looked back and I don't see any email from you a month ago.  I'm usually really good about getting back to people, but I don't see any correspondence from you that I didn't already respond to.

Ok, that's it for now. 

David Adams
RAM Controls
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:23:31 pm by Daviea »

polaris

• You're a genius! Sheer genius!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2012, 05:18:59 pm
  • veni vidi congai
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »
good to see this. i think issues with another supplier were making people anxious about this. get them yokes out, i wanna know how they are so i can order one. :D
got COLOR codes from projects, post them here

add stuff to the uk wiki section

Daviea

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2010, 06:51:56 pm
    • RAM Controls
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2008, 03:29:52 pm »
Hey Polaris,

I just heard about Slik Stik this morning.  That's really awful news.  I'm sorry to see them go because they were a wonderful resource from what I gather.  I never did any business with them directly, but I always heard good things about them.

Luckily, RAM Controls isn't anywhere in the vicinity of the trouble that they're in.  Since RAM Controls is an offshoot (or side business if you will) of my main manufacturing business and is almost completely funded by my own "mad money" (with the exception of a dozen SW yoke pre-orders), we're insulated from nearly all market problems.  In other words, if I don't sell anything for extended periods of time, the business won't/can't die.  Sure, it's not a perfect business model, but that's OK as I'm an arcade enthusiast above all else.  I'm in this for the long haul, as a permanent member of the arcade community.  The downside of the "business" is that there can be extended delays from time to time which is a regrettable situation in the case of pre-orders in particular.  I hate being the focus of supposition and speculation, given my love and dedication to the hobby.

Add to that the sheer length of time this project has been ongoing and my irregular absence from time to time, I can see why people might get agitated and/or uneasy.  For this, I am very sorry.  I try my best to keep everyone in the loop and to mitigate the effects of my unavoidable contract jobs which pull me away from the fight.  As always, if the wait becomes too much to bear, say the word and I'll refund your dough (money).

David Adams
RAM Controls

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2008, 03:47:07 pm »
** I have not preordered, but I have a suggestion 

I just saw this post and it seems people have been waiting almost a year for this yoke to be completed.

Since you only have a dozen pre-orders, perhaps it would be suitable to take it upon yourself to refund all of these preorders with a condition that those people who had a preorder with you could repurchase the yoke once it is available at the same preorder price.   This way, you reestablish yourself as a respected arcade parts dealer, regain a lot of the lost trust from the arcade community as well as stopping any future preorders from occurring thus reducing the backlash from some of your customers.  Actually, calling all 12 people directly to offer this deal would be a nice professional touch.

I understand you say you will provide a refund if they ask, but why not take it upon yourself and provide more of a comfortable feeling amongst your customers.

Please do not take my suggestion in the wrong way, it is just a suggestion .....

I'm making a run to the plant this evening and I'll check out the progress first hand.
I guess if you are going to the plant tonight then you will have absolute knowledge of the progress by tomorrow which then perhaps you will share with us tomorrow?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:57:02 pm by unclet »

Havok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008, 05:35:53 pm »
Hopefully we'll see some good news by tomorrow. How about some pictures of what you've got so far? Please also update us as to a timeframe when we can expect these to be delivered...

P.S. Don't forget the exploded view/documentation and connectors so we aren't hacking the plug!

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008, 06:38:32 pm »
David,

Everyone's happy to hear from you.    :applaud:

It's great to hear you've made substantial progress on the SW yoke ... that will be one awesome controller, once completed.    :cheers:

My apologies if my remarks have come across as a little harsh, but to put them into context ...

You admit the wait has been unacceptable.  That wouldn't be the case if you hadn't accepted money up-front.  If you weren't sitting on people's cash, then take as long as you want.

Having said this, I made it plain you HAD offered (and properly so) those who wanted it a refund, all they had to do was ask :

It's time to take David up on his offer, for a full refund.

He's previously offered those who are "sick of waiting" a refund - well, what are you waiting for ??  Ask for it now !!

... you'll be doing David a favour ... once you've got your money back, you'll no longer have any "moral right" to demand constant progress updates from him.

However, the year-long wait (while sitting on people's cash) was not the only thing that's been unacceptable.  The LACK OF COMMUNICATION has been equally unacceptable, and that's something you'll need to address.

Save the excuses about not receiving Havok's emails.

Just make adjustments, going forward, to your customer service behaviours.

And save the lines about "he's not a customer, so he has no right to speak out" ... we've heard the same tired old lines, time and again, from Mr. Christian Stango.  As I said, save the excuses ... just adjust your future behaviours.

Besides, if you want to hear the words of your customers (both current and abandoned), listen to MameMaster and Havok :

I'm not optimistic - I sent David an email 3 weeks ago, and no response. Also, he hasn't been on here since December 7th, at least logged in that is...

:banghead:

:P

I want to believe that David didn't screw us, but when the guy doesn't answer emails or post anymore, it's not looking too good...

After the SlikStik fiasco, perhaps the community is holding vendors to a higher standard going forward.  But really, keeping in touch with your customers is "not too much" to ask for.

Oh, regarding SlikStik :

I always heard good things about them [SlikStik].

Then you haven't spent much time on the BYOAC forum over the past few years.  Fozzy and FrizzleFried can point you towards some of Christian's historical posts, for bedtime reading material, and as a prime example of how a vendor should NOT treat their customers and the BYOAC community.

Anyway, that's OK.

As long as you keep in regular contact with your customers in the future, and either get your product out soon, or give them their money back (as you've properly offered them, if they ask for it), then all will be smelling like roses.    :angel:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:12:37 pm by txtworld »

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 07:19:17 pm »
hey txtworld, you really need to stop telling people what they need to do. he has the right to run his business anyway he wants. he has offered refunds to everyone. he has not ripped anyone off. he is suppling some hard to find items that nobody has every taken the time to repo. you've been here almost a year what have you actually contributed exept rants and demands? get over yourself.
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 08:25:43 pm »
he has the right to run his business anyway he wants.

His customers (both current and abandoned), MameMaster and Havok, have other ideas on how they would have preferred things to run.

he has offered refunds to everyone.

Obviously you haven't read my posts.  I've always acknowledged that he's done this from the outset (offered refunds), and properly so.

he has not ripped anyone off.

No, he hasn't.

No argument from me there.

There was never a conclusion that his intentions were improper.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:35:32 pm by txtworld »

Havok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 08:52:49 pm »
Let me just state for the record, as long as there is progress and communication, I'm cool with David. Now that he has posted again I feel much better about this transaction. However, with that said, I do want to see some real progress. I understand this is a side endeavor, and Real Life(tm) can interfere, so as long is there is a completion to the project (and at this point it should be soon), I'm fine. I am eagerly awaiting David's update on tonight's visit to the shop.

His customers (both current and abandoned), MameMaster and Havok, have other ideas on how they would have preferred things to run.

Hehe - yeah, I would have preferred to have it back in Feb 07...

However, I understand that this is a fairly monumental undertaking, and can deal with the delay - I've just got my eye on the prize...

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 10:41:40 pm »
You guys could have made a 1000 of those yokes if you just followed the instruction on how to make a DIY version. :banghead:

I've always had good communication from RAM Controls, so hopefully its a happy ending for those who waited.  Nothing worse than paying up for something that ends up being vaporware.

Hope to see a review of the controller this next month.

If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 11:19:28 pm »
txtworld, i didnt ask you for a run down of what i said. i know what i wrote.  try reading the last couple of sentences again. those are the ones that really matter anyway.

david, thanks for making the repos for us. most of us really appreiate it. keep them coming.
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

rovingmind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2023, 11:13:48 pm
  • If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side
    • rovingmind
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2008, 08:25:35 am »
and maybe i can have one for my birthday in may :D
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2008, 09:36:35 am »
David,

I presume this control has many applications beyond Star Wars ...

It could be used to play 270 driving games, such as Spy Hunter.

And it's effectively an analogue joystick, right ??  So this opens up a multitude of other games that could be played.

::)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2008, 09:57:02 am »
And save the lines about "he's not a customer, so he has no right to speak out" ... we've heard the same tired old lines, time and again, from Mr. Christian Stango.  As I said, save the excuses ... just adjust your future behaviours.

I really disliked that too.  I'm "not a customer" - I didn't preorder and am damn glad I refrained.  I would like to be a customer, but given everything that has gone on, I'm going to have to sit back and wait for quite a few people to order ahead of me and report positively before I'll send any money.

If being a prospective customer, but not someone who has been taken for a ride yet, gives me no right to an opinion... it probably also gives David no right to future customers.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2008, 03:17:43 pm »
Hey Everyone.  I just got back from a short (~1month) trip to Sydney.  LOVE it there!  Anyhow, straight to business.  As I just got back, I'm not 100% in the loop with the details of the SW Yoke or the other projects.  However, I just talked to the guy running the show at my plant and he mentioned the SW Yoke.  Apparently, they've (my staff) made "great progress" with the powdercoating while I was away.  If I understood correctly, we're at or near assembly time.  If this is the case, that means for all intents and purposes we're practically done.  I'm making a run to the plant this evening and I'll check out the progress first hand.  Well guys, I think the long wait might finally be over with.

In other news, the LL Thruster is nearly complete as well.  All we need to do is assemble them and they're done!

Also, as I stated in the past, if you want a full refund for your "pre-order", all you have to do is ask and I'll make it happen.  I feel really awful for making everyone wait for so long.  As someone else mentioned, I did hit a few brick walls, that fricken' powdercoating being the mother of all walls! 

As txtworld mentioned, the wait is unacceptable.  I agree wholeheartedly which is why I have stood by my refund policy from the beginning.  Aside from that, I don't appreciate the remainder of his conjecture which is somewhat inflammatory.  However, I suppose I can understand it IF he was on the pre-order list himself.  :-)

So, any of the few pre-orders that find themselves wanting a refund, let me know and it's done.  Like I said before, I feel bad for making you wait and, looking back, I think the whole pre-order idea was a mistake given the unforeseen delays.

Havok,  I looked back and I don't see any email from you a month ago.  I'm usually really good about getting back to people, but I don't see any correspondence from you that I didn't already respond to.

Ok, that's it for now. 

David Adams
RAM Controls

Ahhhh, the lost son returns after vanishing without a word ! Hooray !! He was in Sydney for a month (I wonder on who's money ?). No, that explains a lot. We all know that Australia is still not yet connected to the internet, so it was impossible for him to give a shout from down-under. Figures.
And on goes this "attitude". David's "THE man". "You know dude, I go away from my business for a month and have no clue what they're up to all that time, because -you know- that didgeridoo-phone couldn't reach the US of course".

"Like, there's a guy at my plant running the show (what a great choice of word on that, because that is what this entire story reminds me off) and "APPARANTLY" (what kind of businessman are you , if I were in your shoes and if I knew about these issues and were _REALLY_ feeling awfull about the delay, I would know every ---smurfing--- detail about the progress and be at their "(my staff)" backs ALL the time !!!) they have made some progress. So are YOU not sure if they made some progress, or are THEY not sure ??? (I guess both)

Then comes this line:
If I understood correctly, we're at or near assembly time.  If this is the case, that means for all intents and purposes we're practically done.

That's 5 (Five) BIG "IF"s in a row. I just can't believe the people who have pre-ordered this still have faith after again and again reading this stuff.

My favorite soccer team has a motto: "Geen Woorden Maar Daden" = No Words But Actions.

Might be one to hang over your bed/business.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2008, 04:09:38 pm »
Ahhhh, the lost son returns after vanishing without a word ! Hooray !! He was in Sydney for a month (I wonder on who's money ?). No, that explains a lot. We all know that Australia is still not yet connected to the internet, so it was impossible for him to give a shout from down-under. Figures.
And on goes this "attitude". David's "THE man". "You know dude, I go away from my business for a month and have no clue what they're up to all that time, because -you know- that didgeridoo-phone couldn't reach the US of course".

"Like, there's a guy at my plant running the show (what a great choice of word on that, because that is what this entire story reminds me off) and "APPARANTLY" (what kind of businessman are you , if I were in your shoes and if I knew about these issues and were _REALLY_ feeling awfull about the delay, I would know every ---smurfing--- detail about the progress and be at their "(my staff)" backs ALL the time !!!) they have made some progress. So are YOU not sure if they made some progress, or are THEY not sure ??? (I guess both)

Then comes this line:
If I understood correctly, we're at or near assembly time.  If this is the case, that means for all intents and purposes we're practically done.

That's 5 (Five) BIG "IF"s in a row. I just can't believe the people who have pre-ordered this still have faith after again and again reading this stuff.

My favorite soccer team has a motto: "Geen Woorden Maar Daden" = No Words But Actions.

Might be one to hang over your bed/business.

*boggle*
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com