Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RAM Controls - Star Wars Flight Yoke  (Read 29643 times)

TPB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 09:12:52 pm
Re: RAM Controls - Star Wars Flight Yoke
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2008, 07:43:00 pm »
Saint, are you prepared to personally financially reimburse the pre-order folks, if they end up "high & dry" without their money ?? ... this is not likely to happen, as David has (to his great credit) previously honoured commitments to provide refunds ... but, by his own admission, he's currently in a legal dispute with a business partner, and has lost control of his website as a result ... in these circumstances, anything can eventuate.

Uh... *boggle* ?  This question is so goofy I don't know where to start to answer it...

Saint,

My point is ...

Your opinion is coming from a position of authority, rather than just "from the masses" like the rest of us.

In your position, there is a duty of care, to be certain you don't misuse that authority.

What if hypothetically, the pre-order folks had a chance to get their money back (as MameMaster has already done), but didn't take that chance, as they relied on your assurances, as a voice of authority, that all would be OK ??  What, then, if it eventuates they end up out-of-pocket down the track ??

Hopefully that scenario will never eventuate, but if it did ...

Would this sit well on your conscience ??    :dunno

Now, of course I'll get flamed by all and sundry for making these comments (heaven forbid, to dare to voice an opinion in disagreement with the forum owner and moderator).

Now this is the only thing that pisses me off. People disagree with me all the time -- the only thing that is guaranteed to piss me off is to insinuate that disagreeing with me gets you punished somehow. I bend over bloody backwards to not let that happen, taking abuse I frankly don't deserve.

Saint, you've misinterpreted my comments.

I was not referring to you taking offence at me voicing a dissenting opinion ... I realise, and respect, that you're big enough to take that.    :)

What I was referring to, are the masses of fanboi's (and there's plenty of them), the "yes men" who always agree, unreservedly, with everything you say ... they would see it as a punishable offence that I "dare" voice an opinion dissenting from your own.

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2008, 07:50:19 pm »
Well said, Markrvp...

:cheers:

Txtworld, give it a rest - Saint is right. One question for you, however, did you pre-order a yoke? I'm just wondering what your stake in all this is, and why it has you so fired up? David is a known vendor here, and has produced excellent products in the past: Atari cones, 4.5" trackballs, Major Havok rollers, yoke rebuild kits. Granted his last batch of orders was slow to be shipped, but that all happened during his separation from a business partner, so it is understandable with all his distractions. Plus, it seems his job can take him offsite for a fairly long time at a clip, which can further set back his projects. In light of this, we all need to give him a little slack. In the end, everyone that has dealt with him got their stuff, and everyone that has, is impressed with the build quality.

To distract you a bit, check out this link:

Txtworld's Forum

;)

P.S. - if you get an off limits message, just ask Saint for access...

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2008, 07:58:31 pm »
Saint,

My point is ...

Your opinion is coming from a position of authority, rather than just "from the masses" like the rest of us.

I'm just the librarian here. The only authority I claim are the rules of the forum.

In your position, there is a duty of care, to be certain you don't misuse that authority.

Hence I don't ban people for disagreeing with me. I'm still entitled to my opinion.

What if hypothetically, the pre-order folks had a chance to get their money back (as MameMaster has already done), but didn't take that chance, as they relied on your assurances, as a voice of authority, that all would be OK ??  What, then, if it eventuates they end up out-of-pocket down the track ??

Hopefully that scenario will never eventuate, but if it did ...

Would this sit well on your conscience ??    :dunno

Yes, I believe I would be fine. I would certainly feel bad for anyone getting stiffed, but I would not feel guilty.

Saint, you've misinterpreted my comments.

I was not referring to you taking offence at me voicing a dissenting opinion ... I realise, and respect, that you're big enough to take that.    :)

Glad to hear it - it's my only real hot button.

What I was referring to, are the masses of fanboi's (and there's plenty of them), the "yes men" who always agree, unreservedly, with everything you say ... they would see it as a punishable offense that I "dare" voice an opinion dissenting from your own.

You'll have to introduce me to them, I've always wanted my own fan club. I haven't met anyone who agrees unreservedly with everything I say. Humor aside, I don't believe anyone would jump on you for daring to jump on me. They may very well disagree with you and agree with me on this point, and I think it's unfair to dismiss their opinions as simply sticking up for me.

At any rate, my point is that your point's been made. I don't see you saying anything new, I just see you saying it again. After a couple of times the thread is just arguing and the point of the thread is lost. I believe you're actually doing more to dissuade people from your point of view by continuing than you would be if you stated it once or twice then let it go.

YMMV

--- saint

--- saint
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

rovingmind

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2023, 11:13:48 pm
  • If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side
    • rovingmind
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2008, 08:04:02 pm »
Can I be a "Yes Man"?i......    who is saint actually? i have a book he wrote, and noticed a few posts, never met the guy myself. 

Would i have to attend parties or something?  As a "yes Man" `would i Get to test nifty new arcade items for free?  I'm game for parties as long as daycare is available and there is a goodly supply of mixers.  Is there a "BYOAC YES MAN" button?  Would i get discounts anywhere?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2008, 08:35:32 pm »
... why it has you so fired up? ...

Havok,

You've had a complete reversal of opinion ... no less than 180 degree's.

You'll find that you were the first to "spout your mouth off" in this thread ... before I had uttered a "single word" on the matter :

I'm not optimistic - I sent David an email 3 weeks ago, and no response. Also, he hasn't been on here since December 7th, at least logged in that is...

:banghead:

Do I need to re-list your multitude of other quotes in the same vein ... such as making a request for RandyT to make the yoke ??

Next time, if you don't want to start a debate about something ...

Think first, before you shoot from the hip.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:37:34 pm by txtworld »

rovingmind

• Offline Offline
    • rovingmind
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2008, 09:06:03 pm »
that wasnt the first round of spout offs, the first came after the problems with the blog updates back in May.

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2008, 09:13:30 pm »
that wasnt the first round of spout offs, the first came after the problems with the blog updates back in May.

Yes, you're right.

There were prior rounds of "spout off's".

And then Havok joined them.

My point is, I wasn't motivated to join this discussion, until I had read Havok's aggrieved posts.

I only joined the discussion in this thread a couple of weeks ago.

Others, including Havok (before his 180 degree turn), were the first to raise their concerns.

rovingmind

• Offline Offline
    • rovingmind
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2008, 09:28:28 pm »
-edit, NM now i'm doing it.

no more comments until theres an update from David
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:31:07 pm by rovingmind »

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2008, 09:34:33 pm »

My point is, I wasn't motivated to join this discussion, until I had read Havok's aggrieved posts.

i think what EVERYONE is asking is how do we get you to UNmotivate yourself to continue with this discussion.

will you really die if you dont have the last word? at this point you are just trolling. if i had the power saint has you would have already had a time out.
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2008, 09:47:07 pm »
I knew the dirt was on its way.    ;)

I really don't know what you have against me ... I've never made a negative comment towards you.

You had plenty to say in the SlikStik thread.

As did I, which was warranted given SlikStik's conduct.

However, I never voiced any support for a boycott of Scott or Mameroom's products.

In fact, quite the opposite, you'll find I encouraged FrizzleFried and Missioncontrol to drop that silly "Birds of a Feather" banner, from the footer of their posts.

FrizzleFried has since accepted my advice in this regard (to his credit) ... Missioncontrol is still holding out.

And I copped plenty of criticism in making that request (that they drop that banner from their posts) ... I even received PM's advising me of "caution" in supporting Scott or Mameroom, and giving me "tip off's" in regards to Scott's supposed history on this forum.

to mameroom: i am sorry i had to make this decesion but i can not help support someone who scams people out of their money. if and when you stop using christians panels please let me know and i would be happy to do business with you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:53:00 pm by txtworld »

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2008, 09:54:43 pm »
so i guess the answer is yes, you will die unless you get the last word.

btw what in the hell does the other thread have to do with this situation? and its kinda convenient you didn't post the second half of my discussion with scott when he cut ties with christian. i told him i would be ordering from him as soon as he was caught up with the orders he has. im done with you. your a troll.
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

TPB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2008, 10:22:28 pm »
your a troll.

Dirt,

You seem pretty keen upon getting in the last word yourself.

Go for it, throw some more dirt.    :)

At least I've taken the heat away from ratzz & Level42.    :cheers:

Though, I have one small request ...

Now that you've resorted to name calling ...

At least have the courtesy to do it in a literate manner.

What are you, 12 years old ??    :dizzy:

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2008, 10:26:34 pm »
Feh. Last word is mine.