Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: mmmCentipede - update: kill me (trying to finish up - finally)  (Read 15148 times)

Bones

• [Moderator]
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2021, 11:34:03 pm
Re: mmmCentipede - update: custom cp artwork... come take a look!
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2005, 12:54:40 am »
That CP looks bloody awesome!  :o

Living the delusional lifestyle.

mmmPeanutButter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2020, 07:49:09 am
  • better living through gaming
Re: mmmCentipede - update: custom cp artwork... come take a look!
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2006, 06:45:44 pm »
So the theme of 2006 (for me) is "getting things done"

Number 1 on my list is getting this damn thing done.

So what I've done since last time:

- put my keywiz in a project box.  I had to move four of the terminals over so that I didn't have any of the wires sticking out of the box next to the PS/2 ports.  I used serial cables for the panel swapping.  One for each of the joysticks and one for the trackball panel.  The red wires out the bottom are for the coin door.  I also moved the LED to the top of the box.

- I wired up the joystick panel.  I had wired it earlier, but needed to redo it.  I had initailly used 18 gauge, but swithced to 22.  Oh boy.  It was soooo much better the second time through.  I used quick disconnects on all of it, except for the volcano buttons.  They're soldered (with resistor).

- I installed a variable speed fan.  I like the variable speed so I can slow it down to be really quiet.

- I installed the original power switch with a junction box and a couple outlets.  I have a power strip for all the stuff inside.  I put the computer to power on with a keypress.  Great for me cause I can power up ther arcade when people are coming over (marquee on), and then if they want to play, all I need to do is press a button.

- Painted the monitor disk black.

Still left to do:

- get a terminal strip so I can wire up the volcano buttons on the trackball panel

- I think I need to replace one of the LED's on one of the volcano buttons (I need to confirm this)

- I need a grill for the fan up top.  Anybody have any ideas?  I would like a black one.  Hopefully metal.  I would like it to be louvered so that it doesn't get dust settling in it when the fan is off.

- I need a menu program at start up.  It will allow the user to select what panel is being used and what the orientation of the monitor is.  I think a guy I work with is doing it for me.  [fingers crossed]

- general configuration of frontend.  I think I'll be using Kymaera.  There will be 4 different versions (one for each panel at each orientation)

- I lost the plastic piece that holds the power cord in the machine (it's a flay piece with a hole - I got a new gromet, but lost the flat piece )(if you have one, shoot me a PM)

I think that's it.

Any questions or comments?

(it feels good to hopefully be finishing)   :D

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 01:02:45 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
Re: mmmCentipede - update: kill me (trying to finish up - finally)
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 02:54:16 pm »
Old thread, I know, but given some recent postings about MAIMing(tm) classics and the fact that I saw this machine in person today, I thought I would resurrect the thread and remind folks just how well a tasteful MAMEing(tm) can turn out.

I was fortunate enough to see this cab today and all I can say is WOW and that it is even better looking in person than in the pictures -- and that is saying something!

Cheers and congrats to mmmPeanutButter (and thanks for the cab and coin door)!

:applaud: :cheers: :applaud:
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None