Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: hiscore diff (with no nag/white box removal)  (Read 616777 times)

abelenki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2022, 06:58:00 pm
    • MAME Stuff
Re: hiscore diff (with no nag/white box removal)
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2010, 09:01:34 pm »
I appreciate the space. I've uploaded the files there and changed the links. I owe you a beer!

great!!

You're good with the compile. It's just warnings and not errors. I compiled and it worked. You should be good to go!

thanks.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:03:52 pm by abelenki »
MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

TidusBlade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2010, 10:56:02 am
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2010, 05:06:59 pm »
Firstly, thanks so much MKChamp for this awesome patch, I was dreading the fact that I'd have to keep recording my high scores on a post it lol until I found this post, but sadly it didn't work...

I spent quite a bit of time trying to get it to work and I wanted to see it through till the end so I'll post my problem here hoping that it wasn't just me but I'm guessing I'm SOL.

Anyways, I'm on Linux (If you wanna ignore this post then go ahead now lol) and I tried compiling mame-0.139 from mamedev.org which worked perfectly (Using gcc-4.4.4 if it matters.) so I know it's not a problem with the official build. Then I grabbed your patch (For 0.139 of course) and tried applying it. At first I got "HUNK Failed" on each line, but it turned out to be because the .diff was in DOS/Windows format. I was able to convert it to UNIX format using dos2unix though. After that I applied the patch and everything went without any errors ao now I went along and compiled it with make, which worked perfectly (or at least it didn't spit out any errors) until it reached the linking stage and spat this error out:
Code: [Select]
Linking mame...
obj/sdl/mame/libemu.a(video.o): In function `video_frame_update_hi(running_machine*, int)':
video.c:(.text+0x1034a): undefined reference to `osd_update_hi(running_machine*, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mame] Error 1

I'm no C expert but I tried looking around, there were too many includes for me to figure out lol so I just tried messing around a bit though it didn't make things any better. I'm guessing I'm the only one with this problem as everyone else seems to have gotten it working, but I just wanted to make sure.

Sorry for the long post, whenever I end up posting for help or something I write too much ^^' And feel free to ignore me as well, I know I'm in the minuscule minority so it may not be worth your time. I did find out that I can save state and it works good enough for me so at least I'm not stuck writing stuff on a post it but it would definitely be satisfying to get this build working :)

Thanks, and once again, sorry for the long post xD
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:23:10 pm by TidusBlade »

MKChamp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2010, 06:47:17 pm »
Not tested...don't have Linux...but try the following:
In the src/osd/sdl folder, add the following to the video.c module:

void osd_update_hi(running_machine *machine, int skip_redraw)
{
   sdl_window_info *window;

// if we're not skipping this redraw, update all windows
   if (!skip_redraw)
   {
//      profiler_mark(PROFILER_BLIT);
      for (window = sdl_window_list; window != NULL; window = window->next)
         sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi(machine, window);
//      profiler_mark(PROFILER_END);
   }

// poll the joystick values here
   sdlinput_poll(machine);
   check_osd_inputs(machine);

if ((machine->debug_flags & DEBUG_FLAG_OSD_ENABLED) != 0)
      debugwin_update_during_game(machine);
}

Next, in the same folder, add the following to the window.h file (around line 130):

void sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi(running_machine *machine, sdl_window_info *window);

Finally, in the same folder, add the following to the window.c file:

void sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi(running_machine *machine, sdl_window_info *window)
{

ASSERT_MAIN_THREAD();

// adjust the cursor state
   sdlwindow_update_cursor_state(machine, window);

// if we're visible and running and not in the middle of a resize, draw
   if (window->target != NULL)
   {
      int tempwidth, tempheight;

// see if the games video mode has changed
      render_target_get_minimum_size(window->target, &tempwidth, &tempheight);
      if (tempwidth != window->minwidth || tempheight != window->minheight)
      {
         window->minwidth = tempwidth;
         window->minheight = tempheight;
         if (!window->fullscreen)
         {
            sdlwindow_blit_surface_size(window, window->width, window->height);
            sdlwindow_resize(window, window->blitwidth, window->blitheight);
         }
         else if (video_config.switchres)
         {
            pick_best_mode(window, &tempwidth, &tempheight);
            sdlwindow_resize(window, tempwidth, tempheight);
         }
      }

// only render if we have been signalled
      if (osd_event_wait(window->rendered_event, 0))
      {
         worker_param wp;
         const render_primitive_list *primlist;

clear_worker_param(&wp);

// ensure the target bounds are up-to-date, and then get the primitives
         primlist = window->get_primitives(window);

// and redraw now

wp.list = primlist;
         wp.window = window;
         wp.machine = machine;

//execute_async(&draw_video_contents_wt, &wp);
      }
   }
}

Like I said, I can't test it...but it should at the very least be a step in the right direction.

TidusBlade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2010, 08:06:42 pm »
Ok well I pasted in the code in the right places (triple checked :P) and ran make again, it started complaining about some warning that it turned to an error, so after disabling -Werror from the makefile I got it to compile but when it got to the linking stage, it outputted the exact same error. Now, I've never touched the MAME source code so I had no idea what to do, tried moving the #include "windows.h" around among other little noob tricks like defining osd_update_hi in video.h lol, which as you can guess produced nothing but compile errors xD The only thing that I *think* changed was how long it took from the start of the linking to when the error is outputted, but even then it's only a few seconds, or could just be me I guess ^^'

Anyways, thanks for the quick reply, especially considering that I'm the only one who has this problem it seems, and as I said, if it's too much trouble just forget about it, I'm happy with saving state and if I really want hiscore.dat support I'll just shove ---my bottom--- to a Windows PC instead of whining :P

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #484 on: August 14, 2010, 04:31:58 am »
Just got home...
Sorry that I can't debug this for you on Linux. Can you PM me and attach the three files I said to update for me to take a look at so I can be certain they were updated correctly? This whole section is just to get rid of the 'white box' stuff....if you aren't concerned with that, I can tell you what to change in the diff to get it to work with Linux....you would still get the no nag and hiscore to work....just not the white box part:

I *think* you can just change this part in src\emu\ui.c from this:
      //MKCHAMP - CALLING NEW SUB CALLED video_frame_update_hi SO WHITE BOX DOES NOT SHOW BUT REFRESHSPEED IS STILL CALCULATED
      if (!options_get_bool(mame_options(), OPTION_DISABLE_LOADING_PATCH))
         video_frame_update_hi(machine, FALSE);
      else
         video_frame_update(machine, FALSE);

to this:

video_frame_update(machine, FALSE);

I can't test this......because once again....I am using windows....

TidusBlade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2010, 09:07:53 pm »
Yeah lol I don't really mind, as long as high scores through hiscore.dat are working I got no complaints :P (Unless of course it keeps dividing my score by 10 or something xD) So yeah, if you think the changes to the .diff might work, then might as well try.

Anyways, tried changing the code in ui.c but to no avail, I still get the exact same error while linking...

Also, attached hosted (Looks like I can't attach xD) the 3 files and PM'ed you :) Really appreciate the time you're taking to help me out btw, looks like I owe you at least 2 beers now ;P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 09:25:20 pm by TidusBlade »

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #486 on: August 15, 2010, 11:41:37 pm »
Hey,
I looked at the files and you did them the exact way I said to...what you need to do now is do a 'clean' or 'fresh' compile. That means to delete your obj folder so it recompiles all of the objects. I manually forced my env to compile for Linux and it worked perfectly. Let me know how it goes.

Avrus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2011, 09:17:25 pm
  • Canada
    • The Avrus Arcade Project 'Conquest'
« Reply #487 on: August 18, 2010, 05:45:51 pm »
Haven't compiled in a while but I'm getting a compile error.  Patch works fine compile ends with error:

Compiling src/osd/windows/main.c...
Compiling src/osd/windows/strconv.c...
gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [obj/windows/mame/osd/windows/main.o] Error 1
mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mingw32-make: *** [obj/windows/mame/emu/cpu/m68000/m68kmake.o] Error 1
mingw32-make: *** [obj/windows/mame/osd/windows/strconv.o] Error 1

No other errors.  

n/m didn't realize there was a new version of mingw
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:55:44 pm by Avrus »

bitbytebit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2019, 11:07:16 am
    • The Groovy Organization
« Reply #488 on: August 30, 2010, 12:20:34 am »
I have a patch you can apply after the normal one (for mame 139 or 139u1) which adds Linux support for removing the warnings and such.  From what I can tell this seems like the way to fully remove it and it cleanly goes straight into the game now.
diff -ruN Mame_vanilla_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/video.c Mame_hiscore_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/video.c
--- Mame_vanilla_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/video.c    2010-06-29 20:46:22.000000000 -0500
+++ Mame_hiscore_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/video.c    2010-08-28 02:20:48.000000000 -0500
@@ -357,6 +357,29 @@
                debugwin_update_during_game(machine);
 }

+//============================================================
+//  MKCHAMP - BELOW IS THE NEW SUB CALLED FROM emu/video.c. ONLY
+//  DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS SUB AND osd_update IS IT CALLS NEW SUB CALLED sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi
+//  INSTEAD OF sdlwindow_video_window_update (located in osd/sdl/window.c)
+
+void osd_update_hi(running_machine *machine, int skip_redraw)
+{
+        sdl_window_info *window;
+
+        // if we're not skipping this redraw, update all windows
+        if (!skip_redraw)
+                for (window = sdl_window_list; window != NULL; window = window->next)
+                       sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi(machine, window);
+
+        // poll the joystick values here
+       sdlinput_poll(machine);
+       check_osd_inputs(machine);
+
+       if ((machine->debug_flags & DEBUG_FLAG_OSD_ENABLED) != 0)
+               debugwin_update_during_game(machine);
+}
+

//============================================================
 //  add_primary_monitor
diff -ruN Mame_vanilla_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.c Mame_hiscore_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.c
--- Mame_vanilla_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.c   2010-06-29 20:46:22.000000000 -0500
+++ Mame_hiscore_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.c   2010-08-28 02:34:30.000000000 -0500
@@ -1007,6 +1007,64 @@

+//  sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi
+//  (main thread)
+
+void sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi(running_machine *machine, sdl_window_info *window)
+{
+
+       ASSERT_MAIN_THREAD();
+
+       // adjust the cursor state
+       sdlwindow_update_cursor_state(machine, window);
+
+       // if we're visible and running and not in the middle of a resize, draw
+       if (window->target != NULL)
+       {
+               int tempwidth, tempheight;
+
+               // see if the games video mode has changed
+               render_target_get_minimum_size(window->target, &tempwidth, &tempheight);
+               if (tempwidth != window->minwidth || tempheight != window->minheight)
+               {
+                       window->minwidth = tempwidth;
+                       window->minheight = tempheight;
+                       if (!window->fullscreen)
+                       {
+                               sdlwindow_blit_surface_size(window, window->width, window->height);
+                               sdlwindow_resize(window, window->blitwidth, window->blitheight);
+                       }
+                       else if (video_config.switchres)
+                       {
+                               pick_best_mode(window, &tempwidth, &tempheight);
+                               sdlwindow_resize(window, tempwidth, tempheight);
+                       }
+               }
+
+               // only render if we have been signalled
+               /*if (osd_event_wait(window->rendered_event, 0))
+               {
+                       worker_param wp;
+                       const render_primitive_list *primlist;
+
+                       clear_worker_param(&wp);
+
+                       // ensure the target bounds are up-to-date, and then get the primitives
+                       primlist = window->get_primitives(window);
+
+                       // and redraw now
+
+                       wp.list = primlist;
+                       wp.window = window;
+                       wp.machine = machine;
+
+                       execute_async(&draw_video_contents_wt, &wp);
+               }*/
+       }
+}
+
 //  set_starting_view
 //  (main thread)
diff -ruN Mame_vanilla_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.h Mame_hiscore_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.h
--- Mame_vanilla_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.h   2010-06-03 15:27:50.000000000 -0500
+++ Mame_hiscore_0.139u1/src/osd/sdl/window.h   2010-08-28 02:18:41.000000000 -0500
@@ -127,6 +127,7 @@
 // creation/deletion of windows
 int sdlwindow_video_window_create(running_machine *machine, int index, sdl_monitor_info *monitor, const sdl_window_config *config);
 void sdlwindow_video_window_update(running_machine *machine, sdl_window_info *window);
+void sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi(running_machine *machine, sdl_window_info *window);
 void sdlwindow_blit_surface_size(sdl_window_info *window, int window_width, int window_height);
 void sdlwindow_toggle_full_screen(running_machine *machine, sdl_window_info *window);
 void sdlwindow_modify_prescale(running_machine *machine, sdl_window_info *window, int dir);

Also another thing I did was change the following line in hiscore.c ....

-       filerr = mame_fopen(NULL, db_filename, OPEN_FLAG_READ, &f);
+       filerr = mame_fopen(FILETYPE_HIGHSCORE, db_filename, OPEN_FLAG_READ, &f);

Which makes it so mame looks for the hiscore.dat file in the highscore directory ("hi" by default) and seems easier to me for it to be there and able to change location in the config.  Also allows frontends like wahcade to find it, cause they use the current directory of /usr/local/bin/ or whereever mame is located and under Linux it's messy to just put files in the current working directory programs run (guessing it is in Windows too, but seems more common).

Thanks,
Chris
SwitchRes / GroovyMame - http://arcade.groovy.org
Modeline Generator and Mame Wrapper for Windows or Linux
LiveCD of Groovy Arcade Linux for Arcade Monitors
GroovyMame - generate arcade resolutions like advancemame
--
The Groovy Organization

abelenki

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Stuff
« Reply #489 on: August 30, 2010, 08:33:19 am »
MKChamp, does your hiscore diff work with current MESS/MESSUI source tree? i haven't tried it myself, just wondering... (because i started using MESS not a long time ago, and even didn't compile it myself yet - i use official stock binaries). it would be really nice to remove warnings/game info/white box in MESS.
MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

bitbytebit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2019, 11:07:16 am
    • The Groovy Organization
« Reply #490 on: August 30, 2010, 10:09:36 am »
I'm not sure, guessing it'd be very similar if it had to be patched by hand there, but one would have to figure out where to do the work in the code since it seems completely different from mame (I think, not 100% sure though).  So here's basically what I did, or how the disabling of the warning/info screens works, if someone wanted to try and make mess do the same... 

basically all you really have to do is comment out that large section of code at the bottom of the sdlwindow_video_window_update function, the part that says "// only render if we have been signaled", all in src/osd/sdl/window.c.  From what I can tell that does the same thing as the Windows version, except the trick is that if you only comment out some of that code it'll not ever refresh the screen and hang all black.  I tried a few things then finally realized it all needed to be commented out else the way SDL works I'm guessing it gets stuck in a wait state or something.

basically in src/osd/sdl/window.c search for this block and add the /* */ parts to comment it out...
+               // only render if we have been signalled
+               /*if (osd_event_wait(window->rendered_event, 0))
+               {
+                       worker_param wp;
+                       const render_primitive_list *primlist;
+
+                       clear_worker_param(&wp);
+
+                       // ensure the target bounds are up-to-date, and then get the primitives
+                       primlist = window->get_primitives(window);
+
+                       // and redraw now
+
+                       wp.list = primlist;
+                       wp.window = window;
+                       wp.machine = machine;
+
+                       execute_async(&draw_video_contents_wt, &wp);
+               }*/

Of course making the extra functions is necessary to make it compile since it calls the newer osd_update_hi() function with the normal patch applied before this one.  So besides the above change, just copying the osd_update and sldwindow_video_update_hi() functions in that window.c file and naming the duplicates with additional _hi at the ends (and making the above change of course in the extra sdlwindow_video_update_hi() function).  That ought to do the same thing, oh and adding the sdlwindow_video_window_update_hi function prototype to window.h (just copy the current one in window.h and add _hi at the end of it, same basic idea again).  Basically  that's what I did to create the patch in mame 139.

I'm guessing MESS is probably going to be more of a customized version of the above procedure, not sure how all that code is done there.
SwitchRes / GroovyMame - http://arcade.groovy.org
Modeline Generator and Mame Wrapper for Windows or Linux
LiveCD of Groovy Arcade Linux for Arcade Monitors
GroovyMame - generate arcade resolutions like advancemame
--
The Groovy Organization

abelenki

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Stuff
« Reply #491 on: August 30, 2010, 09:41:29 pm »
bitbytebit, thanks for the guide. i'll try to comment out that section, when i'm compiling next MESS.

MKChamp, i'm getting some errors when patching hi_139.diff to 0.139u2 source tree (since there are a lot of core changes by Aaron this time):

patching file src/emu/emu.mak
Hunk #2 succeeded at 68 (offset 2 lines).
patching file src/emu/emuopts.c
patching file src/emu/emuopts.h
patching file src/emu/fileio.h
patching file src/emu/hiscore.c
patching file src/emu/hiscore.h
patching file src/emu/machine.c
Hunk #3 succeeded at 208 with fuzz 2 (offset 2 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 362 (offset 1 line).
patching file src/emu/machine.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 334.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/emu/machine.h.rej
patching file src/emu/mame.c
patching file src/emu/profiler.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 192 (offset 66 lines).
patching file src/emu/profiler.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 47.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/emu/profiler.h.rej
patching file src/emu/romload.c
patching file src/emu/ui.c
patching file src/emu/video.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 493 (offset -1 lines).
patching file src/emu/video.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 314 (offset -26 lines).
patching file src/mame/machine/cps2crpt.c
patching file src/osd/osdepend.h
patching file src/osd/windows/video.c
patching file src/osd/windows/window.c
patching file src/osd/windows/window.h

should i wait for hi_139u2.diff or i can proceed with these two errors?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:44:35 pm by abelenki »

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #492 on: August 31, 2010, 11:04:27 am »
Wait no more....139u2 is uploaded...

abelenki

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Stuff
« Reply #493 on: August 31, 2010, 11:42:43 am »
Wait no more....139u2 is uploaded...

thanks a lot for prompt update!! compiling now... ;)

WhereEaglesDare

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
  • Shut Off All The Compactors on the Detention Level
    • My HomePage
« Reply #494 on: September 01, 2010, 07:38:12 am »
Ive compiled it three times now and I keep getting errors

Compiling src/osd/windows/input.c...
Compiling src/osd/windows/output.c...
Compiling src/osd/windows/sound.c...
Compiling src/osd/windows/video.c...
src/osd/windows/video.c: In function 'void osd_update_hi(running_machine*, int)':
src/osd/windows/video.c:271: error: redefinition of 'void osd_update_hi(running_machine*, int)'
Finished!
1 Hours 36 Minutes and 0 Seconds Elapsed.
src/osd/windows/video.c:247: error: 'void osd_update_hi(running_machine*, int)' previously defined here
make: *** [obj/windows/mame/osd/windows/video.o] Error 1

I load the 139u1 diff, then the 139u2 diff, then the hi score 139u2 diff, the compile

Am I doing something wrong?

abelenki

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Stuff
« Reply #495 on: September 01, 2010, 09:43:58 am »
I load the 139u1 diff, then the 139u2 diff, then the hi score 139u2 diff, the compile

i applied hi_139u2.diff to 0.139u2 source tree, then compiled. everything went without any problems and worked as expected.

are you sure, you're doing clean compile (without obj directory)?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:46:23 am by abelenki »

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #496 on: September 01, 2010, 03:17:29 pm »

i applied hi_139u2.diff to 0.139u2 source tree, then compiled. everything went without any problems and worked as expected.

are you sure, you're doing clean compile (without obj directory)?

I did, deleted everything and started from scratch, thats when i got the error, im gonna try again.

Me too, fourth times got it
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:35:58 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

MrBungle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 28, 2015, 09:51:07 am
« Reply #497 on: September 01, 2010, 07:01:05 pm »
nvm...fixed my problem
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:21:16 pm by MrBungle »

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #498 on: September 01, 2010, 09:17:30 pm »
I got it to compile but now DK and DK Jr wont play, DK3, tetris, and 1942 work fine, so i dunno what the issue could be

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #499 on: September 02, 2010, 12:45:21 am »
The issue isn't you. It's already been reported at mametester.org. You can check it out here:

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=4032

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #500 on: September 08, 2010, 03:21:14 pm »
MKChamp: Could I be so bold and request the nag removal for an old version of mame?

I use 0.36b on my netbook (soon to become a bartop) and I would really like to use this version without the nag screens?

Any chance of the happening?

Pretty please  :notworthy:

:D

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #501 on: September 08, 2010, 05:30:25 pm »
To remove the nag screens in .36b, just change the below 2 lines in mame.c :

if (settingsloaded == 0)
change to
if (1)

if (showcopyright()) goto userquit;
change to
//if (showcopyright()) goto userquit;

That should get it...although I didn't compile and test...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:32:32 pm by MKChamp »

abelenki

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Stuff
« Reply #502 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:01 pm »
I use 0.36b on my netbook (soon to become a bartop)

btw, i always use latest MAME on my netbook. i have EEE PC 701 with 2GB or RAM and overclocked CPU to 900Mhz. so, latest MAME works like a charm.

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
Missed one...also change this line
if (showgamewarnings() == 0)
to
if (1)

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
« Reply #504 on: September 09, 2010, 10:55:43 am »
Thank you sir, I will try it out as soon as I get a chance!

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #505 on: September 10, 2010, 09:04:21 am »
I use 0.36b on my netbook (soon to become a bartop)

btw, i always use latest MAME on my netbook. i have EEE PC 701 with 2GB or RAM and overclocked CPU to 900Mhz. so, latest MAME works like a charm.

I use it on my netbook too, but I got the 1201N eee.  Dual Core 1.6 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Nvidia ION.

ammi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2010, 04:03:10 am
« Reply #506 on: September 18, 2010, 10:00:17 am »
Firstly, thanks so much MKChamp for this awesome patch, I was dreading the fact that I'd have to keep recording my high scores on a post it lol until I found this post, but sadly it didn't work...

Anyways, I'm on Linux (If you wanna ignore this post then go ahead now lol) and I tried compiling mame-0.139 from mamedev.org which worked perfectly (Using gcc-4.4.4 if it matters.)

Hi,
to use the hiscore Patch from MKChamp, download the endings script (you need this for mame source):
http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?p=527

Then use this attached patch and rename it from .txt to .diff and the MKChamp patch.
Works fine with 0.139u2, that's all ;) Do not use gcc <4.4

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:02:22 am by ammi »

alarsuel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2011, 02:20:41 pm
« Reply #507 on: September 21, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »
I was following the directions and everything went well until I got to step 8. 

When I type patchmame I get the following error message,

'Patch' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch files

?????????????
I'm having the same problem.  How did you get it resolved (or anyone else know how to fix this)?  Using 139.

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2010, 12:15:02 am »

'Patch' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch files

?????????????
I'm having the same problem.  How did you get it resolved (or anyone else know how to fix this)?  Using 139.

Couple of different options:
1) either put the location of the patch.exe in your computers environment or at least copy it to the directory you are trying to run it from
or
2) grab headkaze's compiler here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=71845.0

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #509 on: September 22, 2010, 09:45:28 pm »

?????????????

Couple of different options:
1) either put the location of the patch.exe in your computers environment or at least copy it to the directory you are trying to run it from
or
2) grab headkaze's compiler here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=71845.0

+1 to headkazes compiler, it is sooooooo much easier than trying to do it over the command line and batch files.

alarsuel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #510 on: September 23, 2010, 04:55:28 pm »
I'm starting to get irritated now.  I've now tried the compiler and it gave me an error message at the end of compiling.  It applied the patches fine, but it didn't create the exe after saying there was a problem with one of the drivers.  I guess I'm back to trying the source/batch way.  All I want to do is remove the ok-left/right screen as my x-arcade doesn't respond during the game loading.  It works fine to select games in MA and then fine to play games, but not during loading.  Is there some text I could delete or change in my current config to remove then screen without patching or recompiling?

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »
I'm starting to get irritated now.  I've now tried the compiler and it gave me an error message at the end of compiling.  It applied the patches fine, but it didn't create the exe after saying there was a problem with one of the drivers.  I guess I'm back to trying the source/batch way.  All I want to do is remove the ok-left/right screen as my x-arcade doesn't respond during the game loading.  It works fine to select games in MA and then fine to play games, but not during loading.  Is there some text I could delete or change in my current config to remove then screen without patching or recompiling?

I get that error from time to time. delete your source files and your diffs and download FRESH COPIES and then try again, it'll work

alarsuel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #512 on: September 24, 2010, 05:06:20 am »
I have tried 3 times now to use the compiler and I get the same error each time.  In the compiler I apply 0139u1, then 0139u2, then 0139u3, then hi_139u3.  The first 3 take between 1 and 3 minutes each.  The hi patch to no time at all (only seems to be making 4 or 5 changes).  These 4 patches do not give any error messages.  Then I compile with auto-detect as the only check mark.  At the 25 min + mark (same time each time) I get the following error:
Compiling src/mame/video/magmax.c...
Converting src/mame/layout/nbmj8688.lay...
Compiling src/mame/drivers/nbmj8688.c...
Compiling src/mame/video/nbmj8688.c...

Compiling src/mame/drivers/nbmj8891.c...
src/mame/drivers/nbmj8891.c: In function 'void driver_init_pairsten(running_machine*)':
src/mame/drivers/nbmj8891.c:303: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make: *** [obj/windows/mame/mame/drivers/nbmj8891.o] Error 1

Finished!
0 Hours 25 Minutes and 15 Seconds Elapsed.

Anyone know what is going on?  Thanks for the help.

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #513 on: September 25, 2010, 10:38:29 am »
Are you using the latest MinGW?  An new version was released earlier this month.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2010, 06:54:11 am »
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=233910

Quote from: R. Belmont
It's random, and it occurs only on XP. The 100% way to cure it is to upgrade to Vista or 7. Seriously.

alarsuel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2010, 01:53:31 pm »
Upgrading the cpu with Mame isn't really an option.  Does this occur if I use 0139u2 and coordinating hi.diff?  I could skip the 3rd upgrade.  Or can I compile on a different computer and transfer?  I thought I read that this doesn't work after version136 or something like that.

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2010, 03:09:30 pm »
Upgrading the cpu with Mame isn't really an option.  Does this occur if I use 0139u2 and coordinating hi.diff?  I could skip the 3rd upgrade.  Or can I compile on a different computer and transfer?  I thought I read that this doesn't work after version136 or something like that.

Yes, I would try compiling on a different computer. Do the standard build...that way it will work on the computer you will be running it from.

alarsuel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2010, 03:35:17 pm »
By standard build, do you men without the ui or do you mean with any updates?

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Stil around.
« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2010, 05:38:20 pm »
By standard build, do you men without the ui or do you mean with any updates?

I meant with no optimizations. You can try it, I just found that when I compiled it on one computer, it wouldn't work on my cabs computer. May be something with me...

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #519 on: October 18, 2010, 04:47:36 am »
hiscore-139u4 out yet?