Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Recased Robotron machine  (Read 2095 times)

(+_+)

• Let me splain.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2012, 09:00:32 pm
  • For I am ]{eyser Soze
Recased Robotron machine
« on: March 09, 2007, 01:38:42 pm »
I need to make some room in my gameroom since I already have 2 other cabs and was wondering what you think I could get for this machine. It's been recased. The case itself is in perfect condition. It was professional painted with some textured plasticky sort of paint over MDF and seems to be indesctructable. I've had it for about 15 years and there is barely a scratch on it. It's the original Robotron marquee and the Robotron main board. It need to be repaired though. The screen still work but justs flashes red and some other colors. Thanks.
This plan is so perfect, it's retarded. -- Peter Family Guy

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
Re: Recased Robotron machine
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 02:44:07 pm »
wondering what you think I could get for this machine.

Not much.... When you consider that the boards are not working and the case isn't an original.

You could break it down and sell off the parts.... But even then you might not get much for it.

The reason I say this is, that you have to remeber that people can pick up non working machines for $50 or less. Sometimes even for free if they go to their local arcade dealers.

You might be better off breaking it down and using the parts on your own projects. Especially the monitor.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.