Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Crazy Climber manual or sound help?  (Read 2477 times)

modessitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2021, 07:02:28 pm
  • Technician
Crazy Climber manual or sound help?
« on: March 09, 2007, 12:13:23 am »
Anyone have an original Crazy Climber manual or high quality scan or link?  The one available for download from all the sites is so blurry on the schematics pages that I can barely figure out some of the values and words.

I just took a completely dead, then partially working mini-cab version and got it almost all the way up.  Looks great with the new 13" monitor, the joysticks work again (although I wish they were more responsive but what can you expect from these weird type joysticks), and finally got the sound working again, wherein lies my problem.

The sound works fine during gameplay, but when I die to end the game, the dying sound ("Look out!" or whatever he says) starts repeating over and over and will keep doing it forever until I start a new game.  If I turn the game off, then back on, there will be no sound until I start a game.

Can anyone with a manual give me a close-up scan of the section with the cpu schematic that has the sound circuit (from pin 31 of the edge connector through the sound circuitry)?  The solder joints in that area had gotten so bad that the 470uF cap had fallen completely off the board!  I'm thinking maybe the transistor/IC??? might have an internal short to ground keeping the sound from shutting off at the end of the game?

Unfortunately I may need to deliver the game with the sound turned down (it's in a gaming software firm's hallway with about 30 other classic games and they want the sound turned down all the time to keep from bothering the programmers who might be working), but I will eventually be installing external volume controls on all the cabinets (for release parties) and would like to get this fixed (even if I have to bring it back into the shop later).

Any help would be great.  Thanks!
Working Games:Joust CT,Gyruss UR,Pong,Battlezone UR#1
Current Proj's:Battlezone UR#2
Cheap/Free Cabs Wanted: DK,KarateChamp,Shinobi,Ghosts&Goblins,CircusCharlie,10ydFight,PolePositnCP,RallyX,Frogger

Slseed1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2017, 10:44:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Crazy Climber manual or sound help?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 02:20:04 pm »
I know it has been 10 years since this post, but I can't believe I found someone with the exact same problem as me. My CC is looping  the audio after the game ends too and in a weird robotic sounding way. Did you ever get to the bottom of this.  I tried to read the schematic from online as well and it's just way too small and blurry.