Main > Consoles

Xbox 360 Controller Hack Tutorial -- Wireless Hack Now Available!!!

<< < (84/86) > >>

wessagussett:

--- Quote from: HaRuMaN on February 10, 2014, 08:09:06 am ---
--- Quote from: wessagussett on February 09, 2014, 06:36:32 pm ---HaRuMaN, please let me know if you still do the wired xbox 360 hacks, Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Still do, send me a PM

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I got your email today and responded to your gmail account. (Dan P, controller for my disabled brother) :)

gcb:
HaRuMaN, thank you very much for the best tutorial on doing that mod!

i'm doing an 8 button one with wireless. If all goes well, i plan to release the SCAD files for a cool 3d printed case that even has a battery bay :)

but meanwhile, i'm thinking of something more practical than the wire terminal rail... i mean, it is easy to use, but painful if you want to disconnect everything on and off (and i do plan to switch the brains with a wii or even a next gen controller later on)

the ideal solution would be something like a 20+pin with 2+ position rotary wheel, but since i'm sure i won't find that, i'm thinking of using a male/female header

my first option is a harddrive ATA cable. it will look neat but sourcing the female side is a pain.

my 2nd option is a bunch of jumper cables male/female cables attached with tape to make a big block.... since they are square they form into a block pretty easy with some tape. i did that a while ago for a easy connector for a JTAG header. but that was 6 pins only...

anyone ever done something similar? is there a better choice of connector?

PS: what sick mind coded the captcha on this site?!?!?

rmwilson:
Okay ... well here goes>>>>

I just bought a MANXT tt bike arcade machine... and my dream/ goal is to hack an xbox and xbox controller into it .. so I can play a more modern motorcycle game. Quite frankly - I don't even know where to start... the idea is to use a new LCD so that solves the monitor issue and the xbox can plug right into that ...

The thinking is that Moto GP is a game made for xbox and I would use the bike to control left and right and the throttle and brake (wire it / some how hook them into the xbox controller... ) as far as i know ( based on what i was told) they use 5k pots on the sega arcade machine...

Any thoughts how's I' start engineering this?

Can I still buy a pre modded xbox 360 controler and just seeing if i can wire it into the bike?????????

chinapaulo:
Resurrecting this thread to share my experience, having started down the path of modding an official Microsoft 360 controller over a week ago, using various online tutorials.

I'm completely new to soldering, and wow -- what a first project to choose.  Soldering wires to the official MS controller was a huge headache, especially given the D-Pad's tiny contacts.  I destroyed the first controller I tried to hack, but I kept it around for testing/practice.

It wasn't until I had successfully finished one MS controller that I came across this thread where Haruman and others eventually discuss using the Mad Catz Fight Pad (or BrawlPad) instead.  I can confirm that this is the way to go.  It's probably an order of magnitude easier than the MS controllers: I picked up two of the brawl pads from Amazon because they offered same-day delivery, and it only took me a couple of hours to wire up *both* of them.  I couldn't find an exact diagram for the PCB, but the layout similar to the regular mad catz controllers in most respects.  As discussed here, the benefits include: No analog controls; the contacts were exposed and labeled; no dealing with potentiometers or resistors or scraping off any rubber junk.

The brawl pad (and I'm assuming the fight pad, too) has a feature where you can hold down the 'back' button and the d-pad will temporarily emulate the right joystick, which is apparently necessary to select your opponent in a particular WWE game, but I imagine it might be useful in some other circumstances.  I haven't hooked it up to the full array of physical buttons or joystick yet, but finding the note about these particular gamepads really made my weekend a lot easier.  Cheers.

Now it's onto picking up one of Haruman's widescreen bartops to actually hook up and use these things.

HaRuMaN:
Nice work!  The fight is the same PCB basically, just a couple of the buttons are in different places.  Just as easy to hack.   :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version