Main > Consoles

Xbox 360 Controller Hack Tutorial -- Wireless Hack Now Available!!!

<< < (3/86) > >>

HaRuMaN:
Finished!  I like to use terminal strips, it prevents wire fatigue to the hack.  Also, it makes wiring easier, IMHO.

HaRuMaN:
Last but not least, the pin-out:

johnperkins21:

--- Quote from: HarumaN on March 08, 2007, 01:10:34 pm ---Step 6:  Now that all the points are prepared, apply some solder to each point.  You don't need a lot, and you need to make sure that you don't create any shorts.  Next, start wiring...  I find it easier if I "pre-tin" each wire before soldering it.  I apply some solder directly to the wire, and then solder the wire to the solder point on the PCB.

--- End quote ---

This is exactly what I did wrong. I pre-tinned the iron and wire, but never thought of just putting a dab of solder on the pcb to connect to. I think my tip was a little big for the project as well. Another case of making things tougher by not having the right tools for the job.

This was a great little tutorial, and I'll definitely use some of these tips if I ever try it again for myself.

HaRuMaN:

--- Quote from: johnperkins21 on March 08, 2007, 01:19:39 pm ---
--- Quote from: HarumaN on March 08, 2007, 01:10:34 pm ---Step 6:  Now that all the points are prepared, apply some solder to each point.  You don't need a lot, and you need to make sure that you don't create any shorts.  Next, start wiring...  I find it easier if I "pre-tin" each wire before soldering it.  I apply some solder directly to the wire, and then solder the wire to the solder point on the PCB.

--- End quote ---

This is exactly what I did wrong. I pre-tinned the iron and wire, but never thought of just putting a dab of solder on the pcb to connect to. I think my tip was a little big for the project as well. Another case of making things tougher by not having the right tools for the job.

This was a great little tutorial, and I'll definitely use some of these tips if I ever try it again for myself.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, my method takes some time to do... but I've never had anyone return a hacked controller.  :)

orntar:
does it really need discreet commons for every button?

can at least some of the buttons be paired down, so there aren't so many connections?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version