Main > Consoles

Xbox 360 Controller Hack Tutorial -- Wireless Hack Now Available!!!

(1/86) > >>

HaRuMaN:
Now, before I begin; a little disclaimer:  This is a difficult hack to do.  I am not responsible if you fry your controller, Xbox 360, or whatever else.  That being said, I will hack your controller for you, for a fee.    :D

Step 1:  Remove the housing.  There are 6 screws visible on the back of the controller, plus one under the serial number sticker.  Discard the buttons, pull off the analog sticks by pulling straight up, and disconnect the vibration motors.

HaRuMaN:
Step 2:  Remove the white triggers from their black plastic housing.  This requires some effort (be careful!) but is neccessary.  Once you have the triggers removed, you will need to cut away some of the black plastic to get at the solder points underneath.  You will need these for the LB and RB buttons.  I have circled the solder points in yellow, they are the same for the other button as well.

HaRuMaN:
Step 3:  Get a variable speed Dremel and a wire wheel, if you don't already have one.  They will make your life a whole lot easier.

HaRuMaN:
Step 4: Preparing A, B, X, Y, Start, Back, and Xbox buttons.  Now, as far as I can tell, there is no common ground on this controller, so you will need two wires per button.  Take the Dremel with wire wheel, set it to a low speed, and apply a gentle pressure to the black semi-circle for each button.  This takes some practice to get the needed pressure and angle of the wire wheel right.  Just be careful, and don't bare down too hard.  Once you can see a good strip of copper where the black used to be, stop.  After you finish the semi-circles, clean the area with alcohol and a Q-tip.

HaRuMaN:
These tools are handy...  free up your hands for more precise control of the Dremel and a soldering iron later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version