Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pc Steeringwheel for Dreamcast :o  (Read 8120 times)

Dream-er

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2003, 09:18:25 am
  • Arcade's the THRILL!
Pc Steeringwheel for Dreamcast :o
« on: August 08, 2003, 08:38:13 am »
Hi,

I need to figure out how to make my Pc steering wheel(MOMO Racing)work with my Dreamcast console - any good ideas on adapters or how to make it myself ???

I would really appreciate all the help I can get !!!

The reason I need to have a DC compatible PC wheel is this:

I'm making a sit-down arcade racing cabinet to play games like: F355 Challenge(DC), Metropolis Street Racer(DC), Grand Prix Legends(PC), F1-2002(PC) and netKar(PC)...and I don't like the idea of having to use two steering wheels, one for each format, in my arcade cabinet...

Any good idea's ? ::)

Regards

Morten
« Last Edit: August 08, 2003, 08:40:49 am by Dream-er »

tmasman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2024, 03:50:44 pm
  • Hello...
    • My (no so up to date) Home
Re:Pc Steeringwheel for Dreamcast :o
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 09:12:19 am »
I see a couple of options... (From the research I've been doing lately)

There is a converter that allows you to use a Dreamcast controller with a PC (I found it at Level6.com).
With this you could use a Dreamcast Steering wheel with your PC as well...

Or you can get a couple of Playstation converters... (PS->PC & PS->DC) and use a Playstation Steering wheel.

I haven't seen ANY options to use computer controllers with console systems... PC hardware is always so different (hence all the stinking driver issues with every new piece of hardware). Honestly I don't know if you'll find anything to conect your PC wheel to the DC.

But by all means, if you do find a solution please post it here!!! (And since I hadn't specifically been digging for this idea, I'll keep my eyes open as well)

Good luck.
I'm not a freak!...
Oh wait...
Yes I am...

Spaced Invader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2008, 07:27:49 am
  • Resistance is... probably a good idea.
Re:Pc Steeringwheel for Dreamcast :o
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 09:31:33 am »
Duct Tape...  ;D

Seriously, you can't. To paraphrase Tmas, PC controllers aren't standardized. That's why any new controller for your PC also requires a driver. Console controllers on the other hand, interface with the system for which they were designed in a pre-defined manner...no driver required.

Tmas gave you the best advice you are going to get...console controller with an adapter for PC compatibility. And even then it's not a sure thing...no controller specific driver. But with the right combination of adapter and controller, it CAN be done.

Someone, correct me if I'm wrong--Howard?  ;D
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!