Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Must have Dreamcast and PSOne games  (Read 81462 times)

kumo5656

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2016, 01:04:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Must have Dreamcast and PSOne games
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2016, 11:04:31 pm »
As expensive as the PS1 Final Fantasy games are, I still suggest you get all three. The Final Fantasy games truly are works of art. The PS1 games include 7, 8, and 9. In case you get scammed, you should know that Final Fantasy 7 has 3 discs, and Final Fantasy 8 and 9 both have 4 discs. As for Dreamcast games, you should definitely get the Sonic Adventure games. And before you buy these next ones, you should look them up as they are not for everyone. These games are Space Channel 5 and Samba De Amigo. They are a bit weird for some but I enjoyed them. Have fun!  ;D

pixelMECH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2018, 02:12:46 pm
  • yes...i know...of course...yes...uhm, what u said?
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2018, 09:11:08 pm »
i wonder that nobody did mention Einhander for PS1 already? or did i read too fast? but you won't get this gem of a game cheap today because it was only sold in japan and USA and today it's very rare. glad that i still own it. others: every Ridge Racer/Rage Racer, every Wipeout, Soul Edge aka Soul Blade, every Biohazard aka Resident Evil, Air Combat/Ace Combat. edit: forgot to add Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX, Gran Turismo 1 & 2.

for my opinion Virtua Fighter 3tb and Sega Rally 2 were bad parts on the DC compared to the model 3 originals but VF 3tb was a much better conversion than SR 2 and could be worth a look because it's cheap to get.

other good games where Headhunter, Shotuko Battle 1/2 (aka Tokyo Extreme Racer 1/2), Metropolis Street Racer, Shenmue I & II (expensive, rare), Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2 (both fighting games are far ahead in positive ways -fun and technical-  from VF 3tb), Airforce Delta (aka Deadly Skies), Power Stone, Marvel vs Capcom I/II, House of Dead 2, Biohazard CV aka Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Daytona USA 2001 and there's except of both Shenmue's another rare, expensive gamte to collect: Skies of Arcadia, one of the last great SEGA games - great japanese style RPG. edit: added SEGA GT (Gran Turismo contender, but has not the quality GT has in fact of car controls but makes also fun to play. the european version has more car manufacturers and of course cars then), Le Mans 24h from Infogrames, another great racing game and in my opinion it has the best graphics for a car racer on DC. also Killer Loop was a great Wipeout rival and was made good. i also forgot to mention Crazy Taxi 1 & 2.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:37:46 am by pixelMECH »
pixelMECH stands not only for my gaming history - it also stands for my love to be creative (beeing an 3D artist for rendered visuals/CGIs as a freelancer)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2018, 09:43:00 am »
i wonder that nobody did mention Einhander for PS1 already?

Yeap about 9 years ago :p

I can't believe no one has mentioned Einhander (PS1)!  It is a GREAT side scrolling pseudo-3D shooter.

Shotuko/Tokyo is great, if you want a laugh find the Gameboy Advance version, its terrible.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

JosephFelice

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2018, 05:17:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2018, 12:13:45 am »
Illbleed, Blue Stinger, D2, Power Stone, and Power Stone 2. The only game affordable now for most people is blue stinger. The other games are priced high now a days. Illbleed I believe is the most expensive of the bunch and for good reason. It's probably the best of the bunch but Blue Stinger which was made by the same people is no slouch either. Blue Stinger definitely inspired games like Dead Rising and in some ways Dead Space with the enemies looking similar. I'm sure all these games have been recommended for Dreamcast already. If you don't have illbleed in your collection already you probably won't ever. I think the game is like 80 or 100 bucks online for a complete NTSC-U copy.