Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Compiling emu src code  (Read 782 times)

joeblade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2016, 06:14:44 am
  • Game on .. dude's
Compiling emu src code
« on: April 08, 2003, 12:43:23 am »
What a day ... the 3 emulators I currently have configured on my CAB PC (mame, vice and z26 (atari 2600)) I have just managed to get all compiling successfully (the produced exe's even run !)

Now I can start tinkering ....

I have to say, it only took me about 2 nights to get all 3 done. I was surprised at how easy it all was, well done to the authors !

The hardest bit was finding a copy of masm (to compile z26) on the net, and even that was fairly trivial.

After such a satisfying day, just thought I would send this post.

:D

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
Re:Compiling emu src code
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 02:46:09 am »
Yeah, I'm suprised at how many people won't even try to compile mame because they think you have to be a programmer.  It's just following directions, you don't have to have programming knowledge.  And then people do this because they found a hack somewhere and that person lays out instructions for how to do the hack.  Unless something goes wrong there, no programming knowledge is needed.  And if something does go wrong there are plenty of people here and the mame compiling board to help.

Heck, I am pretty cood at explaining technical stuff to people.  Just ask me.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 02:46:41 am by SirPoonga »