Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jukebox skin and album cover size  (Read 2773 times)

tylergreenwood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2007, 01:28:08 am
Jukebox skin and album cover size
« on: February 26, 2007, 03:06:43 am »
I went back to the beginning of the forum and didn't find anything on this.  I'm just wondering if there is any way to make the album covers scale down without squishing them horizontally.  Right now it looks like they're being scaled down by 50% vertically and 55% horizontally (just random percentages to demonstrate my point) and resulting in rectangular covers instead of square.  The other problem this poses is that any rectangular album covers (ie: digipaks, singles, taller cases) are horribly out of shape and they look really bad.  Is there any way to make it scale them to, perhaps, a certain width and then scale them vertically in relation to that?  Say it has to scale down from 500 pixels to 250 pixels horizontally (50%) so then it scales the vertical pixels to 50% as well.

MrD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2020, 04:34:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Jukebox skin and album cover size
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 08:18:45 am »
My guess is that the aspect ratio is off.  I think it's in jukebox.ini, right near the top (as I recall).  I'd try changing that and see if it makes a difference.   That's just a guess mind you, but I think it affects how the images are adjusted.   I'm sure Chris will be much more helpful on this matter.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Jukebox skin and album cover size
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:57:15 am »
Album covers are always stretched to a perfect square after adjusting for aspect ratio, so yes, rectangular images will end up looking bad.  MrD is probably right that the aspect ratio overall is not set correctly for you.  If you have a widescreen monitor you need to calculate your aspect ratio and set MonitorAspectRatio in jukebox.ini to that value.  For example, if you have a 16:9 monitor, your aspect ratio is 16 divided by 9 or 1.777.  Thus, you would have MonitorAspectRatio=1.777 in jukebox.ini.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com