Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: VoodooMachine Marquee  (Read 2067 times)

CustomArcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2003, 10:38:34 pm
  • Who's Your User?
    • VoodooMachine
VoodooMachine Marquee
« on: April 06, 2003, 03:09:12 pm »
Alright My Marquee has went thru a couple of incarnations.

Originally I was going to mount an LED scrolling Marquee Display but After I got the LED MARQUEE I decided to nix that Idea (I may end up putting it in the cab to tell the game name but I'm Not sure yet.

So I have decide to order a 7" TFT Display, That way I can have the game running on it so peeps standing watching can see the game (or I can have the TV running on it while playing.) anyway I have started think about how to do it and I drew a couple of crude pics to help people visualize it.

http://home.indy.rr.com/voodoomachine/images/MARQUEEplans.gif

The gears on the marquee work with a clock motor...Any suggestions?

Oh btw stay tune for the LASERS in my cab :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2003, 03:10:13 pm by CustomArcade »
"Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomically against it."

GearHead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2022, 11:24:59 am
  • need more gear...
Re:VoodooMachine Marquee
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 03:20:12 pm »

Very cool idea.  In addition to mirroring the game being played you could also display the name of the game, which controls to use and other stuff.  The TFT display is much classier than a LED display.