Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neo Geo Candy 26 sit down arcade cabinet w/ trisync VGA monitor!  (Read 8480 times)

eastbayarb

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2013, 12:15:06 pm
Neo Geo Candy 26 sit down arcade cabinet w/ trisync VGA monitor!
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:39:37 am »
**IF THE AD IS STILL UP, I STILL HAVE IT!!!***

I have for sale a Neo Geo Candy 26 arcade cabinet. This cabinet is rare, unlike many of the candy/sit down cabinets you will see. It has the rare feature of including a trisync montor which has a VGA/D-Sub plug for a PC, Dreamcast, or any source that takes VGA! The monitor needs readjustment (convervence, I was told. I just don't have time to do it), and I can give you some docs that will help you out with that. I have included pictures of the cabinet, and I have even added 6 microswitch pushbuttons (I can give you the old sanwa buttons that it originally came with. The cabinet also features a coin door/slot and JAMMA harness, ready to plug into any JAMMA board (not included), and keys for locking the front, back, and coin doors. I would love to keep it, but I need the money for school and also it's taking up too much space in my room (I got a new job and need the room for work).

Price for this unit is $500. You will have to bring a truck and a few friends (I live in the city of Point Richmond off of highway 580 in the east bay area) because this sucker is heavy! It is down a small flight of stairs so it's not so bad. Pictures are of the actual unit you will recieve. CASH ONLY, NO TRADES OF ANY KIND!

Email me DIRECTLY at eastbayarb@gmail.com  NO PRIVATE MESSAGES! (oh, I have good trader status at this site and great ebay feedback) .I need to part with this before this comming Tuesday when I start my new job.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:15:44 am by eastbayarb »

SouthernFist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2008, 03:17:20 am
Re: Neo Geo Candy 26 sit down arcade cabinet w/ trisync VGA monitor!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:42:46 am »
free bump for a great guy and outstanding seller. Someone should snatch this up.

Goz

• KOTA
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2020, 02:23:18 am
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 03:20:17 am »
Bump for a nice cab that should go to a good home....

wfg97079

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2023, 10:11:50 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:58:55 pm »
where is the east bay?

TheRed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 17, 2010, 12:40:19 pm
  • Always help people.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 07:40:55 pm »
where is the east bay?

East Bay Area...Northern California

wfg97079

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2023, 10:11:50 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 10:17:08 am »
Should have known it was the wrong coast :)

segasonicfan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2020, 02:34:26 am
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 06:24:51 am »
I bought this cab and the convergence ring was BROKEN, literally missing parts.  Part of the glass was chipped at the end as well as one of the pins on the tube being bent from someone jamming on the neck board.  The plastic around the pins was broken too.

I asked Antonio for a small partial refund since his ad clearly says NEEDS ADJUSTMENT and he is saying he will not even consider it.   

:angry:

Just warning folks, dont deal with this guy...

-Segasonicfan
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:06:11 pm by segasonicfan »

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 10:15:44 am »
So, how bad of a problem is this? Is the monitor useable in its current shape? Is it repairable? If so, at what cost.
To be fair, he stated there was a problem and he may not have knew of the physical damage. It is technically your responsibility to inspect the known problem before buying.

segasonicfan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 11:52:30 am »
The monitor needs readjustment (convervence, I was told. I just don't have time to do it), and I can give you some docs that will help you out with that.

He says very clearly it needs readjustment, not that it has broken parts.  Readjusting doesn't cost me anything and I am fine with that.  Replacing broken parts does and all I am asking is that he pays for the replacement part.

Obviously if the monitor was useable in its current shape I wouldn't care about any partial refund. 
I did inspect it before buying too, unfortunately I should have inspected it more than I did.  The monitor booted up though and convergence was indeed off, so I took his word for it.

There are 3 broken parts, only one of which makes the monitor not usable:

1) Broken convergence ring- one of the tabs is literally gone and has been broken off.  This is the major problem.

2) Broken plastic and glass at the base of the neck (apparently someone didn't know how to attach the neck board and broke it).

3) Bent (almost broken) pin at the input on the glass

These problems are not easily seen due to the neck board covering them. 

Anyway, all I'm asking is for him to cover the replacement convergence ring, not even the broken glass/plastic/pin.  I think this is pretty reasonable since he clearly stated that the monitor only needed adjustment (and not broken, as is, etc.)

-Segasonicfan
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:07:18 pm by segasonicfan »

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 12:43:04 pm »
As to not continue crapping up the BAD TRADER thread I moved this response and my reply here...

Not hostile,  honest.

The BIG CAPS are not necessary for an honest and informative reply.

Think about what you just said...you are willing to risk others not wanting to work deals with you because you are "difficult" over a $15.00 item?   Do whatever you want my friend,  but IMHO this issue falls squarely on you.

Well that's just it- that's your opinion.  And if people reading this think I am a bad buyer/trader/seller because of this than they probably aren't people I would want to do business with anyway.  Plus I have plenty of feedback all over the place.

...and again, please don't take my initial post as "hostile"...it wasn't intended to come off that way, but instead to demonstrate the fact that in this case,  it's not right to call Antonio a bad trader as the deal went as it was supposed to.

Again, your opinion.  and the deal went as it was supposed to???  He sold me a cab with a broken monitor when he stated it only needed adjustment.  This isn't exactly a tough one to grasp..

Have a nice day.

That seems extremely condescending by the way.

-Segasonicfan

Segasonicfan,  it is getting more and more clear that you are upset with yourself for not being a diligent buyer and you are taking it out on the seller.  Again "buyer beware" applies here.  The guy was open enough to allow you to inspect the equipment on sight.  When you agreed to purchase said equipment and handed him the money,  the deal was DONE.  To give this guy a bad trader post because he isn't willing to renegotiate the terms after you have taken posession was just wrong.  Because you are upset at yourself for not properly inspecting the stated issue you have decided to take it out on the seller,  who,  evidently,  was more than willing to allow you to inspect said item.  To attack me for pointing this out only underscores this fact.

While I am not saying this is anywhere near true,  but what is to say that the neck got damaged during transit from his location to yours?  What is to say you didn' t drop the cabinet while hauling it up to your place?  What is to say that lightning didn't strike the neck breaking the plastic?  YES...these are absurd statements for sure,  but I am trying to point out that once you take possession of the item and hand him the cash,  IT IS YOURS...the deal is done...kaput...finis'... and to whine about the deal after the fact there only makes you look bad (again IMHO).

I hope you have learned something from this transaction...I know I did,  and for that I thank you.

And BTW...please please please do have a nice day!

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 01:30:21 pm »
So, you are saying the problem is a replaceable, $15 part right? Well that sure sounds like an "adjustment" to me. You got the cabinet for $500, which is a really good price for what you got. Get your part, repair the monitor, be happy.

However, it does seem odd that Eastbay wouldn't have went ahead and gave you $15. He is a good trader on here with a good rep. Therefor, I have to assume that you approached him about the subject in a negative manner that pissed him off, or you asked for more than just the $15 part.

TheRed

• Offline Offline
  • Always help people.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 07:07:37 pm »
Segasonicfan,  it is getting more and more clear that you are upset with yourself for not being a diligent buyer and you are taking it out on the seller.  Again "buyer beware" applies here.  The guy was open enough to allow you to inspect the equipment on sight.  When you agreed to purchase said equipment and handed him the money,  the deal was DONE.

I agree and disagree...I don't think he is mad at himself for not looking more, but rather mad at himself for trusting someone he didn't really know who was obviously holding back information on the extent of damage on this monitor. I do think it's his fault for not looking at it closer when he had the chance.

Here's a clue, though.  When a fix should only take 10 minutes... and it hasn't been done... THERE'S A REASON.

QFT

and the reason why I can say this, it happend to me. Dumb ass, all excited, trusting the other guy who's all into gaming....not knowing he's holding back hoping to get out with the money.

BUT....I can totally see this segasonic guy contacting him yelling and screaming about how he lied and stuff...causing him to tell him to F-off or something, lol.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:10:49 pm by TheRed »

segasonicfan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 07:15:24 pm »
So, you are saying the problem is a replaceable, $15 part right? Well that sure sounds like an "adjustment" to me. You got the cabinet for $500, which is a really good price for what you got. Get your part, repair the monitor, be happy.

Replacing a broken part is not an "adjustment."  Why is this so difficult for people to understand??  $500 also is not a really good price especially considering the other minor things it's missing- Sanwa controllers were taken out (no he will not give me back the originals of those either) coin mech is missing, JAMMA harness needed fixing (was missing pin and actually broke one of my boards), lock for marquee light has no key and needs replacing, missing marquee light, replaced beaten up control panel, etc etc.  Most of these are normal issues though so there is no reason to bother the seller about them (other than to simply ask if he has any of the parts missing laying around at home).  Just noting that this cab is not any sort of sweet deal.  The main reason I bought it was for the supposedly working trisync monitor.

However, it does seem odd that Eastbay wouldn't have went ahead and gave you $15. He is a good trader on here with a good rep. Therefor, I have to assume that you approached him about the subject in a negative manner that pissed him off, or you asked for more than just the $15 part.

That is an assumption.  I did not approach him in a negative manner.  I can post my email here later if you would like.

BUT....I can totally see this segasonic guy contacting him yelling and screaming about how he lied and stuff...causing him to tell him to F-off or something, lol.

I didn't do anything like that.  I have had deals go sour before (been trading online for years) and I don't respond immaturely like that.  I simply sent a polite email requesting some sort of partial refund or his help finding the broken part.

Okay so I'll say this one last time people: needing adjustment does not mean it needs broken parts replaced to work.  This just really isn't that complicated.  The problem was not easy to find and I did inspect the cab before buying it.  Where I come from it is the seller's responsibility to honestly describe an item for sale.  If the listing had said AS IS, BROKEN, etc. I wouldn't be here right now.  It was not, and as such I don't believe it was an honest sale.  That's all there is to it.

-Segasonicfan
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:19:20 pm by segasonicfan »

TheRed

• Offline Offline
  • Always help people.
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 07:46:02 pm »

Okay so I'll say this one last time people: needing adjustment does not mean it needs broken parts replaced to work. 

-Segasonicfan

that's true. I think you have every right to complain.

eastbayarb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2013, 12:15:06 pm
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 11:47:20 pm »
First, there was no verbal or written contract for the purchase of the cab, nor was there anything discussed or implied concerning a refund or partial refund contigent on the dissatisfaction after purchase. The buyer looked at the cab outside and inside, started adjusting whatever inside in front of me (it started looking better once he did whatever he did which was beyond my expertise, hence the quote in my ad, "The monitor needs readjustment (convervence, I was told. I just don't have time to do it),") I never flat out refused to give this guy an part of his purchase price back. I stated in an email quote,

"As far as a refund or whatever, that wasn't a part of our agreement nor did I mention this in my ad. I said in my ad that I would give links on fixing it and I can't really offer any other support because I simply don't know about these kinds of machines."  I never said "I wouldn't even consider it", so that claim is slanderous at best.

I was originally asking $500, but I sold the unit at $400 due to the fact that I needed to move it (and other items) out of my house due to the move I was involved in, and the fact that I didn't have the time nor knowledge on how to properly repair it and I made this very clear. If there were any broken parts or anthing he didn't like, he should not have bought the unit. He thoroughly inspected and tested (I hooked up a dreamcast to the monitor) /adjusted the unit/monitor and he bought it anyways. I concur with FizzleFried when he said the buyer should have been more diligent before buying. To reinterate again, the buyer looked at this unit inside and out. I gave him back the sanwa buttons as I promised I would. It really is unfortunate that what happened happened, but this is and was out of my hands as far as the condition of the unit. When you choose to buy something without legally binding, written contract
complete with terms of purchase, signatures, and such (I provided some high quality pics of this unit to the buyer), you assume any kind of risk before, during, and after purchase.

shardian,

it wasn't about how he approached me (when I do business, it's never personal, and I choose to conduct business like a gentleman. If things go wrong, I try to handle things in a civil manner rather than just flying off the handle and making accusations), it's just that he assumed that I would give him a refund, when I told him we didn't discuss any contingency, I didn't flat out refuse as the buyer claims, I just explained that refunds were never discussed.

pinballjim,

he got the cabinet for $400 (I lowered it due to the convergence issue and the fact that I needed to get it out of my house since I was moving). A fix that may take 10 minutes as you say to a professional, may take much longer for someone that doesn't know what they are doing (in my case I didn't and I didn't want to attempt to modify anything like this causing damage to the unit or myself). The buyer seemed to know what he was getting into when he started adjusting the monitor and especially after I asked him if he could fix it and ESPECIALLY after he loaded it into his truck and paid for it.

TheRed,

I didn't withold any info. The buyer looked at the unit inside and out as I stated. If he didn't like it, he should not have bought it. There was no obligation. The seller was pretty adimant about buying it because he didn't show up the day before to buy it and I could have sold it to someone else that inquired, but he bought it the next morning.

segasonicfan,

I am sorry that this transaction didn't work out as you planned but I was very clear about everything. You are not being truthful because I gave you back the sanwa buttons (the ball top sticks are still there), you looked at the cab inside and our so you should have seen any missing/broken parts if any, I told you no marquee light or key was present (should have been obvious anyways). You looked at the cab quite extensively and I provided descriptions and pictures so nothing should have come to any surprise (especially since you bought it anyways). If there was any doubts about the cab, you should not have bought it. Pure and simple.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 11:57:56 pm by eastbayarb »

Goz

• KOTA
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2020, 02:23:18 am
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 12:33:00 am »
Speaking as someone who has had some interaction with Antonio in the past I wouldn't ever do business with the guy. I'm not trying to polute or thread poisen as I believe this crap belongs in the bad seller thread and not in the living BST threads. I wont go into details on my interaction here but if someone wants to know I am available via PM.

I do believe that SegaSonic was likely blinded by lust of a sexy cab and probably just took the guy at his word and didnt look at the unit close enough. It is the buyers fault for not checking out the cab more thouroughly.

Just my .02

tetsu96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2009, 10:53:24 pm
  • MAME On...
    • My Old Cabinet / MAME32 build site
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 12:37:27 am »
Wow, the Bad Traders thread got more than a bit ugly.

Quote from: segasonicfan
The problem was not easy to find and I did inspect the cab before buying it.  Where I come from it is the seller's responsibility to honestly describe an item for sale.

It doesn't sound like there was any cover up for hardware issues.  If this was an issue that EB didn't know about, then what makes him dishonest?  Maybe the tech that told him the convergence needed adjustment didn't check as well as he could have, but that doesn't really make much of a difference at this point.  If it's just a $15 part, then what's the big deal?  $100 off the top just to make the deal go through should more than cover it.

Not that you mentioned that he took off $100 of course when addressing other issues.

Quote from: segasonicfan
$500 also is not a really good price especially considering the other minor things it's missing- Sanwa controllers were taken out (no he will not give me back the originals of those either) coin mech is missing, JAMMA harness needed fixing (was missing pin and actually broke one of my boards), lock for marquee light has no key and needs replacing, missing marquee light, replaced beaten up control panel, etc etc.

Quote from: eastbayarb
You are not being truthful because I gave you back the sanwa buttons (the ball top sticks are still there), you looked at the cab inside and our so you should have seen any missing/broken parts if any, I told you no marquee light or key was present (should have been obvious anyways).

Sounds to me like he did go out of his way to make you happy between taking money off the top and providing parts / allowing for a thorough inspection.  Sure, it sucks that the monitor isn't perfectly converged / has damage, but you got a good price on the cab and got extra buttons to boot.  If you want a warranty, get a new monitor from a company that supports them.  Or get it serviced by a professional if it is in working / fixable condition - just stay away from whoever EB used. ;)

I don't know if the BT thread gets cleaned up when issues get worked out, but this issue doesn't sound like it belongs there unless SSF gets special mention for trying to squeeze the seller after the transaction.

Even on sale, the Betson 27" goes for $400 after shipping / tax.  You got a candy cab with a  tri-sync monitor for that much.  And you're calling the seller a cheat / liar...  talk about your sour grapes...

segasonicfan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 12:47:23 am »
'm not trying to polute or thread poisen as I believe this crap belongs in the bad seller thread and not in the living BST threads.

I completely agree.  I only wanted to bump it once.  I was not expecting this slew of responses and I would prefer to keep this all in the Bad Trader thread too.

and talking about price point and cost is just a baseless argument.  This isn't about how much he sold the cab for, what it's worth, how much a betson costs, etc.  That is just a silly thing to bring up over and over again.

and for the record a Betson comes with a MUCH better chassis and tube.  It is also new, the tube is a flat CRT, etc etc.  Not a very good comparison.

Please lets let this be the last post on this thread.  Enough has been said here and this can just stay in the Bad Trader forum.  Antonio has put in his word and I have put in mine so lets just let this thread die.

-Segasonicfan

davieboynj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2011, 01:32:09 am
  • Eating your legs solves lifes little problems.
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 03:56:46 pm »
and talking about price point and cost is just a baseless argument.  This isn't about how much he sold the cab for, what it's worth, how much a betson costs, etc.  That is just a silly thing to bring up over and over again.

I'd have to completely agree with this.  If i were selling something on this board, i would be extremely honest about condition...  I have a few items that i want to unload that i haven't just because i don't want to burden someone with a similar problem, if i described the items completely honestly, i wouldn't get jack for them. 

One time i bought a batch of parts from a member on the forum, and they described the condition of a certain part as "only minor scratches".  When i rec'd the item it not only was COVERED with scratches, but also had several chunks taken out in places.  The truth of the matter is, i still got a good deal on all the parts i received, but the point was that i was deceived, and in my case i was primarily interested in the one part. 

It has NOTHING to do with whether you got a deal or not. 

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 06:34:39 pm »

One time i bought a batch of parts from a member on the forum, and they described the condition of a certain part as "only minor scratches".  When i rec'd the item it not only was COVERED with scratches, but also had several chunks taken out in places.  The truth of the matter is, i still got a good deal on all the parts i received, but the point was that i was deceived, and in my case i was primarily interested in the one part.   

The huge difference between your situation and Sega's is that Sega inspected the item in person before purchase.  It's not like he bought it via ebay and it was delivered all screwed up.  He bought it IN PERSON and had plenty of time to poke around and look at things.
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 08:23:28 pm »
The only question I have left is if you weren't knowledgeable on the subject, why would you even touch the convergence rings? I don't know jack about them, thus I don't come near them, especially with the monitor on.

segasonicfan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 07:53:06 am »
I thought we were going to let this thread die?  Please read the post from April 9th.  Everything is documented in a new thread. 

-Segasonicfan