Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mario Bros in Red !  (Read 58442 times)

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
Re: Mario Bros in Red !
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2008, 03:48:49 am »
Looking at the pictures again, it looks like the control/sound PCB isn't in the way at all. It looks to be fully inside the cab, I could cut the wood a bit further to the right and don't have to move that PCB. But pictures can be wrong....ah well, we'll see how it goes....

O and for those who might missed it

I am looking for a Mario Bros. wiring harness !!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:59:50 pm by Level42 »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2008, 06:03:35 pm »
Anyway....let's continue.....since I always start on the front side and then drag my feet to do the backside, I started to reverse things this time :)

First some sanding:

Then some primer:

Hope the white primer will work with the black paint.....

By the way, am I the only one who seems to spend more time to clean the tools and hands then the actual painting ?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:05:32 pm by Level42 »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2008, 05:39:18 am »
Good news, good news ! Found a MB harness :) Thanks Wunder !

Guys, I'm a bit worried. I keep having visions of having this cab with a rotating monitor. It's probably impossible because the cab's not wide enough but in dreams everything is possible..... :D

I won a pretty cheap but fully working (tested it) DKjr. bootleg board and I would LOVE to be able to play it in this cab. (Who knows maybe a Double DK even ?)

Now, the Nintendo joysticks are great in this way that you cannot see from the outside wether it's 2 way or 4 way. The only difference is the restrictor plate and the extra microswitches (& wiring of course). There's no need to hack the CP for it, it moves within the same position.

I could easily convert the left joystick to 4 way, allowing it to play both games.

But the monitor _is_ of course the issue. Sure enough, when I'm finished I can rotate the monitor by hand from the back, but that's not too practical of course...

Also, the bootleg board outputs a none-inverted video signal. The origianl MB board-set that I have will output inverted video (if it works....), so there's an extra challenge there, but that's also solvable.

I know it would be almost impossible, but it keeps bugging me :D

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2008, 04:44:53 pm »
Crossed my mind while working on the monitor: those Nintendo cabs are WAY too low ! They're the lowest cab I've seen so far and when I look at the monitor (in horizontal position !) through the bezel, I see it only half-way. I'm not overly tall (1,85 m.) but I will really have to bend to see the entire screen. When the monitor is in vertical position it's even worse !

Probably because the Japanese are generally small people ?

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2008, 04:39:00 am »
YEAAAAAHHHH, the wiring harness has started on it's journey across the Atlantic  :applaud: :applaud:

Thank you Wundercade !  :cheers:

WunderCade

• Hey Saint, wanna update my custom title? ;D
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2023, 07:54:12 am
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2008, 12:56:35 pm »
No problem Level42, glad I could assist.  :cheers:

With Nintendo cabs...I almost always use a stool to play them. Because of how short they are. Even so, they're still my favorite style cab.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:00:46 pm by WunderCade »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2008, 10:48:38 am »
Soooo, I finished the 2nd layer of paint three days ago. It doesn't look as shiny as the flash makes it look like, but I still think it's pretty shiny for a semi-gloss paint. Will try another brand next time I guess.

Anyway, it looks a LOT better than it was:

Wunder, the harness arrived yesterday but I wasn't at home. Thanks for the quick shipping !  :applaud: :applaud: Picked it up from the neighbors as soon as I got home from work and  naturally I wired everything up for a test-drive:

Finally I would know if the "untested " Mario Bros. PCB that I bought over half a year ago from internet would do anything at all.......well:

YES  !!!! It runs absolutely perfect !, picture, sound, inputs everything is fine ! I guess the arcade-gods were somewhat pleased with my restorations and thought I deserved a bit of luck this time.

Well the guy who sold me this PCB said it was pulled from a working machine and then stored for years and that he thought there would be a reasonable chance for it to still work, but yet I expected the worst (but hoped the best of course).

Played my first game, but I had to switch control connectors because the P1 jump button is stuck and left is not working. Pretty clumsly to start a game that way.

About the monitor: It looks A-MA-ZING ! Colors. focus everything looks like new ! The only thing I notice is a very slight wiggle in the screen. Nothing a cap-kit won't fix I guess.

What a great project this is so far ! Amazing progress within weeks :) Gotta go, more later !
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:37:14 pm by Level42 »

WunderCade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2008, 06:04:56 pm »
Alright!!! :cheers:

Glad to see you got it soo quickly. I don't know what the fuss about shipping to Holland was about. It was no hassle at all. I only had to fill out that little US Customs card and that was it. I'd have no problems doing it again if needed. I'm also glad to see the harness worked out for you. And that your PCB is working. Nice job so far.

-Don
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:33:07 pm by WunderCade »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2008, 06:31:32 pm »
Well, after getting it working I replaced the TL-light fixture with an el-cheapo one from the Gamma (DIY store here). Those cheap one's are always to long for cabs, but I simply remove the tube holders, ballast and starter and mount them on the wood. Throw away the metal frame. Of course this way I also need a shorter tube. I got a warm-colored one this time, of course those are a bit more expensive but it looks better.

I put back the marquee and the retainers, also the bezel and re-installed the cleaned T-molding. So it's playabel now. I must say it's very addictive, even in one player. I can't seem to reach level 11 !  :banghead:

Co-op play is mega-fun !!!

After playing it's time for work again:

I started to open up the cage of the monitor to have a look. No-one seems to either have or even know this monitor. It's not a 20EZ. This was probably the model that preceded it. It may be the 20C or 20-DZC....

Anyway, you can find pics of all the monitor parts here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=80668.msg849629#msg849629

If anyone has any info ( a manual !!!???) about it that would be great.

There is really no need for me to cap-kit it. The picture is absolutely brilliant. The only thing I need to adjust still is the width of the picture. That control is not on the little PCB with all the pots.

Tomorrow I will saw the cage so it will fit in the cab in both horizontal and vertical postions.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2008, 10:18:04 am »
OK, though the KLOV forum I found out that the monitor uses the same PCB as the 14" Sanyo. So that's solved and Atari was nice enough to make an excellent manual for that monitor.

I did the "operation" today, and it turned out OK:

Now it fits :) ! I secured the left side to the bottom shelve to give it a bit more stability, but otherwise it's very sturdy. Now at least I can close the cab again.

Adjusted the monitor completely. The bad thing is that the width coil won't go "far enough" to make the picture as wide as needed....would a new one fix this or do I have to change something else ?

arcadefever

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2009, 09:45:05 pm
  • Miami Beach Florida
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2008, 01:21:13 am »
 :applaud: very nice !!! happy to see the PCB working after many years of storage  ;)

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »
:applaud: very nice !!! happy to see the PCB working after many years of storage  ;)
Thanks fever... :) Yeah I really expected the board-set to have at least some problems but it's still running 100% :)

Now I gotta make up my mind on how to restore the sides and kickpanel......should I paint it completely or just "touch-up" the bad parts..... I fear of loosing the "original" look of the laminate when I paint it....
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:47:00 am by Level42 »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2008, 04:13:19 am »
If anyone ever needs the exact replacement for the Nintendo coin mechs:

http://www.asahiseikousa.com/html/roll_downkwm740.html

Amazingly, they are still in production and look exactly like they did 27 years ago :)
They are a bit costly, $38,- from what I've read elsewhere...but they're all aluminium so NO rust :)

Does anybody know a dealer ?

I found a dealer in Indonesia that has all the spare parts for this mech listed but I don't feel really comfy about ordering there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:20:51 pm by Level42 »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2008, 05:06:40 pm »
Some updates:

I loosened the sound/control board to see what cap values I needed to re-cap it. Well it was a nightmare to get it loose because of the (much too) long bolts that I needed the nuts to un-screw off. This plus the fact that Nintendo obviously was scared this PCB could come loose in transport and they put some really sticky stuff on it to hold the nuts.

Got all three loose eventually and wrote down the values. Then I put it back in place and fired up the machine again.......no picture. Stupid me ! I had removed the neck-board from the CRT to be able to reach the control/sound board better and forgot to put it back  :banghead:

Powered down, re-installed the neck-board and powered up again. No vertical deflection anymore, no sound anymore  :banghead: :banghead:

After some searching I found out that a soldering had come loose. Resoldered it and had perfect picture again. Sure was glad it was just that !

However, the sound now sounded like it was constantly "tripping". Only some peaks seemed to "get through".

I checked out my local electronics parts dealers' catalogue and decided instead of trying to revive the old sound board, I would replace it with a much more modern solution:

http://www.vellemanusa.com/us/enu/product/view/?id=350529

A small and cheap kit, a simple one IC amp. (For just €9.95 I couldn't justify trying to get the old-amp working again (and maybe fail).

I connected the 7P-Sound connector (+12V and GND, thanks Ken) as supply for the amp, since that connector is only used for the old-style DK boards. I removed the volume pot from the control board and set it up in the ingoing line. It worked great, but it was very loud :) I'll need a logarithmic pot I guess or a different value...
Turned it down, and now it sounds fine. Although there is still some small hum. I guess this must be picked up in the board-set someway. However it is much,much less than it was.

I'll put up some pics when I finished it installing neatly.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 05:09:25 pm by Level42 »

WunderCade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 01:34:55 am »
Is the monitor a SanyoEZ that came in the cab with that wood case or is it something else? Is MB video inverted like DK?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:42:10 am by WunderCade »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 06:35:16 am »
No, it is not an EZ. This was an earlier generation Sanyo. After long looking some guys at KLOV identified it as the Sanyo 14" PCB set. The only model ID I could find on the monitor itself said "20C".

Here's a link to a thread in the monitor section I started about this monitor, lots of pictures there:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=80668.0

Atari made a nice Service Manual for that monitor and indeed the video schematic seems to be correct largely (although I've found some small errors/differences). However, the combined control/sound board is not described in that manual.

Yes Mario also uses inverted video.
Are you still looking for a EZ Wunder ? I think if I were you, I'd look for a video inversion board from a EZ. There have to be some people who have removed these from their EZ. And then use a regular monitor.

On the other hand, the Sanyo does look like a very good quality monitor, the picture is like new on mine.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:37:12 am by Level42 »

WunderCade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2008, 10:50:30 pm »
Yes, I am still looking for one. I have recapped Sanyos and WG's and by far the Sanyo seems to recover to almost like new after recapping. It's a great monitor. I do have a spare K4600 monitor, but like you said, I'd have to get an inverter board and fashion the mounting for it. It seems there was always Sanyos for sale just prior to me needing one, I guess that's life, huh.

Could you post a pic of how you set up your Marquee splice? I think I am going to do it your way.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2008, 02:33:40 pm »
Could you post a pic of how you set up your Marquee splice? I think I am going to do it your way.

What exactly do you mean with the marquee splice ?

I found this GREAT thread about a red Radar Scope that got converted to a DK. IMHO that is the only PROPER cab to put all that red-colored artwork in. The artwork was clearly designed for that red cab ! What "crazy-fool" at Nintendo decided it had to be changed to light blue ????

The proof: Bruno used the repro CPO to have the color scanned and the paint was a 100% color match for the sides !!!

I hope he has the color-code for that brand/machine......or maybe he has some paint left ? :D

Anyway, enjoy:

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=339.0
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 02:37:25 pm by Level42 »

WunderCade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2008, 01:12:46 pm »
I should've been more specific...sorry Andre.

What I mean is, can you show a pic of how you hooked up your replacement marquee light to the existing power supply? With  perhaps a explanation so we can duplicate it if we ever need to replace the original Nintendo light.

Thanks. :cheers:

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2008, 03:51:21 pm »
No problem Wunder, sometimes I think my English is pretty good, but i keep learning every day :D

Well, keep in mind that in Europe we use 230VAC instead of the US 120VAC but the way it is done is exactly the same over-there.

The thing to keep in mind that you always need to connect stuff that runs on the mains power behing the mains switch AND behind the main fuse. This way it's protected and it will turn on and off with everything else (which is kinda handy ;) ).

This sounds simple enough,but I've connected two 230VAC fans on my friend's Star Wars games and I got it wrong there in the first place (fans were running constantly....).

Anyway, the Nintendo is a great cab for this since it has the switch and  main fuse right next to eachtother where the mains is connected.

BEFORE YOU START DISCONNECT THE CAB FROM THE MAINS POWER BY REMOVING THE PLUG FROM THE WALL OUTLET !!!

So, of course I removed the old light fixture. I cut of the wire next to the old fixture so we can re-use it on the new one.
On the other side of the wire, I cut of the (american) mains plug that normally goes into the socket at the bottom of the cab. Be sure you cut the right one, on my cab it has WHITE wire, the DARK wire is the monitor plug, that needs to stay on if you like a picture when playing the game :P.

Stripped both wires and tinned them with a little solder to make the stranded wire more stiff so it will hold better under the screws on the terminal block.

Next, the two wires are connected parallel to the incoming mains wires (the one's that come from the fuseholder).

See the picture:

Of course, connect the TL fixture as described in the manual that comes with it. Don't forget the earth wire !
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:54:24 pm by Level42 »

jimkirk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2013, 01:24:15 am
  • Ahead warp factor 5 Mr. Sulu.
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2008, 01:30:51 am »
If anyone ever needs the exact replacement for the Nintendo coin mechs:

http://www.asahiseikousa.com/html/roll_downkwm740.html

Amazingly, they are still in production and look exactly like they did 27 years ago :)
They are a bit costly, $38,- from what I've read elsewhere...but they're all aluminium so NO rust :)

Does anybody know a dealer ?

I found a dealer in Indonesia that has all the spare parts for this mech listed but I don't feel really comfy about ordering there.
You can order direct from ashaiseiko like I did. Call the Vegas number and ask for Mike Sparto here is a link http://www.asahiseikousa.com/html/roll_downkwm740.html. The mechs are pricey $38.00 plus approx. $3.00 credit card fee and shipping. Expect to pay about $45.00-$50.00 total.Mike can order just the face plates if you have mechs already.Takes about 6-8 weeks from Japan.Just a couple of options to have brand new looking mechs.
I know who Phet is and many of you do not.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2008, 02:38:24 am »
Great info, thanks. I'm currently discussing this with the European office in the UK. Let's see what they come up with :) It might still be cheaper to get it from the US with current rates, don't know. The UK office asked for the serial nr. to give the correct price.

Alternatively, there is a way to get them look a lot better too (although I wouldn't go with the hammered style):
http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=339.msg2247#msg2247

Has anyone tried to adjust it to accept other coins ?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 02:50:53 am by Level42 »

Blanka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2008, 03:56:54 am »
Wow, that is an amazing coin mech. The way they are supposed to look like IMO!
I really want one in a less-is-more-coin-design 1 guilder/1yuan/1mark (that german coin was not that bad either, and if you have a guilder mech, you can also use chinese yuans as cheap guilder replacements) flavour. The Euro is over-designed IMO (damn french). But if it has to be Euro, then 50ct I guess would be acceptable.
So Level 42, if you find a propriate buying channel for the netherlands, let me know.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2008, 06:53:08 am »
Didn't know about the Chinese yuan....could be handy because I'm going to need more coins when my gameroom gets done.

The quality of the mech looks to be great. It's all aluminium and there's not a spot of rust or anything on the one that was in my cab. Only a bit dirt and scatches.

The front-plate is very scratched however and also has some spots that seem to be rust.

Blank, I just dropped them a mail, expect an answer early next week.

Where are you (about) ? (Forgive me if I already asked this :) )

WunderCade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2008, 11:27:12 am »
Thanks for the info on the marquee light wiring Level42.  :D

On a different note.....that Seiko mech is ALMOST an exact replacement. The original Nintendo DK and DK Jr. had a different coin return holder that looked more like a protruding ear, not the one pictured in the Seiko mech below. Other than that little factoid, it looks exactly right.

This is the original style coin return holder that goes under the return button:

A little difference that most probably won't care about.....but just the same....
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 11:33:36 am by WunderCade »

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2008, 11:41:17 am »
The mech on my machine is missing the return holder.

I like the one pictured on the mech picture better.

WunderCade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2008, 12:21:07 pm »
Yes....sometimes original isn't always better.

jimkirk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2013, 01:24:15 am
  • Ahead warp factor 5 Mr. Sulu.
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2008, 05:34:21 pm »
Thanks for the info on the marquee light wiring Level42.  :D

On a different note.....that Seiko mech is ALMOST an exact replacement. The original Nintendo DK and DK Jr. had a different coin return holder that looked more like a protruding ear, not the one pictured in the Seiko mech below. Other than that little factoid, it looks exactly right.

This is the original style coin return holder that goes under the return button:

A little difference that most probably won't care about.....but just the same....

Either style coin holder is original because Nintendo used whatever asahiseiko had in stock to meet production needs. That is why you will see DK'S with either style coin holders. Videogameparts.com has the closed style holders,here is link http://www.videogameparts.com/category.sc?categoryId=30
I know who Phet is and many of you do not.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:31 am »
So, I thought: Great, Nintendo used metric sized hardware, now I can get it "around the corner". Well, don't you believe it. The lockbolts that are used on the CP are M4 (that is 4 mm.). I've looked on-line, I've called several hardware stores NO-ONE has lock bolts below M5 !  :banghead: :banghead:

I didn't even dare to ask about the M3 blind bolts that are needed for the coin door.

The thing is, the one's that are still there look fine still, but there are just not enough of either of them. The joysticks each only have 2 bolts etc.

Guess this will mean ordering them in the US  which feels insane for metric sized stuff  :banghead: :banghead:

WunderCade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2008, 12:53:13 pm »
Don't feel too bad. My local hardware store doesn't have anything below M4. Thankfully, I needed M4.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2008, 06:11:15 pm »
Hey, I live in Europe, we INVENTED the metric system (well actually Napoleon did) so I am ENTITLED to M4 lock-bolts "around the corner" ;) ;)

I think the bolts on the Nintendo coindoors are M3.......anyone know where to get these ?

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2008, 09:59:16 am »
About time to kick myself and get going on with this one. It's just TOO much fun to play (and my son is getting better and better at it :) )....

I added a TO DO section in the first posting.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2008, 05:45:46 pm »
Soooo, let's start with the CP.

Let's see the condition it's in. I've scraped away small parts of the CPO. It looks very much to me that the guys who did the "conversion" stuck it right over some rusty parts. Seems there was no glue on those parts at all.

I wonder if these are cigarette burns or maybe rust from under the CPO....

The usual joystick edge wear:

Well you get the picture:

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2008, 05:53:15 pm »
Now.....everybody makes mistakes right ?  I mean, even brilliant game creators like Nintendo can make mistakes......

They did........they used....

...MICRO-SWITCHES  :scared :scared :scared :scared :scared

Readers of my restoration threads know I'm a leaf-man (with a tiny exception here and there).....

So......Let's correct Nintendo's mistake:

Look at that nice ring on the right, we're going to use it again ! B.t.w. Nintendo's buttons are not the standard sized one's.....

Anyway, let's take a nice leaf-switch and holder and.....

Tada !! perfect fit !! :D

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2008, 05:59:26 pm »
So, now we're left with these:

Don't worry, I'm not going to throw them away....

they're needed here:

I can even re-use the small metal strips on the joystick.

Yes, gonna convert one joystick to 4-way for Popeye and the Kong games of course....

Of course I'd like to make the joystick leaf too, but I don't think there's an easy solution to that. And I'm not going to spend almost 70 bucks for a Wico replacement....maybe I could use GGG's Micro-Leaf switch here too ?

We'll see that later...

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2008, 02:08:21 am »
O forgot the best part... right after replacing the MS on the jump button I played a game and.....

...I instantly improve my record with over 20.000 points !!!!!!!

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2008, 10:24:41 am »
Ha, I had bought a DK (4-tier) and a DKjr (2-tier) boardset from the bay from a German guy.
Let's say that I payed a lot less than you'd normaly pay for a working DK board-set. Both were sold untested however. I tested the jr. earlier and it seems completely dead. I already found that one of the sockets of the PROMS has one pin open wide and I bet it's not making contact....

However, I gave the DK set a test-drive this morning and it comes up, and runs attract mode fine :) Didn't have more time to try to credit it etc.

The vertizal size is too big, and I couldn't adjust it, but I found out pretty quick why: the potmeter is broken-off (maybe due to transport). There's also one cooling body missing from a white chip (the one next to it still has it. That chip got pretty warm, but nothing too bad. Both very simple fixes.

Nice score, this means one step closer to my ultimate Nintendo cab. The DK was the most important one for me since I already have the working bootleg Jr.  The DK will be fitted with a D2K kit in the near future :)

(O and I'm at 138 k now. First time that I reached the Icicle's on my own :) Twin Galaxies, here I come ! :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:30:28 am by Level42 »

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2008, 01:16:08 pm »
one step closer to my ultimate Nintendo cab.

Now if Mark Spaeth ever gets his Nintendo switchers done you'll be in good shape.
My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2008, 02:49:58 pm »
Exactly !.......gotta be patient and I need to do more than enough stuff in the mean time, but I do hope they will become available pretty soon....

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2008, 04:15:42 pm »
Received the bootleg Popeye PCB today. As promised it works fine, but as excepted with a bootleg,non-inverted video.....

Also, there's something strange with the sound. None of all the other boards I tried (DKjr, DK, Popeye) produce any sound.....kinda weird. Maybe my amp set-up. The bootleg boards also have on-board amplification so maybe they're overdriving the inputs of the amp and so it shuts off.....will need to investigate that..