Main > Lightguns

NES Lightgun for MAME?

(1/2) > >>

Tom:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can take a NES lightgun and hack it somehow in order to use it for mame.  I know that you can buy converters for it, but if their is a way to build them, I would rather do that.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

tetsu96:
I'm pretty sure the answer is forget about it.  The gun is incompatable with MAME from everything I've read.  I'd wait for the new Act-Labs gun for PCs and see how that turns out...

AUX:
Anyone have a link for more info on the new ActLabs guns? I heard there was a thread on the official MAME board, but I couldn't really find anything there. I looked on the ActLabs website but they only listed their old guns.

Tom:
tetsu, I use MAME32 and it is capable of supporting light guns from what I have read, so I don't think that giving up is an option yet, I may just try and hack it myself

StephenH:
The current guns do not work with MAME.   However, Act Labs has a USB light gun in development that will be compatible with Windows on a PC monitor.   It is not yet known if it will work with arcade monitors or TVs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version