Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Volume Control  (Read 2707 times)

MrD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2020, 04:34:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Volume Control
« on: January 22, 2007, 10:43:22 am »
I'm currently using the volume controls through DOScab with an onboard sound chip. (I can't rememebr off hand which one).  The PC only has speaker out and no line out.   I'm taking the output and running it though a car amp and then into my speakers.

The volume seems to work fine but here is the kicker.  I'm also using a sound/color organ that is connected before the amp.  Since they are dependent on the how loud the sounds are, I can set the sensitivity but it I adjust the volume at all, then that changes.   

So I either have to A) deal with it as it is, or B) keep a fixed output from the PC and then adjust the speaker volume manually  (I'm currently using a wireless keyboard which is nice), or C) add in a PCI sound card with line out and speaker out and hope I don't have any conflicts within the PC with the onboard sound.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?   Or even which SB card would work?  I've always had major issues getting them to work in DOS, and I'm not looking forward to more headaches.