Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Background Image  (Read 2887 times)

Karaokedude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2007, 12:21:00 pm
Background Image
« on: January 11, 2007, 07:27:59 pm »
Chris

not sure if what I meant with the background image was explained properlly

I am in the process of building a juke .
I have a lot of original labels all slightly diiferent in look bits of tape on them tatty edges etc
what i wanted to do was scan a load and make an background image with the labels all ready on it  so it looks like a proper selection unit.

i have made an image to try but because the BG Color is set to show if no label is selected it colors over the image ( I have removed the label line from the skin file)

so my question is can i have the Artist and track info with no color behind it so it preserves the background image

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Background Image
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:43:55 am »
Chris

not sure if what I meant with the background image was explained properlly

I am in the process of building a juke .
I have a lot of original labels all slightly diiferent in look bits of tape on them tatty edges etc
what i wanted to do was scan a load and make an background image with the labels all ready on it  so it looks like a proper selection unit.

i have made an image to try but because the BG Color is set to show if no label is selected it colors over the image ( I have removed the label line from the skin file)

so my question is can i have the Artist and track info with no color behind it so it preserves the background image
Not yet.  There is a Transparent option for background color for the displays, but it's not yet supported for titlestrips.  Every titlestrip will look exactly the same.

The difficulty lies in the fact that there is no set number of titlestrips like there are displays, so it will take longer to retrofit this option.  Once it's in, though, I'll be able to add other features that will be more to your liking, such as having different titlestrips for different genres (those old jukes don't just have random titlestrips, they're actually color-coded by genre) or artists, different titlestrips for the most popular songs (like the old jukeboxes that had "HIT" titlestrips), possibly batches of titlestrips that can be selected randomly, etc.  But I need to rebuild a big chunk of code before transparency or any of these other options can work.  The titlestrip display code is still basically the original design I put into place 5 years ago without any of these things in mind.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Karaokedude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2007, 12:21:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:15 pm »
will the transparent option allow me to have the titles over a background image if i set the title strip to nothing

What is the syntax for Transparent option

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:52:40 pm »
will the transparent option allow me to have the titles over a background image if i set the title strip to nothing
Yes, it would the way I have it planned.

What is the syntax for Transparent option
For displays, the option is:

bgcolor=transparent

When I finish the option for titlestrips it will be the same.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com