Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help w/Happ top-fire joystick  (Read 2782 times)

Abelard Lindsay

• Trade Count: (0)
Need help w/Happ top-fire joystick
« on: March 30, 2002, 05:45:02 pm »
Well, I'm about two-thirds of the way there with my joystick controller, and I finally hit a problem I couldn't figure out with a search of the archives. I must be an idiot, but:

How do I mount my Happs tulip top-fire joystick?

I removed the little clip (e clip?) at the end of the shaft, but I can't remove the stick from the body - the little disc at the end of the shaft (the one that contacts the fire switch) prevents the shaft from sliding through the body of the joystick (I hope that makes sense!). I'm not sure how the little disc is attached - I don't want to try unscrewing it too vigorously since it would break if it's glued on.

The other way I could see of doing it is to drill a larger hole in my panel, but then the plastic disc that is supposed to cover the hole would be underneath my panel - not ideal.

Can anyone who has installed one of these give me some tips? It's probably something simple I'm just too lame to see!

Thanks so much!

Abelard
http://www.afterglowsite.com

(no project stuff up yet, but I'm takin' lots o' pix!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Abelard Lindsay

• Trade Count: (0)
Okay, okay, I got it!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 06:55:56 pm »
;D
Well, in a fit of frustration, I just yanked the blasted thing off, and whaddya know, it's just held on by friction!

Joystick mounted!

Abelard
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »