Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where can I find small character graphics for my monitor bezel?  (Read 4033 times)

MikeW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2005, 10:11:16 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
Hi all,
Been lurking and learning for some time now.  I started building a cabinet from scratch based on the Ultimate Arcade from the MAMEroom about a month ago.  I am basically finished with it at this point but have one small issue.  I built it to accomodate a 27" monitor but I am not sure if I want to limit myself to 640x480 so I am using a 21" XGA monitor for now with a Happ 19-20" bezel.  This leaves an awful lot of black around the monitor and generally just does not look very good.
I want to find some small graphics and characters that I can print out on my Epson photo printer and sandwich between the Happs bezel and the 1/4" polycarbonate that I cut to use as the glass overlay.  There are lots of places with marquees and side art, which I already have, but I have not found any place that has some of the smaller characters like Pac Man etc..
Also, I am not very talented/creative when it comes to Photoshop or anything like that so I was hoping to find graphics that are ready to print and then cut out.
Any ideas where I could go?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 11:40:36 am by MikeW »

pragma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2004, 04:04:49 pm
  • J-PAC, Taito cabinet, PC Monitor
Re:Where can I find small graphics for my monitor bezel?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 11:26:17 am »
BYOAC member Chris kindly put his great bezel artwork online here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/celamantia/mamecab/bezel.htm.

He has made the original artwork available to me, however since it's quite large, he has not linked it from his website. However, a polite IM on this forum was all it took for him to kindly reply with the link.

Hope this helps,
Paul

MikeW

• Offline Offline
Re:Where can I find small graphics for my monitor bezel?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 11:40:10 am »
Wow!  What a great design for that unused space.
Thanks for the reply!

I actually wanted to put some of the more popular character graphics on the bezel rather than text, i.e. the Donkey Kong character, a small Pac Man dude, a fighting guy etc...
Any other ideas?

MikeW

• Offline Offline
Re:Where can I find small character graphics for my monitor bezel?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 11:53:54 am »
Like this guy:
http://www.geocities.com/draftcardofwar/mame1.jpg

This is almost exactly how my cabinet looks!  Same side art and marquee as well (:  Too funny!!!!!