Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Midway Arcade Cabinet by Big Electronic Games  (Read 34710 times)

livingonwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Midway Arcade Cabinet by Big Electronic Games
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2017, 09:28:50 pm »
I've been having an issue with my Konami machine (the one with vga). In the lower left corner of the vga screen I see some wavy lines or interference of some sort. I'd say about a couple inches or so. I hooked the machine's board up to another monitor and didn't have this issue. I also ran different power supplies to the machine's board to see if there was any difference, and there was not. Lastly I connected a Dreamcast to the machines monitor to see if the monitor itself was the issue, but the Dreamcast's image was perfect, no wavy line interference at all. It just seems the machine's board and monitor are not working well together anymore for some reason.

ice2921

• Offline Offline
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2017, 10:35:07 pm »
Interestingly enough, hooked up an old Commodore 64 monitor I had laying around and it works. I'll see if I can get it mounted for giggles. The funny thing is that the monitor is worth more than the cade fully restored.  ;D

jbserra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2017, 11:00:59 am »
Here are some pics of the playstation conversion

Viewsonix

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2017, 11:03:00 am »
I've been messing around with one of these for a while, and after raising the base up 6 inches on a riser box, it feels a lot better to play.

What I wanted to do was do some other cheap mods to it, like replace the 12 inch TV, and maybe put a lighted marquee on it.

The problem is the CPU box apparently puts out a super weak signal, so that most TVs won't recognize it.

I've tried adapter cables to get it to display to LCDs thru VGA but no dice (that was one suggestion I received).

Does ANYONE have the model numbers of TVs that they have used that work? 

I've tried posting around a few places but had little luck.

I know the old RetroBlast website had a page talking about modifying this thing, but that site is long gone and archive.org doesn't have that article saved.

jbserra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »
PM me your email address.  I can share from Dropbox the contents of the old RetroBlast website for this machine.

I'm using a 20" Sony Trinitron CRT TV.  Works great.  Might be a little big for the graphic capabilities, but fits the cabinet and works properly.  I submitted some pictures previously to this thread.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:24:18 pm by jbserra »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31