Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bombjack - Jumping Jack Flash!  (Read 60045 times)

psychotech

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2011, 11:01:50 pm
    • psychotech
Re: RK'd - Bezel update ?
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 09:30:56 pm »
W(/H)ell..

You're too kind. What can I say ..thanks ;)

leapinlew & spacies:

I'll most probably go with that marquee, but ..I'll have to remove the cherry. It just seems to be the odd one out.. I couldn't integrate it into he CP and now ..well?

notaburger:

Thanks?! Hey, this won't be finished in the next two weeks.. of that I'm at least sure :) - :(

--------------------------

Anyway, yet another update

I've cut 2 pieces of 1mm plexi for the marquee to shape and have ascertained that the marquee works, at least physically, that is.. Still have to make my mind up about the graphics (F)!

Have also done some painting.. Water based (?) acrylics using a foam roller with no base paint on MDF ;) Back to that as soon as I get some additional detailing done on the bezel support area..

The actual progress:

A homebrew, and most probably the final bezel!

My cheap (no surprise here..) HP printer is able to produce a 210mm x 600mm print maximum. So, as the bezel I'd need is 380mm x 550mm there'd be no way to do it with it. ? Why not? I'll at least have to try ..?

1st
Print the actual bezel in two pieces (190x550) ..then figure out how to hide the fact that they are ..two pieces. Yes, add an instruction card ..Bombjack, of course..

2nd
Cut the bezel & the instruction card to size and try them on.. Not too bad?

3rd
Add a couple more cards to the other side and I'm done ..?

...as it can be seen, I more or less followed the Bombjack card style doing these two additional instruction cards.

leapinlew: As you can see, I used the fingering you suggested on the Defender/Stargate instruction card. Yeah, after all, it is the version that most closely resembles the original layout ..and what the "accidental defender" might remember.. Might have to add the version I originally was going with (player 1 controls only) to the start-up options. More of that too ..later.

Back in a ?.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 10:00:43 pm »
leapinlew: As you can see, I used the fingering you suggested on the Defender/Stargate instruction card.

Whoa... hey now. I thought we agreed on the kissing and telling?

It's looking real good. Keep up the good work! Because of your thread I just started playing Bombjack. It's pretty good! I don't recall seeing it at the arcade. I'm still getting a hang of the game though - I can't seem to jump from the floor all the way to the ceiling so level 5 is where I die. :( No worries - I'll figure it out.  :)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:23:20 pm
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 10:09:12 pm »
I love this cabinet.  The trackball is a nice touch and I think the artwork is really going to make it unique - just like your other one!   :cheers:

I need to try Bomb Jack now - I don't recall playing that back in the day...

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 10:19:48 pm »
Whoa... hey now. I thought we agreed on the kissing and telling?

Oh s.h.i.t.e, I forgot :) Don't tell anyone..

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091052/)

Yep, anyway ..Bombjack was popular here at the time... Just guess whose initials were on the top of the list most of the time.. Now, I just can't get more than 1.24x.xxx points or through more than 18-24 levels with Tomatocade). So far..

JUMP!

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 10:30:54 pm »
javeryh, thanks ;D

Stage fright approaching..

Trying to do my best. Don't really know how or about what, though ;) We'll see..

leapinlew:
-> Push joystick up, press the jump button and hold the button until you're at the "desired height"...

Exit stage left..

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
Re: RK'd - Bartop sides done
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 05:38:18 pm »
Hey there !

Just a MINOR update..

The RK'd is about 95% done at the moment. The controls should arrive before the weekend ..and I might even be able to start drilling the joystick holes and installing the stuff sometime next week..?!

Here're the sides at least. More detailed info later, assuming anyone's interested ? Everything was done with water dilutable acrylics, self adhesive vinyl, "painter's tape", cheap foam rollers & one really sharp knife..

Comments welcome. The really good ideas are kinda useless at this point ;)

Anyway:

Player's left on left...

That's all for now. Come again :)

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
Re: BOMBJACK/RK'd BARTOP - Bartop Sides & Speaker Panel
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 06:38:36 pm »
Well, yeah.. Speaker panel:

Sucks?

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
Re: Bombjack Bartop (Rk'd) - Side Art & Speaker Panel
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 08:16:06 pm »
heh I was thinkin red bomb shaped speaker covers with a faux wick  :timebomb: :)
I think you've done a fine job here pyscho, very neat and uniform, everything seems to work well together.

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 05:56:28 am »
! The controls just arrived !

..and the speaker covers.. well

Better  ???  :D

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2007, 06:41:54 am »
absolutely. Another idea would be to take that exact graphic and stencil spray them onto some mesh grills even. But much better indeed  :cheers:

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:09 am »
Psychotech,

I gotta say that I love this project so far and can't wait to see the finished pics.  Great job documenting everything.  Makes me want to make another bartop.

Cheers,
KenToad

moloch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2022, 06:22:19 pm
  • I'm an ill'llama!
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2007, 05:12:27 pm »
I am a little late to this post, but wanted to add. Since you went to the trouble of desodering the volume knob, did you do the same for the headphone jack.

I did this on the cabinet I am building so that people can play with headphones and it will cut the sound to the speakers then.

Just a thought......
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=63362.msg631328#msg631328

spriggy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2024, 09:45:27 pm
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2007, 07:32:43 pm »
Well Done pt.  Sides look great...  in fact, your artwork layouts look very cool!
"Once a Knight, always a Knight.   Twice a night.. and your doing alright!!" ::)

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
Re: Bombjack Bartop (Rk'd) - MORE Side Art Stuff :)
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 07:52:02 pm »

Well, I can make a photoshopped version of the cab for you NIVO .. ;)

Ken, thanks and here's more info on the build..

moloch: I only desoldered the volume. I thought about doing the headphone jack but... Anyways, the Creative (whatever model it is) set won't be used after all ..in this cab. It works nice but as I had the option to use another set of powered speakers with tone controls etc. I just had to alter my "plans" accordingly :)

The original Creative/Soundblaster stuff:

New admin panel with the new sound system's controls on the right..

Come on, it's still WIP ... ;)

spriggy: thanks!

------------------------------

On another note .. Cab's left side after deep blue (well, in the real life ..without the flash) acrylic layer over a thick layer of off-white primer ..and the see through pink adhesive :) Almost done here?

Printed some A4´s and taped them over the adhesive..

Used a really sharp knife and cut all the unnecessary stuff off ..

Same treatment for the, not so easy, right side:

And after cutting the excess tape/adhesive/paper off..

Whatever it is ..it's one of a kind and yeah, ..it's mine :)

Anteeksi vaan :)

Thank you and .. Well, comments?

Yours, again:

Psychotech :)

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2007, 08:20:22 pm »
Well, sorry.

I'll try and not to use them smileys anymore .. or at least not so much.

One for the road :)

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2007, 05:46:49 pm »
it's B to the ADASS.

Nice. That game is still pissing me off though.

spacies

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2015, 03:40:49 am
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2007, 07:29:19 pm »

Yeah baby.

This is looking great!!!!!

I was feared in the Bombjack circles in the 80s.  :laugh2:
In fact my highest score is higher than the one at the Twin Galaxies site by 2 million.

It would have been higher but they wanted to close the store the machine was in.

I had a game last week on a new cocktail I built and at 9 million, I got bored and turned it off. Looks like I still got it.
Once you learn the sequences/patterns it becomes pretty easy. I reckon I could take that score at Twin Galaxies. How do I prove it?

Again, nice work on this bartop.

And great to see you dedicated it to Bombjack!!!

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:23:20 pm
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2007, 09:37:03 pm »
Oh. meh. gawd. that is freaking awesome side art!!!  :notworthy:

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
Re: Bombjack Bartop (Rk'd) - Everything wrong is right!
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2007, 09:58:51 pm »
Hello again!

And thank you very much for the comments! ..Still, I'm building a horizontal screen bartop with a vertical game theme .. No comments on that, so far..?

-------------------

Time for another update ..even though 'the cab remains the same'. So, N.O.S. as in new old stuff - and something more..

Everything wrong is right: I've already told you I'll be using one of the Creative speaker's front pieces as the finger guard for the top exhaust fan. And so, naturally, for the actual speaker grilles I'm using finger guards for a pair of 10cm (4") fans.. (See pictures on above posts.)

PHOTO(SUR)REAL: Yes, everything wrong.. After some web surfing etc. I decided to not 'print' my CP overlay but to order a photo of it thru web; 9.95€ for a 50x70cm print? Not too bad? Actually, two copies of the CPO on that area. About the quality, who knows..

And now I'm still waiting for the photo to arrive  ??? ::)

In the meanwhile, some new old stuff:

Speaker panel / marquee - 1st test. Well?

Speaker panel inside. RCA connectors for easy removal. That Tomatocade marquee retainer (white) plastic (L-molding?) sure came handy..

CamCade!

Now that I'm more or less just waiting for the CPO to arrive, I've had time for other activities also:

Playing Bombjack, Scramble, Doom etc. on my old digital camera (HP C912 Photosmart) .. Digita OS! A CamCade? 288x216 screen? Miniature tabletop? Take a look: http://digita.mame.net/

..Well, I also decided to complicate things by adding another control panel to the equation. One digital 8-way, one analog trigger stick, one spinner and 2 (3?) buttons. The HackPanel.

And the main ingredients: A 3€ Amiga/Atari/C64 joystick with microswitches along with a 7€ analog trigger stick and the bearings from a 4€ Western Digital HD. ...?!

And the WIP CP overlay for the above:

It is a b.s.tard.ised version of the Tron CPO with another edit of the Bombjack CPO underneath. And no, it's not centered. Just hoping it's playable...

Another time,
               Psycho.

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2007, 09:13:20 pm »
Gen.Italia !!!

Just my luck: Ordered t-molding, waited a couple of weeks, emailed the firm, got no response, finally an answer, "..not able to fill your order now..full refund..", not funny.

And the other t-mold firm's web shop won't work with international payments, Visa or otherwise.. Perkele kuitenkin!  :angry:

Well, I'll build a spinner ...

F the t-molding for now! :timebomb:

Psycho.

PS. Nothing against Italia/Italy ;)

theCoder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2010, 10:48:47 pm
  • I'll clean up my mess, Honey, when I'm done...
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2007, 02:46:12 am »
Back on your first page, you mentioned you were using mini buttons for the tilt buttons.  Where are you getting these from?  Do they use Cherry switches?

Love the sound card hack.  Nice.

I'm soooooo glad you did not go with the blue shinny metallic contact paper.  Your first one looks nice, but another might be too much.  Great job on the paint.

How did it go cramming that stuff inside that small package?  Do you have and/or could you take some pics of the tight squeeze. 

Does it run hot?

Sorry for the list of questions, been out of the loop for a while.  Great progress.

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2007, 11:31:14 am »
This is a great thread.  Also, I just noticed that you hid the seam between the two printed out parts of the bezel by covering those parts with instruction cards. 

Brilliant!  I have a similar issue and think I will just borrow your idea, if I may.   :cheers:

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2007, 08:26:17 pm »
Well, hello!

And welcome back theCoder!

To answer your questions:

1. Mini buttons: Just ordinary momentary ON-OFF buttons. About 18mm diameter (12mm to install). No microswitches. The same I used on Tomatocade for admin buttons. I bought them here for 1.20€ a piece. Local (FI) link: http://www.spelektroniikka.fi/kuvat/51.pdf (No idea on their policy on international orders though.. If they'll accept them, it'd be 22% off..)

Pictures:

And the innards..

2. Sound card hack: It works ..and WAS quite nice. Now it's waiting for another project. I'm actually using another set of powered speakers now (at least one pic on above posts).. free pair with tone controls and at least a couple of Watts more..

3. Shiny metallic contact paper: Yeah, well..  That was the absolutely last option anyway. From the start I knew it had to be blue, just had no idea how or what kind of.. and now the cab is just the opposite of Tomatocade; Not metallic, not generic, not shiny ..

4. .. "inside that small package". This is still very much a W.I.P. project. Not enough time etc. But anyway, I don't know! At the moment the CRT is in another room, CP is "somewhere" (see below..) etc. Someone once asked about the timeline/deadline ..there is none. I'll take pix.. and I'll post them, inside/outside, as soon as I get there.

5. Hot? It is, but I really don't know.. (See above)

And thanks. (How's the Xcelerator?)

Hello, Kentoad!

By all means, if it's usefull in your case. Couldn't think of a better solution for the problem. Still, it does the job! How many people, beside yourself, you really think would notice the fact that it is actually two prints after you've covered the seam ..?

Anyway, I'm here just to show you what NOT TO DO!

Just keep on reading...

-------------

A BIG mistake!

Don't do this @ home!

Long story.., I had the CP layout (joystick/trackball/button placement, etc.) designed but had no real idea of the graphics.. So I just followed my "plans" and drilled everything ready for assembly. Oh, well..

After a few B&W test prints with my HP inkjet I thought the printer was "special", one way or another? Almost everything seemed to be off; maybe just a few millimeters here and there ..and then something was off by almost 13 mm (half an inch) !!! WTF!?

Must be the cheap effing printer, right?! No such luck. Must be some kind of international conspiracy... Come on, I had (and have) measured everything more than just a few times.  My (legit) Photoshop CS2 seemingly just doesn't like arcade CP overlays? Everything else prints perfectly, but try an CPO.... F! So, I won't be able to do the CP on the HP printer.

Add an internet photoservice:

Great quality! Awesome colours! And.. the final print is 558 millimeters wide instead of the needed (and finally, after at least three additional measurements, ordered) 550! ..Just imagine the alignment. Add another F! (A really LOUD one!)

Not everything is lost, though. I have enough scrap MDF to make another CP and the plexi/lexan won't be much more than about 3€. And I've got to go and buy some more anyway for the second, analog panel. Well, a few more hours of manual labor. It's just too frustrating..

And what's the lesson here.. F! Yes, print your graphics first, easier to compensate that way..

Just how did I do the Tomatocade? Can't actually even remember anymore.. Dementia? Dementia 13? Anyway, I think I've learned my lesson :)

And so, everything wrong is right: Player ONE will have only four buttons after all. No need for them just now actually (Maybe I'll just play Defender (almost) the original way..). Etc. etc.

Well, live and learn..

Back again.., Psycho.

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2007, 09:55:34 am »
..NOT!

Won't have to start from scratch after all.

I'll just fill the player one joystick holes and the credits & P1/P2 start button holes on the upper right -> drill 8 new holes, add new plexi glass and I'm done. Everything else seems to be "close enough". Jacks "palms" aren't exactly round, anyway.. (And the second overlay is still untouched..)

Maybe...

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
Re: Bombjack Bartop (Rk'd) - Wrong is right?
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2007, 10:19:51 pm »
 :'(

update?

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
Re: Bombjack Bartop (Rk'd) - Getting there..
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 07:44:38 pm »
Well..

Not a real update, just a teaser. More PIX (& text too) in the near future.

Still W.I.P. ..The CP's not even wired at this point :(

And, in all its simplicity the spinner really works!

Better pictures of everything soon..

Back soon,
   Psycho.

blueznl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2019, 04:50:02 pm
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2007, 11:04:03 am »
I like that spinner idea. Fourty-odd bucks for a spinner hurts a bit...

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2007, 07:16:43 pm »
Heh!

Wait a moment and I'll show you a FOUR (4) euro spinner.. With about a seven second spin* "straight outta box". You'll just need to find a suitable HD to make one. Then again, these old WD's are CHEAP or even FREE nowadays :)

I'll just get thru my pictures.

A real update within a couple of hours it is.

Maybe?

* How long does it actually have to spin? What for? I've never had "even" seven seconds "free time" in Tempest :)

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
Re: Bombjack - SPINNER update
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38:43 pm »
So, a SPINNER update.

First of all, my spinner is nothing new in itself but another take on the Arcade Stupidity spinner of Dhansen - http://www.doughansen.net/arcade/spinner.htm  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

A few pictures of the steps I made following DHansen's example:

According to the plan, an old Western Digital HD (4€) - After some tinkering..

And another angle..

This is the part I'm almost proud of .. (Dhansen never showed the actual mouse sensor installation on the website.)

So, I had design my own and if you'd take your time with the picture you'd see that.. This simple solution not only isolates the components and enables sideways movement of the mouse mechanism but also gives you the option to fine tune the mouse wheel both horizontally and vertically..

Someone somewhere mentioned "millimeter tuning" to be almost beyond home realm.. Why!? :)

And if someone else wants to do this.. a couple more pictures. (Still, I'll bow to dhansen !)

Too easy actually :) Thanks to the pioneers  :notworthy:

And hey, wait a minute or better yet, come back again.

The 1st real picture of Jack
..as soon as I've re-tarred my lungs.. (Summer's coming - got to stay afloat :) )

Psycho

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
Re: BOMBJACK (Bartop)
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2007, 09:39:45 pm »
Jack's here ..

I won't defend it more than ..all the pix were taken with flash, and come on, it's not meant to be flashed :) In normal (no flash / a dim room / an almost dark room (as long as the beers are are still easy to find ...) ) conditions the "screen an inch behind the glass" works quite great :) With flash and the camera off-center the screen just seems to be off.. Well, it wasn't meant to be viewed from a 160 angle :)

And, it's all dirty :)

Enough, already  ::)

Had an idea that the bezel graphics could be expanded to the speaker panel without actually carrying on the bombjack theme per se, and it actually (almost) matches? A bit of Eddie Van Halen there, maybe :)

What do you think?

Jack

Unplugged..

Yours still,
      Psychotech.

PS. Something missing?

Knievel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2016, 10:29:09 pm
  • Who's up for a game of Stunt Cycle??
    • Knievel Kustoms
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2007, 09:44:19 pm »

Somehow overlooked this entire thread, very nice work!

Best bartop design I think I've seen, love the curves. :)

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2007, 09:51:12 pm »
 :notworthy:

Thanks, I really mean that !!

Still, just noticed that my latest pictures seem to be too big.. Pix were 500xsomething and the forum software scales them to 480. So the jagged edges .. I'll fix them after another tar-out :)

Still Psychotech..

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2007, 10:20:25 pm »
PS. Something missing?

T-molding... and don't go on and on about how you don't use power tools.  :blah:

This cabinet deserves t-molding, what would Jack say? He'd say he's not fully dressed - thats what he'd say.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2007, 10:21:19 pm »
Oh yeah... it looks great.

It's currently a 9 out of 10. I'm sure you can figure out a way to get that last poinT;)

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2007, 10:50:33 pm »
Lew, You're the Sherlock  :P

Come on! Thanks a lot for the kind words...

And yes, this time I'm sure Jack needs something to wear. Can't go on jumping around with his (....)

I'll add the molding as soon as I find a company that isn't going belly up just as I place an order (t-moulding.com) or that has too much problems with overseas orders (t-mold.com). Not much luck lately with those two. I ordered yellow from both and got nothing.. Opinions? Yellow t-molding? Black. Blue I won't do. Orange? Yellow (again)? What..? The European source has only black as far as I know..

And come on, you really think I'd use power tools or anything for t-molding? Let's just call it molding....

Heh!

I'll update this thread with more pictures of the build (and better pix of the cab) soon ..but in the meanwhile..

Guess what I used for marquee retainers this time around? (Nothing to do with arcades ..afaik)

Back again,
                     Psychotech.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2007, 10:58:26 pm »
Guess what I used for marquee retainers this time around? (Nothing to do with arcades ..afaik)

Well... it looks like some sort of soft plastic/rubber molding. It's L shaped and it appears to have been made in an L shape - perhaps you melted some harder plastic. Sounds like something you'd do. You put screws in it ... like nearly every inch. Not sure if thats for looks or structure.

I checked the websites www.Lmodling.com, www.L-molding.com and www.L-moulding.com, none of which exist. Hmm... I'll say - you found it at the hardware store and it's meant to be insulation type material. Such as you would screw it to the bottom of the door to form a more tight seal to the door frame.

Am I close?

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2007, 11:01:07 pm »
Oh, as for color -

I suggest black if you want it to blend in or white if you want to give it that Tron look. If it were mine, it would be black and it would be t-molding.  ;D

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2007, 11:26:20 pm »
Close but ... :)

It is rubber molding indeed ..don't actually know for what - probably for trucks'/buses' sides. But the point is, it's about 2" wide ..with an  L-shape .. See the picture (Quite a graphic designer here :) ). Couldn't find anything else that would do with the curved (x2) marquee I was planning, but ..This stuff works! Elastic & hard/stiff enough at the same time.

So, I cut the "main thing" right off and used just a piece of the L-shaped part that actually made a really nice retainer :)

Maybe I'll go with the black (t-)molding.. Might really work..?

Back sooner / later / ?

Psychotech.

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2007, 06:43:11 am »
Very nice work! How did you get that mouse pcb board to mount to the block of wood by the way?
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

psychotech

• Offline Offline
    • psychotech
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2007, 11:41:31 am »
Back again.

Thanks IG-88!

The spinner / mouse pcb is mounted with yet another small screw.

Actually, the whole mechanism consists of just an L-bracket, a piece of scrap MDF and three screws.

One screw to hold the L-bracket in place under the CP allowing sideways fine-tuning..

Second screw to keep the piece of MDF in place ..simultaneously allowing one to adjust both the height and (if needed) tilt of the mouse pcb.

The third screw on the opposite side of the MDF goes through (in this case an already existing hole in) the mouse pcb.

And another picture to illustrate the solution..

It was a regular PS2 mouse.. and that's all there is to it, really. Hope this helps :)

Later, Psycho.