Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sk on Vista?  (Read 5642 times)

Ghoward

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2021, 10:45:22 pm
  • Mame rocks!!
Sk on Vista?
« on: March 01, 2007, 07:53:01 pm »
I did a test install on one of my laptops running Vista and the install fails, does anyone know a work around for this or do I just need to keep my Jukebox running XP.

Thanks

Gary

Ghoward

• Offline Offline
  • Mame rocks!!
Re: Sk on Vista?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 08:47:23 pm »
Any chance of a reply on this one? Xp was good but I would love to finsh replacing XP with Vista on the last of my machines.

Thanks

Gary
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 08:48:55 pm by Ghoward »

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 02:38:31 pm »
You might be the first to try.  Why not install SKjuke on one of your already VISTA machines for a short test to see if it will run or run in compatability mode.   I have made the decision to wait a year or so before jumping to VISTA unless I have to replace a PC and it is included.

Ghoward

• Offline Offline
  • Mame rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 03:24:54 pm »
You might be the first to try.  Why not install SKjuke on one of your already VISTA machines for a short test to see if it will run or run in compatability mode.   I have made the decision to wait a year or so before jumping to VISTA unless I have to replace a PC and it is included.

Tested  SK it in compatability mode with the same results. I think it has something to do with the way Vista works with audio programs. I've tested another Jukebox program and ran into the same thing.

Gary

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 01:18:25 pm »
Thanks for the info.   Now we know it does not work in VISTA.

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 11:06:37 pm »
I am never the type of person to jump into a new operating system ..... I will wait until I absolutely must upgrade before doing so ...... not worth it to me.   WinXP is fine for how I use it.