Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My work in progress (CP)  (Read 3390 times)

Silverwind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 12:49:09 am
My work in progress (CP)
« on: March 27, 2003, 07:30:15 pm »
Here is my four player control panel.. been workign on it for a while.. still a lot of finish work to do!

it is in working condition though :)

lexan on the top.. need to stick atwork under it still.. also going to paint it.. not sure which color.. thinking maybe some shade of blue..

My first piece!

marcoval

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2004, 02:40:59 pm
  • www.scottishninjas.com
Re:My work in progress (CP)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 04:25:52 pm »
Won't you have to rip out all the buttons and sticks to get the artwork and lexan on? Ouch...
Every millennium
A warrior emerges.
Trained in the deadly arts of the ninja.
Moving with the swiftness of the wind
Striking with deadly accuracy
They are proud
They are strong
They're Scottish

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 04:32:23 pm »
Won't you have to rip out all the buttons and sticks to get the artwork and lexan on? Ouch...

Yes.. it will probably take some time to get some artwork in there.. but I do not have any artwork designed yet.. so no biggie.. I would say an hour or two to get the artwork in there..

I didn't feel like waiting hehehehehehe.. after all that work to get it together wanted to test it out..  the top comes off the base also.. so it won't be very tough to paint the bottom portion..

mkdevo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 09:31:59 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 11:20:31 am »
nice, but.... are you planning on adding anything to it?? it looks pretty massive, and there's a lot of unneeded real estate in there...  ??? pretty good otherwise, though.. and i suppose you can also add components later if you want...

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 07:14:59 pm »
nice, but.... are you planning on adding anything to it?? it looks pretty massive, and there's a lot of unneeded real estate in there...  ??? pretty good otherwise, though.. and i suppose you can also add components later if you want...

Well yes it is a little large.. but I have a fairly wide keyboard tray inside of it..  and yes i'm going to

1) add artwork
2) add paint
3) add the rest of the mame cab

hehe.. not neccesarily in that order :)

Massive yes... but not too bad.. it makes for very comfortable play.. as your not cramped together..  plus the open surface in the middle will give a nice central location for some artwork..

BASSOFeeSH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2009, 12:46:42 am
  • TD-2779
    • Trooper Armor
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 12:06:06 pm »
Looks great, lots of room for 4 players.

The player/coin buttons do seem a bit far though(especially from the corner players).  There's always trade-offs of course.

Zinfari

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2007, 10:43:59 am
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 10:24:33 pm »
Considering adding a trackball, spinner, 4-way, top firing joy stick, etc?  ;D  There's obviously plenty of room and if you plan on doing it, you could plan on doing that at the same time you disassemble the CP to add artwork... Just curious.

-Zinfari

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 11:03:12 am »
Considering adding a trackball, spinner, 4-way, top firing joy stick, etc?  ;D  There's obviously plenty of room and if you plan on doing it, you could plan on doing that at the same time you disassemble the CP to add artwork... Just curious.

-Zinfari

Yeah I have thought of that.. but then I think about avoiding the "button explosion"  (check this one out http://lillypad.4mg.com/images/Cpnl2.jpg )  There is some elegance in simplicity IMHO.. and of course it won't look as empty when i add some artwork..

I might add some trackballs in the middle.. because that would allow for more games and at the same time trackballs are fairly low profile.. now i'm just waiting for 2-3 trackball support under 2000/xp? hehe