Software Support > PowerMAME

Hey Mike! It's that time of year again.

<< < (2/3) > >>

gamenut:
I've been thinking about learning some prgramming. I think maybe this will push me into it. might take me a while to learn it but i think it would be fun.
Do know anything about it?

MikeQ:
Well, I've been busy with a lot this last year.  My dad has been fighting cancer for the last 2 years and it became evident early this year that he was declining.  He passed away Nov 7th.  My grandmother was in the same situation and past away a couple weeks earlier.  We spent the last several months spending quality time with them.  That has kept me away from things.  I've also been working tons of hours at work on a project for a big cell-phone manufacturer.

With some of this stuff behind me, I've looked at doing a merge up to .110.  Frankly, if I don't keep in lock step with the MAME revisions, it becomes difficult to merge all their changes.  I've got a .110 regular Mame merge done (no MAME32 version).  I've not done any testing and my testing rig is put away right now.

I think I'm going to go another route with PowerMAME that may help the entire community.  I'm going to talk to Aaron about putting together a formal plug-in mechanism so that people doing alternate builds can stop doing so.  With a plug-in, you would be able to use my PowerMAME plug-in with whatever version you were running (past .110).

Unappliedbraincells.com is about to expire and I'm probably going to let it.  The site is only used for PowerMAME and it would be save me some $.  Unfortunately this will probably be less of an incentive to pump out new versions though.  If Aaron isn't receptive to the idea of a plug-in mechanism, I don't know how much I'll be able to keep working on PowerMAME. 

It is an vicious cycle.  I don't have time to do a merge each time MAME jumps up a rev but if I don't, the merge processes becomes more difficult.

The plug-in would be ideal in that I can work on it at my leisure.   Minor changes may need to be made with each release of MAME but the merge would go easier.

mccoy178:
Sorry to hear about the family and the tough times.  It is good to hear from you again.  There are many anxious gamers waiting for your return. :cheers:

squirrellydw:
I to am sorry to hear about your family.  That is really a hard thing to deal with.  If you need some webspace for PowerMAME I might be able to help you out with that.  I would also really like to see a plug in version for MAME and PowerMAME32 but you can only do what you can.  Thanks for trying and take care.

MYX:
Wow, Sorry about your family. I hate Cancer. Too many good people (in my family and close friends) have it.  Dude, don't even think about this stuff right now. Ghaw did I just say that? Seriously though. Take care of your self for right now. We can wait. Believe me, we will be here waiting for your return.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version