Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can I use a Dream Arcade shaft and balltop in an Ultimarc 360 or Mag-Stik?  (Read 1918 times)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
I really want to order a Mag-Stik from Ultimarc because it is 4/8 way switchable from the top (and I really like my T-Stiks) but I want a pink balltop.  I am also considering a 360 joystick from Ultimarc because it seems to be an all-in-one solution but neither of them come in pink.  Dream Arcades sells a pink balltop (http://www.dreamarcades.com/partssticks/pinkbtop.shtml).  Could I remove the stick from 360 or Mag-Stik and use the pink balltop and shaft from the Dream Arcade one?

Any thoughts? 

THANKS!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:41:56 pm by javeryh »

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: Can I use a Dream Arcade shaft and balltop in an Ultimarc 360 or Mag-Stik?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 01:15:56 pm »
If the balltops have the standard 6mm thread (which they almost certainly do) then the options are:
UltraStik 360: It will fit on the ball-top version.
Mag-Stik Plus: If you order the add-on ball-top handles it will fit, but you would need to drop me an email so that we can send the shaft with the ball not fitted, otherwise you won't be able to swap it owing to being Locktite Threadlock'd on.
Andy

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:28:22 pm »
Thanks Andy.  So does the ball unscrew from the shaft or will I need to replace the entire shaft?  I think I'm going to try the 360 - I'll be ordering it soon!

Aurich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 01:34:32 am
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 12:03:19 am »
If you want a pink ball top for one of Andy's sticks then you can just pick up a Japanese one (either Sanwa or Seimitsu) they're a direct fit (IIRC Sanwa is what Andy stocks, though in limited colors, no pink). Check the sellers in the the trading forum, can't remember if ponyboy stocks them, but eBay will nab you a couple easy otherwise, pink is a popular color for those.

For the 360 you just swap the tops, the balls are threaded on.

destructor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2019, 03:10:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:46:32 am »
If you want a pink ball top for one of Andy's sticks then you can just pick up a Japanese one (either Sanwa or Seimitsu) they're a direct fit (IIRC Sanwa is what Andy stocks, though in limited colors, no pink). Check the sellers in the the trading forum, can't remember if ponyboy stocks them, but eBay will nab you a couple easy otherwise, pink is a popular color for those.

For the 360 you just swap the tops, the balls are threaded on.
You are wrong. Sanwa sticks doesn't fit to T-Stik or Mag-Stik, these are IL products.
These will fit to J-Stik (Sanwa JLW) or U360 (Sanwa JLW base) only.

AndyWarne

• Offline Offline
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 05:23:29 am »
The ball tops do fit the T-Stik and Mag-Stik but you need to order the replacement shafts which we supply. On the UltraStik you can just unscrew the ball but on the replacement shafts for the T-Stik and Mag-Stik you cannot, and would need to request that we send a shafy without the ball fitted.
Andy

destructor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 06:38:27 am »
Yes Andy, you should sell Mag-Stiks and T-Stik with ball-tops handles where we can unscrew tops (ball or bat). And it should be default.

After some time ball on my T-Stik Plus have burst in place where ball is connected with shaft. I think that there is pressure between shaft, ball and material which connect ball with shaft.

Kowal must made new shafts for Mag/T-Stiks where we can use seimitsu bubble balls for example. :)

Aurich

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 01:34:32 am
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 12:18:19 pm »
Yes Andy, you should sell Mag-Stiks and T-Stik with ball-tops handles where we can unscrew tops (ball or bat). And it should be default.
IIRC the issue is that Andy "glues" the balls on so they don't come loose when you use the mechanical switching action of the stick, which makes sense.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 04:45:42 pm »
Just so I'm sure, I don't need an ipac with the Ultimarc 360, right?  I'm planning on 3 action buttons and 4 admin buttons (maybe a 5th for power on and off but right now I'm planning to just wire straight to the computer).

Thanks!!

fatfingers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2015, 10:15:43 am
  • Got UltraStiks?™
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 07:26:52 pm »
Just so I'm sure, I don't need an ipac with the Ultimarc 360, right?  I'm planning on 3 action buttons and 4 admin buttons (maybe a 5th for power on and off but right now I'm planning to just wire straight to the computer).

Thanks!!

I'm almost certain the ultrastiks can handle 7, maybe even eight buttons.
My DK low scores
-------------------
1) 180700
2) 165000
3) 162900
4) 162600
5) 158500

W.W.P.M.D.?                                       I'm here to help ... I just don't do it. ™

JustMichael

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 09:22:40 pm »
Just so I'm sure, I don't need an ipac with the Ultimarc 360, right?

Correct.  The Ultimarc 360 comes with its own USB interface.

I'm planning on 3 action buttons and 4 admin buttons (maybe a 5th for power on and off but right now I'm planning to just wire straight to the computer).
Thanks!!

The Ultimarc 360 can have up to 8 individual buttons hooked up to it.  The PC power button should not be hooked to the Ultimarc 360.

destructor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 02:37:21 am »
IIRC the issue is that Andy "glues" the balls on so they don't come loose when you use the mechanical switching action of the stick, which makes sense.
It makes sense otherwise, but this solution (glue) isn't good.

AndyWarne

• Offline Offline
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 02:51:07 pm »
Des, can you suggest a better method? I can't think of one. We use Locktite Threadlock actually. On the Mag-Stik, because it must be able to be turned to allow 4-8 way switching from the top, the ball would simply unscrew if not locked on somehow.
Andy

destructor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 03:36:02 am »
Des, can you suggest a better method? I can't think of one. We use Locktite Threadlock actually. On the Mag-Stik, because it must be able to be turned to allow 4-8 way switching from the top, the ball would simply unscrew if not locked on somehow.
Andy
I think about it still. If I found something better I will inform you Andy.
Switching to right side isn't problem because metric screw is right (clock). Problem is with switch to left side only.

PS. In free time I show photo how my T-Stik ball is damaged.