Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone here have skins game 2000?  (Read 2634 times)

Angry_Radish

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2020, 06:36:17 pm
Anyone here have skins game 2000?
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:19:24 pm »
Hi all,
Does anyone here have a skins game 2000 cabinet, and have time to help me do a little troubleshooting?
I need to see if I can reproduce an error before grabbing another board  :(
Thanks in advance!
Dan

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
Re: Anyone here have skins game 2000?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:22:06 pm »
I don't own one...but I have repaird them befor...what's your problem?...uhh...the machine's problem ;)
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 09:41:41 pm »
Trying to track down a lack of video, was wondering if I should have any video POST with a bad hard drive or not.
I'm hoping that someone may have this game, and be able to unplug the drive and fire the game up to see if it posts..
The diagnostics LEDs are no help, the manual is pretty general for troubleshooting, nice and helpful ... "Change out the board with a known working one. If it works, send the board in for replacement" hehe, real helpful  :)

GrimDog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2016, 12:41:26 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:22:35 pm »
this may or may not help.  I tried to swap this board into a neo cabinet for a test run and I got no video.  I realized later that the neo does not have the -5v line hooked up.  Once I wired that up, the game ran perfectly.  Its a super fun game, I picked up a jrok converter hoping to make it "skins game to go" but it doesnt work with the jrok. :(

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 03:31:42 pm »
I hadn't considered that, hopefully that's it, I need to check the power supplies I have and see if they even HAVE the -5, I had scavenged them out of older cabs, and already had the jamma hooked up..
Now I just need to find a reason to leave work early... :-)
Well, at least super auctions are tommorrow, maybe I can find one in a parts bin or something :-)
Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes!

*edit*
Well, busted out the meter, no -5vdc on either of my extra power supplies, and the atx power supply I brought home was no help, looks like it's the auction tomm :-)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 10:14:00 pm by Angry_Radish »

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 12:03:02 am »
oh, and ATX power supplys won't put out enough power for that game either...the ones I have worked on wanted 5.4-5.5 volts...
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee