Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDWizLighter & LEDWizGen  (Read 3890 times)

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
LEDWizLighter & LEDWizGen
« on: October 21, 2006, 01:49:08 pm »
This should be enough to get controls to light up for each game using LEDWizLighter in any FE currently without built in support for LEDWiz.

Included is an app called LEDWizGen which will generate the cfg files used by LEDWizLighter by reading controls.ini. Everything to get it running is included in the zip file.

I do not have a LEDWiz so I cannot test this! Can someone with a LEDWiz please test this application and report back to this thread.

Thanks to swindus for LEDWizLighter and edge for the GUI design.

Instructions:
1. Run LEDWizGen and put in your settings for your LED's
2. Press GO! button to generate the cfg files
3. Test it works by launching 1942.bat

NEW: Version 1.1 now saves your LED settings
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 02:30:02 pm by headkaze »

swindus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2021, 05:52:50 am
    • MaLa - M.A.M.E. Launcher
Re: LEDWizLighter & LEDWizGen
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 02:13:23 pm »
For me it works as expected.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 02:23:36 pm by swindus »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:24:14 pm »
Thanks swindus :)

edge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2023, 11:56:46 am
  • AttractMode and GroovyArcade rock!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 04:44:03 pm »
Headkaze,
Nice UI.  I am flattered.  ;) 

Is that in VB?  I was working on the same exact functionality to add to the LEDWizard app.  Instead of duplication, I can add another tab into the LEDWizard with your batch generator.

Let me know.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 05:11:38 pm »
edge: I liked your layout, it was logical and straight forward and I couldn't think of a reason to change it. Glad your ok about me using it :)

LEDWizGen is actually written in C#, but I'll give you the basic rundown of how it works..

1. Open controls.ini and enumerate all sections (using GetPrivateProfileString() API function with first 3 parameters as null returns all sections as a string array)
2. Create an outter loop that loops through this array of section strings
3. Enumerate the keys for each section and create an inner loop that loops through this array of keys. Again you use GetPrivateProfileString() but instead the first parameter is the section name from your outter loop and the next two parameters are null.
4. If the key matches one of the following, read them into a variable..

NumPlayers - so you know how many controls there are
P1_BUTTON1 to P1_BUTTON8 - if it has one of these then you know to light the LED for it
P1_JOYSTICK - check to see if this string exists in the key your reading. I think InStr() is what you use for VB6.
Do same as above for P1_TRACKBALL, P1_DIAL, P1_PADDLE and P1_AD_STICK. You need to use InStr() because they are not exact in the ini file (Eg. They may have P1_JOYSTICK_UP or P1_AD_STICK_X)

Now you know what controls are used and how many players for this game, you simply write the cfg file with the controls that are enabled in the GUI.

Hope this helps!

Headkaze,
Nice UI.  I am flattered.  ;) 

Is that in VB?  I was working on the same exact functionality to add to the LEDWizard app.  Instead of duplication, I can add another tab into the LEDWizard with your batch generator.

Let me know.

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 07:13:57 pm »
Dude.. Nice

How can we lure you away from the 'EX' to make some kick ass plug-ins for MaLa  :-)

PS If you want a wiz I may be able to give you a good price on a 2nd hand one if you can wait until x-mas? I bought two for testing but I only really want one as I have 2 x MaLa hardware as well. You are in Oz?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:30:22 am by loadman »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 05:56:20 am »
loadman: Yep I'm an aussie in Perth :)

To be honest mate, I don't really want a LEDWiz at the moment as it would be too much of a mission to convert my CP over with new buttons etc. Although it would be bloody cool to do one day. Thanks for the offer though, really appreciate it.

As for moving from the EX to Mala :) hehe If only I could get you mob to move over to my FE! But seriously Mala looks like an awesome FE and swindus is obviously a top bloke. Seems the Mala community is full of cool people much like the GameEx community so that's nice to see.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:07:09 am by headkaze »

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 06:25:11 am »
it would be too much of a mission to convert my CP over with new buttons etc
Most of my buttons on my cab are just ordinary coloured (oz spelling) buttons with the bright LEDS shoved in them (supplied with MaLa HW kit) They look great and don't seem to cause any functional problems. My kids pound them when they play

But seriously Mala looks like an awesome FE and swindus is obviously a top bloke. Seems the Mala community is full of cool people much like the GameEx community so that's nice to see.
Swindus is a 'top bloke' (as we say in Australia) and he does what he can for this hobby when 'real life' things allow  :-)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:28:03 am by loadman »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 07:52:24 am »
it would be too much of a mission to convert my CP over with new buttons etc
Most of my buttons on my cab are just ordinary coloured (oz spelling) buttons with the bright LEDS shoved in them (supplied with MaLa HW kit) They look great and don't seem to cause any functional problems. My kids pound them when they play

Hmm, then maybe I would be interested in that. PM me with a price and I'll consider it.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 08:57:48 am »
Bump in case you missed it. Version 1.1 now saves your LED settings so you only need to set them up once.