Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Control Panel Database: Post a picture of your Control Panel!  (Read 748887 times)

Marky_1979

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2017, 11:07:07 am
    • Personal Webspace
Re: Control Panel Database: Post a picture of your Control Panel!
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2007, 12:18:37 am »
My c/p although currently undergoing a revamp

MaMeNnO

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2021, 10:06:42 am
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2007, 02:34:28 am »
This is my CP!

The design was done in Adobe Illustrator...

Here is the final printed version on vinyl...

The CP with sticks and buttons installed... more red and green buttons are on it's way! ;D

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2007, 06:16:17 pm »
I see the majority of folks here are putting the joysticks dust washer on top of the CP...

QUESTION:  How do you prevent the circular scratching from happening from where the dust washer scrapes around the plexiglass (if you are using plexi that is)...anyone know how I can buff that out without screwing up my plexi?
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

GoPodular.com

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2008, 10:09:55 pm
    • GOPODULAR!
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2007, 11:12:49 pm »
Stick a little felt on the bottom of the disc.  Check Walmart in the craft section.

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2007, 02:44:28 am »
just put the dustwashers under the cp
This signature is intentionally left blank

needlesmcgirk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2009, 10:54:31 pm
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2007, 04:57:12 pm »
This was taken without the box and before it was wired and given the t-mold.  The cab is actually almost finished so I'll have to post some pics of that as well when I finally finish the thing.

As you can see this is nothing extrodinary.  The joystick in the middle is a dedicated 4-way.  Player 1 and 2 and Happ Competitions, and 3 and 4 are Happ Supers.  All wired to an Ipac 4.

f4phantomii

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2007, 01:12:39 pm »
Completed most of the construction over Christmas when I was off for a few days.  Been collecting parts for over three years and wanted to get this done.

It's a two-deck design inspired by the supercade panel, but I don't have anything installed up there yet.  I'll eventually add a spinner and analog flightstick to the upper deck.

And the artwork to go with it.....

And as an update, here's the finished items....still need to put the door on the front to close it all up nicely.

As mentioned previously, will add a flight stick and possibly a spinner to the currently unused upper deck.  Thinking about a separate panel for mounting steering wheels, pedals, and shifters and want a couple of lightguns as well.
Joysticks are used Ikari Warrior style rotary 8-way joysticks.  Trackballs are both Xarcade 3-inch trackballs....I've been very pleased with both.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:07:32 pm by f4phantomii »

mrserv0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2021, 09:20:06 pm
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2007, 09:27:25 pm »

The TV its played on

Wiring Job. First time doing any of this turned out good.

dstone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2021, 01:03:52 pm
    • Vectorcade
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2007, 10:28:28 pm »
Pictures from my cocktail I built about 2 years ago:

The flash on this camera got a little crazy. This image was taken after I installed the control panel. A family friend helped me paint it with automotive paint to give it a nice shine. The rest of the machine in the photo is still spray-painted black, but was refinished to match the control panels shortly after the photo was taken. (Also, please excuse the laundry in the background, I was busy working on the machine rather than folding clothes  ;D )

And the money shot (taken after we got settled in our new house):

AlexKidd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2010, 06:46:24 pm
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2007, 12:34:35 am »
I needed a layout that would allow two people to play smash TV and 4 people to play gauntlet and TMNT without making too much of a frankenpanel. It's a pretty big CP but it's going on a big cabinet and 4 people can fit around it comfortably.

Yes I know that the player 3 and 4 start buttons are sideways, I didn't realize it when I was wiring it up and I haven't fixed it yet.

boboli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2013, 04:03:29 pm
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2007, 01:52:46 am »
My Mega Man control panel - I'll eventually replace the buttons with matching or LED buttons.

Elkor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2007, 12:42:50 pm
  • What did I just say?
    • Full Circuit
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2007, 12:42:51 pm »
been a long time since I've browsed the site, saw this thread though and as I had a pic handy I'd thought I'd send it in.

haven't really done any work on the cab in a while.. may be time for an upgrade sometime this year ;-)
The sudden sight of me causes panic in the streets. They have yet to learn
-- only the savage fears what he does not understand.
                -- The Silver Surfer

bmrust

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2007, 10:32:45 am
  • PEW PEW PEW!!!
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2007, 10:33:13 am »

snk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 11:19:20 pm
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 01:27:46 am »
This was my prototype made about 7 years ago. No aestheticism but functionality. It uses a keyboard hack. I since then transplant that one on a MAME cab...pictures to follow.  ;)
This's what makes a legend

nexus6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 10:01:38 am
    • LowRez Retroshirts
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2007, 06:39:17 am »
heres a panel for my nsm. above the steel plate theres a lexanglass. the print under the lexan is just a poster ive ordered in a photo shop. in future i want to make this panel exchangable.

bfauska

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2007, 10:41:49 pm »
Here's part 1 of my 2 part WIP, I am going to build a matching box that will daisy chain off of this one.  I also need to do some complimentary overlays for both boxes and then I will toss some plexiglass ontop of both of them and paint the sides of the box.

Everybody's CPs look really cool, I hope one day when I have the room I can take the time to build an upright cab to add to these ranks.

Later,
Brian

jmelan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2021, 04:14:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2007, 04:13:11 pm »
here is mine that i finished last year.  I wired the buttons up with leds connected to the computer 5V power supply until i get around to purchasing an LEDwiz

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 11:44:45 am by jmelan »

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »
Three pictures of my main Mame CP before it was fitted to the cab.

Compact size only 29" X 11"  the service buttons (player1 player2 escape etc etc..) are mounted on a separate panel which forms part of the cab.

Built from scratch with graphics designed in photoshop, "Timewarp Rocky Horror Theme".... printed on a roll of photo quality glossy paper, then laminated and overlaid with plexi.

Keywiz interface, with six buttons per player, plus pinball buttons.
Main sticks are X-Arcade (8 way)  (since modified with cherry switches) and one Sanwa set into 4 way mode.

Trackball lighting courtesy of Randy-T's trackball lighting kits

Turbo Twist 2 Spinner

Any Questions Please Ask.....

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:17:46 am by Fozzy The Bear »
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

AMDman13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2023, 09:21:58 pm
  • This Cab is going to be the end of me!!
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2007, 11:10:39 pm »
Although not my own original design I still love it. You can tell I didn't care about the paint quality on the underside. I just wanted to protect it. Wiring is Cat 3 solid core and is soldered.... Very simple and effective. 

I've decided not to go with a spinner for now...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:18:06 pm by marlborroman13 »
My old user name was marlborroman13, but I kicked the habit many years ago!

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2007, 11:04:46 am »
Here is the desktop CP than RandyT built for me about two years ago.  I did the basic design and Randy “enhanced” it quite a bit.  (I missed the memo above about keeping comments brief).

There is very little about it that I would change and most of that is either done or has been done:

Stuff that I like that I/we did:

Dedicated Coin, Start, Pause, and Escape buttons   I hate the idea of trying to remember shift key combo’s.

T Molding    I planned to omit this as I didn’t have a router and it seemed a bit like overkill, but it gives it a much more finished look and is highly recommended, especially with kids using the panel.

PartsExpress Vinyl   I like the colorful graphics, especially like the panels that Knieval has done, but it wouldn’t go over well with Mrs. Tiger Heli.  Wood grain wouldn’t look right for an arcade CP, IMHO.  The black vinyl was a good compromise and has held up extremely well.

Joystick Colors    The red on the left and blue on the right is correct for Twin Cobra or Ikari and many other games.  There are a few that it is backwards for, but nothing you can’t adjust to.  I think it brightened up the panel over the standard black ones.

Button placement and colors   I mostly play classics using the lower row of buttons.  I wanted to mimic the Neo Geo pattern of Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, as many of this games have on screen instructions that tell you what each button does by color.  But . . . I didn’t want to use a conventional Neo Geo layout as I mainly play 2 button shoot em up’s.  Luckily I realized basically only the NG fighters use all four buttons, and I don’t play those, so shifting the colors over means red is the first button, followed by yellow, followed by green.  For a four button NG game, I re map MAME to use the 7th button and for other NG games the finger placement is incorrect, but I never liked using the thumb for button one and I won’t be in any tournaments any time soon anyway.  Randy suggested the button placement which has worked well.

Fit and Finish   Randy spent more time on this than I would have.  All of the screw heads are capped.  The entire panel could be disassembled if required.  Access to the interior (which isn’t really required) is just a matter of removing the two “bed post” screws and lifting the top lid.

Stuff that I changed or will change: 

Plug position    Randy originally had the KeyWiz mounted on the rear vertical (inside) face of the panel with the connector going through an opening on the bottom panel.  This meant you had to pivot the entire panel forward to plug it in and then the keyboard cable was stressing the strain relief because it had to make a sharp 90 degree bend to avoid hitting the desk.  I made an opening on the rear panel and mounted the KeyWiz to the bottom panel of the CP.  This way, I can set the CP on the desk and then pull the cable over to it and connect it.

Escape button   This is pretty well recessed, but I have hit this accidentally at times.  I need to look up McCoy’s 3 second delay AHK script and load that prior to launching MAME.

F11 key   (Framerates)   The KeyWiz does not have a Shazaam’d default for this, and it would be useful.  Fortunately, MAME allows it to be re mapped to something else so I will do that.

Stuff that I have mixed feelings on:  

Right Prodigy   This was also a bit of overkill by Randy.  I don’t think I have ever put the blue stick in 4 way mode, so I could have easily gotten away with a Omni Stick in 8 way mode for this stick.  OTOH, I have a hard time remembering whether the lever should be left or right for 4/8 way mode, and since the right stick is always in 8 way mode, it makes an easy reference.  Also, if I didn’t swap sticks for alternating games like Pac Man, it could be useful for that.

Prodigy Sticks in general   This is one of those things where you can’t really make an informed decision until you have tried out all the other options, but who wants to spend $100 on joysticks to find the nine types you don’t like.  The prodigies are probably the best switchable joysticks available.  They are very precise, but very short throw.  However, I recently played a Hanaho Arcade PC (Happ Supers and Happ Reunion).  I like the Prodigies better than either one as a 4 way stick, but would like a bit more travel on 8 way games.  If I were building a full cabinet, I might look at Happ Comps for 8 ways and an Omni Stick for 4 way, but I wouldn’t want to add the extra real estate to this panel or cramp it, so these were probably the best choice for this panel.

KeyWiz Interface   First off, the KeyWiz has performed flawlessly for me, and I don’t have any real complaints with it.  Secondly, none of the alternatives are perfect.  The I PAC VE also uses SDRAM and doesn’t have as good a default codeset as the KeyWiz, and the I PAC/2 USB has four less inputs, which would be okay for MAME, but not great for some of the PC games I occasionally play on this panel.  However, the KW has four strikes against it when used in a removable desktop panel, especially under WinXP: 1) SDRAM, 2) Slow Programming, 3) No active keyboard pass thru, and 4) PS/2 Interface.

SDRAM would not be a problem with a cabinet, b/c you just run the uploader at boot up to load your custom setup.  With my setup, it means I would have to ensure that the panel is plugged in BEFORE I fired up either MAME or my frontend.  Combined with the slow (15 20 seconds) programming time, this would be a delay before running each game.  As a result, I end up using the default codeset for MAME use.  Fortunately, the default codeset is very well thought out, and MAME allows easy re mapping if required.

PS/2 is not a problem under WIN9x   You simply plug the standard keyboard in through a USB converter, and hot swap the KeyWiz and both are active.  It’s technically not a supported connection method, and it’s confusing to people who are used to USB plug n pray and unfamiliar with PS/2 connectors, but it works.  Under WinXP, the KeyWiz will not be recognized unless a PS/2 keyboard (or the KW) is installed at boot up, so you HAVE to use a normal PS/2 keyboard.  That means you either have to have another USB keyboard that you can plug in, or use the KW pass thru and select between them.  Either way it’s an additional connection to make, but in normal usage it’s not that big a deal.

Hope the info helps.
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

1cal

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2013, 06:54:37 pm
    • Basement Boomerang
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2007, 06:57:40 pm »
Just had my control panel,originally printed on photopaper, reprinted by MAME MAQUEES on vinyl and here's how it came out.

Cal

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/callum.henderson/basement_boomera_00000a.htm

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2007, 07:22:09 am »
I am not big on fancy overlays, but here is my most recent panel.

Sticks are Happ P-360s with stiffer springs and repro robotron handles.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

gse123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2010, 11:25:19 am
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2007, 10:02:42 am »
I'm just in the process of attempting my very first arcade controller (standalone stick though - no part of a cab) and I have to say, i'm already feeling grossly inadequate! Some of the controls on here are just beautiful. Amazing work guys.

Pongo

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2015, 10:19:54 am
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2007, 12:45:42 am »
I'm sure you are not alone in that! I'm amazed by the stuff I see here, and I'm still planning out my cab project for this summer (waiting until the garage warms up a bit) I decided to do a bit of practice though, so I built a box this weekend to test things out a bit. I still have to finish the wiring, but I figure this way I can get my mistakes out of the way first.

Here you go,... this thread needs something to bring the quality level down a bit.

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2007, 11:29:03 am »
Here you go,... this thread needs something to bring the quality level down a bit.

Not at all!!  That's a nice neat clean layout and very well finished.... I like it, in fact I'd be proud to have built that.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

gse123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2010, 11:25:19 am
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2007, 12:08:08 pm »

Not at all!!  That's a nice neat clean layout and very well finished.... I like it, in fact I'd be proud to have built that.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

I agree! It has a nice clean retro feel to it. Not every control panel has to feature complex artwork etc :)

Jake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2009, 02:42:37 pm
    • My webpage
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2007, 04:34:39 pm »
The rocky horror time warp control panel is my favorite.  Great job on that.
Level Designer - Virtual Heroes
http://www.virtualheroes.com

stevodevo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2022, 11:27:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2007, 10:25:12 am »
Great pics!  Keep em coming!

My sis did the artwork for this one...I keep telling myself I need to take another pic now that it's finished.  She also designing me some door art based on the same theme so I can lose the stickies that are on there now...

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2007, 08:22:19 pm »
The rocky horror time warp control panel is my favorite.  Great job on that.

Cheers Jake!  :cheers:

It was a lot of fun putting the design together. If you like the panel then you're really "going into a mind flip" when you see the finished cabinet artwork LOL  ;D  When I get it all done I'll post the pics.

I kind of have my other half to thank for the design inspiration. She's a big Rocky Horror fan.... So I thought it might be easier to get the cab into the house if it kind of had a crossover theme to it.  ;)

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

4Aaron GE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2013, 10:27:07 pm
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2007, 10:49:58 pm »
Great pics!  Keep em coming!

My sis did the artwork for this one...I keep telling myself I need to take another pic now that it's finished.  She also designing me some door art based on the same theme so I can lose the stickies that are on there now...

Ok.  Wow.  Just....  WOW.  That's freakin' AWESOME!

You've got to get pics of the whole then when it's together.  Your sister is really talented.

bfauska

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2007, 09:59:28 pm »
Here's the DorkStick Version 2.0

I posted a while back with my all MDF box but this one is new and *SHINEY* it's part of a 2 CP set (this is actually player 2 since player 1 isn't painted yet) they share one GPWiz and player 2 daisy chains to player 1. More info in my project announcement thread.

everybody's CPs look great, keep up the good work.

Later,
Brian
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:25:07 am by bfauska »

oqqalz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2013, 11:49:33 am
  • It's pronounced "Franc-N-Steen"
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2007, 05:40:18 pm »
My "Franc-N-Steen" control  panel is a quad with dual joysticks on player 1 & 2.  It also has a 3" trackball, dedicated  4-way, Apache Controls DoT spinner, and 8-way flight stick. 

It's still a work in progress.  Right now, I have someone working on the panel's artwork. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 05:48:26 pm by oqqalz »

Duake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2018, 10:41:06 pm
  • Let's do this!
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2007, 03:40:14 pm »
Here's mine that I recently finished (top only) and am still wiring.

Aurich

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2021, 01:34:32 am
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2007, 04:14:42 pm »

Ultrastik 360's with octagon gates, Sanwa snap-in buttons. Artwork printed by Scott @ Mamemarquees.

Jeff AMN

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2017, 05:26:24 pm
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2007, 10:55:52 am »
I have two Happs Perfect 360s, a Tornado Spinner, a Happs 3" Trackball, P1 coin and start, P2 coin and start, a Happs Super (for 4-way), and my player buttons. I just use the Mini-PAC shift function for all my admin stuff. The overlay is just black vinyl under plexi. The buttons are lit using GGG's button blaster LEDs.

The monitor in the back is from my test setup. Just last night I got it running on my 27" TV through component connection and it looks amazing.

The pic was taken before I put my t-molding on, but thankfully that red and blue light around the edges stayed there even with the t-molding in place.
http://www.CoinOpShippers.com - The lowest rates on pinball and arcade shipping in the USA.
http://GamerTheory.com - Video Game News, Reviews, Editorials, and Contests
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/ - The Pinball Podcast - Two Pinheads Talking Pinball

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 05:35:40 pm
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:49 pm »
Here's my recent one.

I'm using an Ultimarc 360 with a pink balltop, black Happs buttons and pink buttons from Dream Arcades for parts.  The construction is MDF with Happs black pica vinyl overlay.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:17:10 pm by javeryh »

kelroy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2009, 12:10:08 pm
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2007, 11:51:57 pm »
my cp custom designed and build, it was my first one so it is not as good as some of the other ones posted. it has a ipac ps/2 and all the admin buttons are hidden inside the coin door.

releasedtruth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2018, 12:06:49 am
  • Projected Nexus
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2007, 10:53:39 am »
It's been done a long while, just looks saucier in the dark. Chrome rings on the 1/2up buttons and stainless steel dustwashers to go with the stainless sticks. Other admin buttons are on the back side of the panel along with 2 usb connectors.

GT

Herk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 02:50:02 pm
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2007, 11:28:49 am »
Releasedtruth,

Your whole cab is awesome, the cp is so shiny.  Did you get your inspiration from a Vindicators cab?  My machine is an original Vindicators and I like the different style of cabinet.  Great job, period

Herk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:22:12 pm by Herk »

alandrogers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2012, 06:46:57 pm
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2007, 04:55:46 pm »
There are some messages here by me in the main forum when I was trying to work this all out from the original design and such, but finally got it all mounted. (not wired up yet, but mounted)

Also ... since I noticed I'm on the front page news I thought it appropriate to update the picture of the CP.

Here it is ... all mounted .. except for the spinner, cause I only got the knob :( ... still waiting on the spinner and miniPac to move this part along.

the t-molding should arrive sometime next week

the top is covered with 1/8" abs plastic. it was really nice to work with. I used that because there were a lot of screw-ups in the plywood, and I wanted something opaque to cover it all up. when I went down to Tap Plastics, the only lexan they had was clear or smoky-clear. I could upgrade at some point in the future if I do some graphics, but the way I am ... it'll probably stay like it is til I build another one. If I ever do want to change it, it's just held in place with those 4 outside corner screws.

The 4-way is sandwiched between the plywood and the abs top. It's the original wico from the cabinet I bought, along with the original carriage bolts, too.

I actually love the look of the abs .. it's got a grainy texture that almost matches the trackball mount.

It's a bit of a change from the very first design posted here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64245.msg641923#msg641923

And slightly modified from my "final": http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64439.0

The only thing i really do want to change is the machine screws holding the main joysticks. I havent been able to find those #10 carriage bolts anywhere locally yet.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:11:46 pm by alandrogers »