Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: EAGO Monitor  (Read 6126 times)

GameBob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2007, 08:58:39 pm
EAGO Monitor
« on: January 27, 2007, 01:12:09 pm »
This is my first post here and I have to say what a great site. :applaud:  I recently picked up a Mortal Kombat 3 cabinent for about 100 dollars.  The cabinet needs a lot work but it does have a working monitor.  I plan on using the parts from it for a Mame cabinet.  The monitor is in need of degaussing I imagine as the characters change colors as they move across the screen. There is also some waviness on the edges.  The convergence was way off and I have been able to improve that somewhat by adusting the rings on the monitor neck.  I have read the monitor FAQ as well as googled for information on this monitor as I would like to get a cap kit.  Can anyone give me any information about this monitor?  Did the original manufacturer change names?  Is there a cap kit available?  Any help would be much appreciated :)  Images attached.

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: EAGO Monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 01:35:27 pm »
That appears to be one of the many EYGO varieties that has changed company names etc many times over. EYGO, EAGO, ProMax...who knows what all.
It might be best to make a list of the caps yourself and then sned the list off.
Bob Roberts carries a couple kits, but even he says the locations of the caps may vary.
http://homearcade.org/BBBB/caps.html

Can you find anything printed on the circuit board itself with a number like 825, 826, etc?

As for the degauss issue....I'd look at that plug near the power cord. That should be for the degauss coil and it appears to broken in two. The pins should be close together side by side, but I can't tell with the wiring harness in the way if it is even connected properly.
(circled in blue)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 01:37:42 pm by Kevin Mullins »
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 01:39:58 pm »
That's really a Wei-Ya (Huai I Electronics) chassis sold under a variety of names like Eago, Eygo, and Promax.

Visit www.weiya.com.tw/

GameBob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2007, 08:58:39 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 02:52:55 pm »
Good eye Kevin....The pins appear to be firmly seated and you are correct the wires are connected to the monitor and circle it completely.  I'm not sure why this connector has been cut in half.  Is there any way to tell if the built in degaussing unit is in fact working?  The only other numbers I found on the board are in the picture below. 

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 03:33:06 pm »
Definitely a Wei-ya chassis and it looks like it has retrofitted a Wells-Gardner 25k7101. The cut & spliced yoke wires, degausser wires, and video signal wires give it away.

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:28:26 pm »
That's really a Wei-Ya (Huai I Electronics) chassis sold under a variety of names like Eago, Eygo, and Promax.

I always forget to throw that part in there..... thanks Ken.
These things used to confuse the heck out of me.

About the degauss.... Ohm the degauss coil to see if it is broken, then you may need to check the PTC which is the blueish capacitor looking part near the fuse and degauss coil plug. It may be stuck "open" and not allow it to degauss. It acts like a switch.....when cold it will be "closed" as it degausses and heats the PTC up it will "open". (for a lack of better way to explain it in laymans terms)
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.