Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ATOMICFE 0.18 ON LINE! (Incl LED-WIZ native support!)  (Read 5351 times)

youki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2016, 01:07:33 pm
  • Atomic Front End Creator
    • Atomic Front End
ATOMICFE 0.18 ON LINE! (Incl LED-WIZ native support!)
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:47:51 am »
ATOMICFE 0.18  IS ONLINE!
---------------------------------

-LED-Wiz  native support   
-New tool : LedWizManager.Exe
-Enhancement AtomicManager and re-organisation of dialogs
-Enhancement Layout Editor new objects Added, Additionnal Video object support, Trajectory etc..
-Atomic modification to use new Editor Object
-Start on Favorite options Added
-External tool launch support Added.
-Bug fixed  on coin detection, escape detectation, Multiconf with list with offset etc...
-Clone management (0.17-2)
-and few other things...

downloadable from : http://www.atomicfe.com

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
Re: ATOMICFE 0.18 ON LINE! (Incl LED-WIZ native support!)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:24:49 pm »
Dude, Update your signature  :P (Your vacation is over)

I do like LED support so I am having a play with this new vers.

Question: (see attached pic) I have two Led-Wiz's and after I set up Wiz #1 I went to allocate Leds for Wiz #2 but the selections remained on screen for Wiz #1. Am I doing something wrong? I found this problem to be the same in 'hardware settings' and the 'animation script editor'

I am still playing but I have to say that your animation editor is not very 'Creative friendly' just yet.  I hope you consider making improvements on it in the future (I'm sure you are)

Good work to get so much done in a relatively small timeframe.

PS Can you please send me your Wiz.dll for me to play with and possibly also instructions on how to load/play your animation/sequence files via Delphi please.

Thanks

Load-Led AKA Loadman AKA Simon Loader
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 07:38:47 pm by loadman »

gonzobrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2011, 08:42:08 pm
  • This space for rent!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:12:13 pm »
This is just a guess but have you tried the save setting for selected led-wiz after you set up the first one,  then set 2 for led wiz number and set it up and save settings for selected led wiz?

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
    • MaLa
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 08:22:44 pm »
This is just a guess but have you tried the save setting for selected led-wiz after you set up the first one,  then set 2 for led wiz number and set it up and save settings for selected led wiz?
Sure. But it does not appear to be clearing the settings ....so I have to go to each one and change them all back when I go to wiz 2

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:54:31 am »
Yes, that's right i don't clear the settings when you change the ledwiz number. That's the behavior i wanted.

As the user interface is still "raw" , you can easily change the ledwiz number without having saved your settings for the previous ledWiz. So, if i clear the field... and you realise you forget to save... you will have to set up all again...  :(

So to avoid that, i let the current settings and you have to change.

Of course, i will enhance the tool in future version.  For now it is a first version and i tried to cover all LedWiz features the fastest and the best  i could.  (FYI , I spent only 16 hours for the LedWiz support in AtomicFE (including : writting my Dll,  configuration tools , and added the support in Atomic core) .  The LEDWiz is a very nice piece of hardware , very easy to drive!

Gonzobrian wrote a very good "How to" guide for Ledwiz and AtomicFE  , you can find it in the Docs folder of Atomic Distribution.  And for one time, the doc is in Real English!!! (not in my French-English!!!  ;)

Concerning the Dll, i will release a Dll for other developper soon. I will post on the forum.

loadman

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
    • MaLa
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 05:44:43 am »
Concerning the Dll, i will release a Dll for other developper soon. I will post on the forum.

Great Stuff.  Thanks

Buddabing

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2015, 02:51:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:38:12 am »
The new layout program is much improved. You've also really extended what you can do with the skins by having the capability of a movie being the background versus the scrolling images. I was hoping you'd make the layouts in a human-readable format, though.
I have changed my nickname to "Cakemeister". Please do not PM the Buddabing account because I do not check it anymore.

Please read the wiki!

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 11:07:20 am »
The new layout program is much improved

Yes, and some more stuff will come in the next version (no time to add it in that one)

You've also really extended what you can do with the skins by having the capability of a movie being the background versus the scrolling images

That's not new, you can do that since Atomic 0.14 but nobody used it before...   
But on 0.18 version you can have up to 10 video objet on the layout.

And there is other very insterresting thing you can do with the new editor. A layout to demonstrate that feature is coming soon.

I was hoping you'd make the layouts in a human-readable format, though.

Sorry, i keep the secret of my layout format!  ;)

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:27:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 01:52:55 pm »

Just wanted to say thanks to Youki for adding the LED-Wiz support to his fine front end software.  I'm very impressed with the depth of support he has added in the little time it took him to do it.  I'm sure things will get a little smoother down the road a bit, but it's a very comprehensive introductory feature set even as it stands right now.

Thanks again for all the hard work!   (now to go get the non-beta vesion installed :) )

RandyT

mmarx82

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2007, 02:04:07 pm
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 07:09:40 pm »
youki, I have a question.

I want to have a custom hibernate button.
So let's say Player 1 custom 1 will be that button.

On many MB's USB is still powered during hibernate mode. So, I want the LED Wiz to shutoff all the led's except the one mapped to this control when hibernate is activated and I want this one to pulse. Is this possible and if so how?

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 12:31:12 pm »
Hi,

You want define a special function to a button to trigger the hibernate mode and in that mode only highight a given led?

Atomic don't allow to define custom key action in standard. (it will come soon) , but to do what you want you have to solution :

- First add a menu item in a List  "Hibernate my pc" and that items run an external program that turn your PC in Hibernate mode.
-Second, use the "script" feature, to intercept your "button" command and run the external program.

In both case, you will need and externam program (that i can do really quickly for you if you want) to run before running the Hibernate one , that shutoff all led and highlet the one you want.

mmarx82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 09:58:02 am »
Thanks for the info,

I think a quick little program would be great. Could you link it somewhere so everyone could use it?

I understand the first part, I'll have to read up on your script freature to see how it should be done.

Thanks again.

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 10:06:58 am »
Unfortunaly the scripting feature is NOT really documented.

So if you have a program that i can call to hibernate your PC  and if you can give me to me.

I can make the script for you  and the litte external program for the LED-Wiz quickly , and explain you how to integrate that in Atomic.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:14:20 pm by youki »

mmarx82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 12:30:36 pm »
I'm new to programing so I'll try and see if I can make something. It might take me some time to figure it out. But I'll give it a try.

mmarx82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 09:21:12 am »
Ok, I got the app done. It requires the "Microsoft Framework .Net 2.0". It works for me on a Windows XP Pro SP2 pc but should work on anything back through Windows 98 I believe.

It does not Hibernate the PC but puts into standby. Seems my usb ports shutdown during hibernate but not in the suspend mode go figure. Also the app closes automatically after initiating the suspend mode.

Here is the link to the file If anybody can use this, they are free to download it. Also if you want to include it with your app youki, that's fine to.

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 10:25:59 am »
Hi mmarx82,

I don't have .NET of my machines. (Atomic does not use it ). and I prefer avoid to install it.

But it is not a problem, i'm going to make the ledoff program for you and you should be able to do that you want.

youki

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic Front End
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 10:46:29 am »
Ok, i made the program.

You can download it here :

http://www.AtomicFe.com/divers/ledonoff.zip

Just unzip it in a folder. (Atomic Folder is better as it use the LedWiz.Dll , it avoid to have multiple instance of the dll)

run  ledon.exe  to hightlight all led

and  run   ledoff.exe to off all led.

Instead of doing a script , as i'm preparing a patch for this week , i'm going to add a new feature for you. Just wait few days.